Comitia Centuriata - Session I (CLOSED)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Comitia Centuriata - Session I (CLOSED)

Postby Lucia Hostilia Scaura » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Avete!

Today I come before you to open the first meeting of the Comitia Centuriata.

Edictum Curiatorum: On the First Meeting of the Comitia Centuriata declares that this meeting is to occur today, March 18. This same edictum asks that I, as Lictrix, lead this meeting.

The meeting will be conducted in this manner

* March 18 to March 25 - I invite all citizens who wish to declare candidacy to state their intentions here on the forum. Questions for the candidates can be asked by any citizen.

* March 26 to April 4 - Private voting to determine which candidates are elected will occur. There is to be no campaigning or discussion of the election during this period.

The meeting and voting will close on April 4.

In preparation for this meeting, I have asked the Gods for their support and influence. Upon waking today, I asked Jupiter and Juno for their direction. In recognition of the founding of the Roman Republic, I asked Mars to supervise our decisions. Further, I am pleased to announce that the auspices for this meeting of the Comitia Centuriata were positive. A special thank you to citizen Gaius Tullius Valerianus for conducting this augury.

We gather today to make an important decision. The time has come for us to elect the first consuls and praetors! I would like to provide more information about these offices for everyone is aware of the duty before us.

I. The first consuls elected will hold the office of censor concurrently. This extraordinary provision allows for the foundation of the Roman Republic. This exception is described here http://romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=78. This edictum states that the persons elected consul will hold this office until January 1, 2017. The persons elected as the first consul will continue to hold the office of censor until January 1, 2018.

Those elected praetor will hold this office until January 1, 2017.

II. There will be TWO consuls and TWO praetors elected. The two persons receiving the most support from the centuries will be elected into the respective positions. The candidate for consul obtaining the greatest support is to be consul maior. Likewise, the candidate for praetor obtaining the greatest support is to be praetor urbanus. Regardless of support, the two candidates elected in each office will be colleagues with equal authority.

III. The responsibilities of the consul are outlined in detail in Lex Curiatorum: On the Consul http://romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=65

In summary -

Powers and minimum responsibilities of the consul

I. Responsible for organizing the festival Feriae Latinae

II. Must organize the Comitia Centuriata and Comitia Tributa to elect censores, consuls, praetors, curule aediles and quaestors for the year after their term expires

III. Can summon the senate, introduce items to the senate, set senate agenda, and chair senate in accordance to the bylaws

IV. Can summon the following assemblies and propose items before these assemblies:
a. Comitia Curiata
b. Comitia Tributa
c. Comitia Centuriata

V. Is to be the primary representative of the res publica government to the board of directors of the Roman Republic

VI. Is to be the primary representative of the res publica government to the Collegium Pontificum and Collegium Augurum

VII. Is the only magistrate which may propose legislation pertaining to denarii paid for tax and the creation of new denarii
a. Such legislation must be approved by the senate and board of directors (Lictor Curiatus Magister)

VIII. Holds imperium
a. Only those with imperium may propose legal sentences which remove citizenship
i. Removal of citizenship must follow process outlined in bylaws
b. Is allowed a ceremonial honor guard of up to 12 lictores in a ceremonial guard

IX. May wear the toga praetexta for life at official ceremonial events

X. While in office is entitled to a curule chair at official ceremonial events

XI. A consul may veto the actions of their colleague and any of junior ranked elected magistrates in accordance to the bylaws

XII. A consul may veto the actions of any appointed (unelected) magistrate (officer)

In addition the persons elected to this office will hold the additional responsibilities of censor until January 1, 2018. These are outlined in Lex Curiatorum: On the Censores http://romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=77

In summary -

Powers and minimum responsibilities of the censor

I. Must carry out a yearly census of all citizens of the res publica between August 1 and September 15
a. Must maintain a rank order list of citizens based on denarii balance
i. Main census list (all citizens with optimo iure status)
ii. Equestrian list (all citizens in the ordo equester with assidui and optimo iure status)
b. Must maintain unranked list of all citizens with capitis absens status (capitis absens list)

II. Must allocate citizens into tribes and centuries according to protocol outlined in standing operating procedures (lex) III. Manages the reporting of tax payment status (assidui and proletarii status)

IV. May investigate and monitor all denarii balances and transactions of denarii of both private citizens and magisterial offices (elected and non-elected)

V. Assign citizens to the orders according to protocol outlined by standing operating procedure (lex)

VI. Must keep eligibility list for appointment of senators up to date

VII. May extend invitations to join the senate
a. A citizen being invited must meet eligibility criteria outlined in standing operating procedures (lex)

