Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Welcome everyone! Please jump in and tell us a little about yourself! What are your Roman interests?

Valete,
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:25 am

Ave!

Please join me in welcoming the new citizens approved today, Pr.Id. Mart. MMDCCLXIX. There is a sizable group from Gallia Mississippia/Mississippia Borealis today!

Aula Tullia Mus
Decimus Arrius Severus
Gnaeus Septimius Severus
Manius Valerius Armentarius
Numerius Octavius Mancinus
Octavius Rutilius Maximus
Publius Iulius Albinus
Tiberius Claudius Festus

I look forward to meeting all of you here at the forum!

As an aside we now have over 100 citizens approved, it is wonderful to see this assemblage taking place and a community forming!

Valete!

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 am

More then 100 members in 14 days. The organization deserves a pat in the back ^^
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:54 am

Greetings to all the new citizens! Welcome to Roma! Pease introduce yourselves and tell us a little about yourself. If you don't find a topic in the forum you wish to participate in, then start a new topic!

Optime valete,
Triariud
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:55 am

Gaius Atius Victor wrote:More then 100 members in 14 days. The organization deserves a pat in the back ^^

I have to say, we have great people here!
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Tiberius claudius festus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 am

Salvete fellow citizens of the Republic . My name is Tiberius claudius festus. I'm a reenactor In the legio IX Hispania reenactment group out of San Diego California. We do 1st and 2nd century AD. I love and I'm fascinated with Roman history. I have been learning a lot about the Empire, and just recently been learning about the Republic. I have a lot to learn about the Republic, I just started reading a history of the Roman Republic, and I can't put the book down. I'm interested in sharing photos and information on reenactor groups, art, music, and all things Roman. I have been purchasing (besides reenactment gear) civilian life items such as jugs, oil lamps, farmers straw hat, etc. and will be making a couple of civilian tunics soon. My fiance and I go camping in garb at a ranch in the mtns. and try to live/camp like Romans when we are there. I have been looking up and trying ancient Roman recipes; meals, deserts, drinks, and we enjoy trying them. So in other words I'm into it. Look forward to doing my part for the Republic of Rome. Thank you for accepting my citizens request. Valete everyone.
Tiberius claudius festus

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:29 am

Salve Festus!

Glad you're here! Believe it or not, I actually have one of your Legio's scutums. About 10 years ago, your centurio at the time, and his name escapes me it's been so long (stocky guy with a beard), sent me one, as I was trying t set up a detachment here in Tennessee. My wife keeps asking me why I keep it, and I keep telling her I'm gonna use it one day, LOL! I originally pursued interest in your Legio because my family heritage is Romano-British, and I have ancestors who were probably in the IX Hispania. They came from Gaul originally during the Roman occupation of Britain in the northwest. We never got a detachment started here, because at the same time, a Legio V Audalae formed at the University of TN-Knoxville.

Anyway, welcome again, and DO share some of those recipes, so I can use them when I camp. I'm excited to see what you take. Is it all preserved or do you need a cooler?

Vale,
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Numerius Octavius Mancinus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Salvete! I am a Fenn fascinated about all kind of aspects in Greek and Roman cultures, philosophy, art, music, cuisine, physical practice, languages... due to my wide shield of practices I am not expert in any of these- except philosophy, may be. Stoicism is very familiar to me.

I became interested in this group because I am mainly interested in practicing something in real life, may be I get advice or even real life friends interested in similar stuff- I am tired to books, document films and Facebook groups, that are of course important, but I want something more, something in real life.

By the way, if you live in (central) Finland and have same kind of wishes, feel free to contact me, let´s do something!
Pax Romana to everyone
Numerius Octavius Mancinus

Postby Tiberius claudius festus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 am

Lucius Vitellius Triarius wrote:Salve Festus!

Glad you're here! Believe it or not, I actually have one of your Legio's scutums. About 10 years ago, your centurio at the time, and his name escapes me it's been so long (stocky guy with a beard), sent me one, as I was trying t set up a detachment here in Tennessee. My wife keeps asking me why I keep it, and I keep telling her I'm gonna use it one day, LOL! I originally pursued interest in your Legio because my family heritage is Romano-British, and I have ancestors who were probably in the IX Hispania. They came from Gaul originally during the Roman occupation of Britain in the northwest. We never got a detachment started here, because at the same time, a Legio V Audalae formed at the University of TN-Knoxville.

Anyway, welcome again, and DO share some of those recipes, so I can use them when I camp. I'm excited to see what you take. Is it all preserved or do you need a cooler?

Vale,
Triarius

Salve Lucius. what a small world , his name is (Sean Richards ). Don't get rid of the IX scutum, who knows maybe one day you will get to use it?. That's so interesting about your family's history. I will be more than happy to post up Roman recipes, give me a couple of days or so, I have to work out of town. I think I will start with Roman burgers and Posca, for my first recipe post. Will get back to you real soon. Thanks for your hospitality fellow citizen. Valete Lucius.
Tiberius claudius festus

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:13 am

Yes, Sean was the guy. Tell him I said hey! Yes, I will wait patiently for the recipes. I'm camping the first weekend in April, so I will be ready.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum