An announcement recognizing the Government and Senate

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

An announcement recognizing the Government and Senate

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Sat May 21, 2016 6:40 am

Salve Citizens,

I come to the forum today to recognize the efforts and contributions of our Senate and government. I have been observing our senate and other officials and have been very pleased with their contributions and actions. I am just a humble citizen so I cannot offer an official gift but if any of you would like a Ancient Roman coin contact me and I will send you one!

Vale,
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia

Re: An announcement recognizing the Government and Senate

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Sat May 21, 2016 7:02 am

Decimus Arrius Severus wrote:Salve Citizens,

I come to the forum today to recognize the efforts and contributions of our Senate and government. I have been observing our senate and other officials and have been very pleased with their contributions and actions. I am just a humble citizen so I cannot offer an official gift but if any of you ( Government Officials) would like a Ancient Roman coin contact me and I will send you one!

Vale,
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sat May 21, 2016 10:52 am

Salve,

Thank you, dear friend, for such kind words. Your words once again show us, the government and the Senate, that our actions are being taken in the right direction - to the benefit of the Roman society and the Republic.

Also thank you very much for your offer, but, in my opinion, the best gift for the whole of our society is that you will be able to share your capabilities, ideas, energy and time to make our common Republic is even better, and our Roman society even more successful. It is the best gift that a citizen can give to ResPublica.

Vale bene,
T. Fl. Severus
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Sat May 21, 2016 11:06 am

Titus Flavius Severus wrote:Salve,

Thank you, dear friend, for such kind words. Your words once again show us, the government and the Senate, that our actions are being taken in the right direction - to the benefit of the Roman society and the Republic.

Also thank you very much for your offer, but, in my opinion, the best gift for the whole of our society is that you will be able to share your capabilities, ideas, energy and time to make our common Republic is even better, and our Roman society even more successful. It is the best gift that a citizen can give to ResPublica.

Vale bene,
T. Fl. Severus

Salve D. ArriI Severe!

Thank you very much for these words. I think all of our magistrates are here out of a passion for this community and its goals. Hearing from citizens who are satisfied or inspired by these shared goals is astounding to see! It brightens the day! :)

I second the wise words of our consul. Your generosity is inspiring. The best gift you could provide the Res Publica at this point is service. We need citizens to lead private projects, provide ideas, participate in cultural works, and join us as magistrates! If any such things catch your interest, then I strongly recommend taking the initiative. I have found such work deeply rewarding. If you have the time and desire, I am sure you will find similar rewards.

vale.

Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Postby Quadratus » Sat May 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Salve, Severe!

It's nice to be in touch with a citizen who is also an active collector. Perhaps we can do some trading. Should we establish a sodalitas devoted to Roman coinage?

Vale!
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sat May 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Salve,
I am so glad to see a positive reaction to our government. I agree that they are doing their jobs honorably and wonderfully. And in addition to our consul and praetor, I too am very pleased to see such generosity and kindness!

In addition to Quadratus, I will be more than happy to collaborate with you to make this societas!

C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm

I can only echo the comments of my collegues. We are doing our best to proceed forward in what we percieve to be the right direction. Should we fail to do so, I hope our citizens will have corrected us long before we have gone astray.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 pm

I'll echo what I said to you privately Arri. I am flatered by the recognition and thank you dearly! I'm not one to turn down a gift when given so I await your coin. Lol I will keep it with much reverence.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Wed May 25, 2016 4:49 am

Salve All!

I am just speaking the truth about your work and contributions!

Vale,
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus

Return to Main Forum