VIII. May expel citizens from the senate and remove magisterial status within the senate by protocols outlined in standing operating procedure (lex)

IX. Must keep records on current and past citizens. These records are to include:
a. Which citizens have paid tax (assidui status)
b. Which citizens are not in good standing (optimo iure)
c. Which citizens have a current censorial nota
d. Which citizens belong to the ordo plebeian, equester or patrician
e. Which province a citizen is assigned to
f. Legal name and contact information of a citizen

X. May grant citizenship to applicants, or reactivate previous citizenship in accordance to the bylaws

XI. Must assists all elected magistrates in maintaining the public records the res publica are up to date

XII. Must perform the ritual purification of the state (Lustrum) every 5 years or as directed by the collegium pontificum
a. The first Lustrum is to occur during 2016

XIV. Issue and rescind censorial nota issued in accordance to legislation and the Mos Maiorum

XV. Approve amendments to the Mos Maiorum a. Amendments must also be approved by the senate and comitia tributa

XVI. A censor may veto the actions of their colleague

XVII. May wear the toga praetexta for life at official ceremonial events

XVIII. While in office is entitled to a curule chair at official ceremonial events

IV. The responsibilities of the praetor are outlined in detail in Lex Curiatorum: On the Praetor http://romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=68

In summary -
Powers and minimum responsibilities of the Praetor Urbanus:

I. Primary responsibility for civil judicial cases where at least one party is a senator or an elected magistrate

II. Primary responsibility for cases referred by the Curule Aedile for appeal

III. Moderates the main forum and additional sub forums as designated by the senate

IV. Responsible for organizing the Ludi Apollinares

V. Primary responsibility for all criminal judicial cases dealing with: extortion by state magistrates and staff, embezzlement or misuse of state funds or offices, electoral corruption, or any other issues that arise

Powers and minimum responsibilities of the Praetor Peregrinus:

I. Primary responsibility for civil judicial cases between a citizen and non-full citizen, or any case where at least one party is an appointed magistrate or a provincial official and does not hold any elected office

II. Primary responsibility for cases referred by the Plebeian Aedile for appeal

III. Moderates the main forums and additional sub forums designated by the senate

IV. Primary responsibility for criminal cases dealing with: forgery or false information, destruction of state property, and purposeful harm to the cultus deorum romanum

V. To assist in organizing the Ludi Apollinares

Responsibilities equally shared between Praetors

I. The duties of the two praetors are exchangeable if:
a. both praetors agree to exchange duties
b. one praetor is unreachable after one week of attempted contact
c. the senate deems immediate action from a praetor is required and the designated praetor is not immediately available
d. Responsible for overseeing the activities of the Aranearius (webmaster)

II. A praetor may veto the actions of their colleague and any junior ranked elected magistrate in accordance with the bylaws

III. A praetor may veto the actions of any appointed magistrate in accordance with the bylaws

IV. Praetors are jointly responsible for ensuring all laws, edicts and legally binding announcements are up to date on the main website

V. A praetor can summon the senate, introduce items to the senate and set senate agenda as outlined in the bylaws

VI. Can summon the following assemblies and propose items before these assemblies:
i. Comitia Tributa
ii. Comitia Centuriata

VII. Holds imperium
a. Only those with imperium may propose sentences which remove citizenship
i. Removal of citizenship requires a resolution of the Comitia Curiata as outlined in the bylaws
b. Is allowed a ceremonial honor guard of up to 6 lictores

VIII. May wear the toga praetexta for life at official ceremonial events

IX. While in office is entitled to a curule chair at official ceremonial events

V. Campaign Rules

a. All declarations of candidacy must occur before voting begins
b. All declarations of candidacy must be made by replying to this message
c. Campaign questions must be asked and answered by replying to this message
d. It is encouraged that you only run for ONE office, consul or praetor
e. All campaigning must promptly stop on March 26. Any additional comments regarding the election will be deleted on and after this date.
f. Mass mailing campaign material through internal contact on the album civium or through private messaging here on the forum is forbidden.
g. A link to all declarations of candidacy will be provided on the formal ballot. All candidates should outline their platform in their initial statement of intent.

I now invite any candidates to display their toga candida and step forward and declare their intentions to the Comitia Centuriata!

Valete!

L. Hostilia
Lucia Hostilia Scaura
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Re: Comitia Centuriata - Session I (OPEN)

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 pm

I, Titus Flavius Severus, send my greetings to the People of the Res Publica Romana, assembled for the first time in the Comitia Centuriata.

