Ancient History Magazine

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Ancient History Magazine

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:11 am

Does anyone subscribe to this magazine? It looks interesting, and I'm thinking about subscribing.

http://www.ancienthistorymagazine.com/p ... -magazine/

A year subscription is $65. At that price I want to make sure the content is better than the mounds of stuff available for free online. Does anyone have any familiarity with this magazine or advice?
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: Ancient History Magazine

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Master Marcus Horatius;

While I do not subscribe to the "Ancient History Magazine," I went to Google and looked the advertisement for the mag. over. It offered a preview of some articles from the magazine. They were well written and had a plethora of further references. The subjects of the articles were interesting, and pictures were well done. I am thinking about subscribing myself, once I have cleared such with my finance master :) ,now that you have mentioned it. Thank you for your reference! :D

Respectfully Submitted;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: Ancient History Magazine

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Master Horatius;

I had my wife look into the "Ancient History Magazine" a little deeper. She found a trial subscription of only three issues about $22.00. With a fourth issue at about an extra $7.00. There is also something called an "Ancient Warfare Newsletter" which was available to subscribe to. Since, such is a particular interest of mine, I will also subscribe to that as well. Thanks Again for the Heads Up!!

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Return to Main Forum