Marcus Audens died

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Marcus Audens died

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Today came the news of the death of a remarkable man, a veteran of the Roman revival movement - Marcus Audens. All of us can relate to this person in different ways. I sincerely considered him my friend, to those who had an ambiguous character, but he was exactly a friend full of experience and ready to come with advice and fatherly help. With his death, a whole epoch has sunk into oblivion ... Rest in peace with a dear friend ...
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator

Re: Marcus Audens died

Postby Appius Claudius Tuscus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you, Severus, for letting us know.

Audens had a stormy time here - he was quick to take offense - but as you say, over the years he contributed a lot. If I recall correctly he was one among the Novi Romani who stood up first against the usurpers, and he was a part of the formative élan of our Res Publica's first years.

Those of you who are cultores Deorum, commend him to the Gods in your prayers, if you will. I will keep a favorable memory of Audens, irasciable but (as I thought) decent at heart - and rather Roman.

Valete.
Appius Claudius Tuscus

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm

De mortuis nihil, nisi bonum. Ergo taceo.
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm

This is a sad loss and hard news for the entire Roman community. I join in condolences.
Tiberia Salvia Alba

Return to Main Forum