Hereby I declare my desire to run for the office of Consul. I wish to express my respect to the People of the Roman Republic and to present my candidacy.

I meet all necessary requirements for a candidate for the position of Consul, as required by the Bylaws of the Roman Republic Cultural Society, Lex curiatorium on the Consul and Censor and Edictum curiatorium on the election of the first Consul and Censor.

More details also can be found on the following link:

http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... Severus/26

The Roman Republic is at the beginning of its historical path. The Republic is not an impersonal self-governed institute, the Republic is we and each of us. Therefore, we will walk together hand in hand in the path of formation and development of the Republic. However, starting this way, we have to make choices, to identify those of us who gets ahead. These four persons will lead the movement of our society at this stage, which has great historical significance for all of us. Therefore, each of us must take special care with the upcoming elections. The choice that we have to do is not a political choice (you can see very well that we have no political struggle), it is a choice of our future, it depends on whether our society will continue to develop at a successful rate, and whether our society is to bring to life the ideas and principles that were mortgaged by the Founders at the creation of the Roman Republic. That is why we must not give preference to the politicians, we must choose the experts, that is, people with real and, most importantly, successful experience. When you choose, ask yourself, why do you give your preference for a candidate for one of the top magistrate offices, if in fact this person has no real management experience, knowledge and authority to lead a community and all real community created and leaded by this candidate is limited to himself. Will such a candidate be able in the future to successfully lead and develop a large international community - the Roman Republic, if this candidate, even on own his local level was not successful? Obviously, not. Therefore, we come to the conclusion that, on these high positions should be elected the experts, which have the same potential as the Founders, because these people have demonstrated their qualities and abilities, creating the Roman Republic.

The foundation of the Roman Republic has been laid, however, there is still a lot of hard and responsible work in different directions. First of all, it is a legislative provision of the fundamental institutions of the Roman society, which must be recreated in our Republic, such as the Senate, the College of Pontiffs, the magistracy of plebeian tribunes, etc. This activity requires knowledge not only in law but also in the field of history, religion, as well as practical experience in the subjects. I have the necessary knowledge and experience for successful work in this direction. I have a master's degree in law, as well as more than ten years of legal experience. I studied Roman law and have written several scientific articles on the subject of state institutions, legal proceedings and the administration of justice in ancient Rome. I taught a course on the history of political and legal studies at the university. In addition, I have a deep knowledge of Roman history, as you can see, some of my works I publish for the Roman Republic. I am also well versed in the history of the Roman religion, my works on this subject can be found in the Library.

Events in recent years have also shown that the successful development of the community, like the Roman Republic, requires skillful and responsible leadership. I have a real management experience, I am the head of the historical reenactment community. Under my leadership, the small local group of history enthusiasts turned into a large inter-regional reenactment community. In addition, I have many years of experience in another community, like the Roman Republic. I held public positions in such organization. Therefore, in this area I have a lot of experience and I clearly understand that it is necessary to ensure that we would not repeat such mistakes and divide the sad fate of that another organization.

The Roman Republic should not be transformed into a virtual club of interests, we have committed to the development of activities in the real world. In daily life I try to adhere to the mos maiorum, because I believe that it is not abstract ideas, but practical principles. I really believe that the Declaration can be put into practice in its entirety, but also believe that it is necessary to begin the revival of Rome and Roman culture with myself. Before something to offer, I prefer to try it in practice on myself. Moreover, I directly engaged in several projects, which carries my reenactment community. So I'm a pretty experienced in implementation of the projects and the activities in the real world. Like the Romans, I am pretty practical person, I do not fly in the clouds and see the world through rose-colored glasses. I`m used to setting specific goals and consistently strive to achieve them.

The Roman Republic is the only community that has implemented the idea of virtual currency, which is the denarii. This project also needs to be developed, and I have a number of practical solutions for the further development of this project, its strengthening and promotion. We all live in the real world and need to understand that the activity of any serious community must be ensured financially. I see the way to achieve this goal.

The Roman Republic is not a role-playing game, and we must understand that the successful development of our community can not become a reality without a serious approach to the study of history. We do not just have to bring people together, the Roman Republic has to bring the light of science and knowledge, conduct their own research and scientific work. I myself am engaged in scientific work, so I know that it is necessary to enhance our own research work within the Roman Republic. In addition, I possess sufficient knowledge in order to provide a sufficiently high level of historical accuracy in the structure and activities of the Roman Republic.

The Founders saw the Roman Republic as the platform, which would unite the Roman community, scattered all over the world. The success of this idea depends primarily on the leadership of the Roman Republic, i.e., from those who would negotiate and dialogue on behalf of our community. I can successfully do the work in this direction, because I have no prejudices, I do not belong to one party or another, I do not divide people into friends and enemies. I am enterprising, friendly and sociable. I am ready to dialogue with all, and the main criterion for me is the Declaration of the Roman Republic and the principles laid down in it. Also, I realized in practice this vision of the founders, because much of my reenactment community appealed to the Roman Republic.

I was with the Republic from the first day of its existence, all these days you could see my work and the attention with which I treated to everything going on. For me, the Roman Republic is not an empty phrase, I'm serious about this. For each of us a specific criterion may be this: the participation of every citizen in the historic session of the Comitia Curiata. All of you can see a section where there is a discussion of the first session of the Comitia Curiata. Looking at the history of messages, you will quickly realize who was wondering of our community’s future and who worked hard to make the Roman Republic founded on the best foundation. Among other things, I have a quality that is lacking in many modern builders of an exclusively virtual «Rome». I am a responsible person. I am ready to take responsibility for the decisions taken by me, and most importantly, I am ready to take responsibility for my inaction, if any. I put a part of myself in the Republic, that is why I am serious about its development. Therefore, the Republic is real for me. That is why I responsibly approach to the development of our Roman Republic.

Our Roman Republic needs experienced professionals and experts for leadership during this specific period of its development. As you can see, I fully meet these requirements. However, the choice is yours, do it responsibly and consciously.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:01 pm

C. Victor omnibus sal.

Praised be the Republic and its people! I'm deeply honored to be part of this pivotal moment in our history. My name is C. Atius Victor and I wish to put up my candidacy for Praetor and to support Severus' candidacy for Consul. I am the author of the Annales Atiae, an unofficial chronicle of our Republic that shall be first made public in the Kalends of May. I am a young cultor, a lover of history (as I'm sure most of you are), and an admirer of language and it's power to inspire the minds and souls of those who listen.

I have been for a long time in search of a community, in search for the feeling of belonging, and I think that here I have finally found it. And for that reason, I want to do all in my power to contribute in making this place great, in making this place open, responsive and as friendly as possible to all who feel the flame of Roma Mater pulse in their hearts! For that reason I offer my service as Praetor, if any would trust me with such duties.

I am a young man, but I have proven to be active and to have passion for the cause and the community. I have been partially responsible for many of the changes of official documents of the Republic through means of public debate and have worked hard to contribute as I could to our Common Wealth. I have experience in organizing real life meetings from the time I was an Asatruar and have helped build a local community here that is still active after I left (for personal religious reasons). I believe I can contribute here, because here I see a place blessed by Concordia and eching for growth. If you accept me, I shall do all in my power to be just and useful. I have studied the laws of the Republic. I know full well my responsibilities and am ready to take them.

In closing, I would like to reiterate my firm support of the candidacy of T. Flavius Severus for the honored post of Consul. He has also shown commitment to the Republic and his hand has been in the formation of our laws since the beginning. May he be blessed with victory! His experience and dedication would bring glory to our Republic and be a right step forward in this most delicate times, in my opinion.

Thank you for your attention!

Ave Roma! Avete S.P.Q.R.!

My Profile:
http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... 0Victor/34
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:45 pm

L. CVRTIVS PHILO OMNIBVS IN FORO S. P. D.

I come here draped in my virtual toga candida and courteously request your support. After much consideration I have decided to offer my name for the office of Praetor.

I have been involved with the Roman Republic when it was nothing more than a web board and an idea. Over the past year, I have seen a vague idea blossom, first into a coordinated effort and then into a restored respublica. I will always hold this experience close to my heart. Looking ahead I wish to continue to serve and help our respublica. As an organization we are now standing. I thank Triari, Brute and Hostilia for their work towards this task. Now we need to learn to run. We need to clarify and create additional operating procedures to make our respublica safe and fair. This respublica must be one always firmly set towards justice. We need to develop practical and restored traditions. Can I accomplish all of this in a short nine month term? No, of course not. But I will guarantee that the hardest and most important tasks are concluded by the end of my term. When MMDCCLXX comes, we will have an even stronger and more united respublica.

The office of Praetor is one committed to the fair application of Roman law. I am knowledgeable in ancient Roman legal custom and have an academic background in this area. I have taught in the classics for many years. I also have experience sitting on the boards of various non-profit organizations. The skills I hold will allow me to perform the tasks of this office with the care required. I have already moderated this forum for the last year, and as Praetor, I will continue to assure that this place is a fair, productive, and enjoyable venue for all.

I pledge to support any candidate elected to the office of Consul or Praetor. The voice of the Comitia Centuriata is one that I deeply respect, and I would be blessed to have your support.

Respectfully,

Valete Bene,

Lucius Curtius Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Septimius Severus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 am

Salvete, cives rei publicae!

I, Gnaeus Septimius Severus, an individual of recent citizenship, herewith announce my candidature for the post of Praetor.

Though I am not yet of veteran standing in the Republic, nevertheless I bring with me a knowledge of the Via Romana that any candidate for office should possess. I have studied Roman history assiduously at the university level, and extensively in private. In this pursuit I have come to grasp firmly all aspects of the Res Publica, those being the legislative, administrative, religious and military facets. I also have increasing competency in Latin.

But, of course, in order for one to apply to office, knowledge per se is nothing if it not conjoined with proper practical experience. In this, I assure you that I have the plebian's capability for hard physical work, having performed beyond satisfaction in every job that I held post academia, as well as the capacity for organization and issuance of instructions.

I am also a published author of poetry and prose, and this experience I feel arms with the appreciation of letters which made the Roman Republic the envy of other nations and subsequent ages. For what is a society without a thriving culture wherein the imagination of the citizenry adorns both blank page and nondescript edifices? If we are indeed to lay claim to the legacy of those unto whom the Gods gave dominion, we must then raise an agenda of arts and law that will give us a sure presence both virtual and tangible. I have also worked, albeit briefly, in the field of freelance online journalism, and that experience has given me a sense of presentation, as well as an appreciation for coordinated effort.

Citizens, we are on the cusp of something wondrous; something that the centuries since the original Republic have been marching towards as legions: the ultimate resurrection of the spirit that shaped that said Republic, for the sake of its restoration and consequent expansion to wherever there is longing for the austerity and beauty that was Rome. In our hearts we carry the Res Publica Romana, both here and in the temporal realm, and by our example we shall ignite that same flame within others till the desire to take up standards is irrepressible, and the phrase "Senatus Populusque Romanus" again comes with dominion given us by the Cultus Deorum.

With this vision, citizens, I thus propose myself for the Praetorship, for my induction into our Republic has been an affirmation of the zeal for Rome that developed by my immersion in the classics. And by the application of what I've learned, it is my express wish to see the best of both Classic and Modern conjoined for the sake of all us who would be Romani.

Valete, o cives.

Gnaeus Septimius Severus

http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... everus/125
Gnaeus Septimius Severus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:50 am

P. Iunius Brustus L. Hostiliae Scaurae omnibusque sal.

Fellow Romans, and friends, I hereby present myself as a candidate for Consul.

Album Civium Profile: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... 0Brutus/12

Our new Res Publica is very dear to my heart. Fifteen months ago I embarked on the journey which would lead me to found the Roman Republic. Over this time, I have become closer with some old friends and have met many more new friends. For me this highlights the potential held within this cultural nation. We are a family of Romans. This common bond unites us across geographic and language divides. Together we all share a common love for Romanitas. We express this in various ways. This is a beautiful thing. When founding the Roman Republic my primary desire was to provide a meeting spot where this diversity can be celebrated, explored, and expanded. To provide our community some structure to organize around and collaborate. To create a common Roman home for all who desire to live as Romans by the principles of the Declaration. This vision has borne fruit, in less than a half a month we have over one hundred citizens. I am proud of this accomplishment, but I also recognize that our work now begins.

Currently, I have been the primary financer of the Roman Republic. In this capacity, I have collaborated with both volunteers and hired outside experts to establish the online platform we use today. I believe in collaboration and building bridges. The future success of our Res Publica hinges on being inclusive, open, and respectful towards all Romans who arrive at our doorstep. We must be a Res Publica worthy of the ancestral history we claim to share.

I have already committed hundreds of hours to the Roman Republic. I oversaw the construction of the romanrepublic.org website. I coordinated the incorporation process, and drafted many of the first versions of the legislation governing our Res Publica at the moment. This work has heightened my awareness of the task before us. The first consuls elected by this assembly will play a fundamental role in determining the direction our Res Publica. This is no small responsibility. The efforts of those who have given their precious time and resources to our Res Publica, in order to allow this very gathering to take place, demands the careful attention of our future magistrates. This is especially true of the Consuls. I have poured my passion and love of Rome into the Roman Republic. Therefore, I am committed to nothing less than success. Together with others here, I believe we have set the Roman Republic on a trajectory towards success. The Consuls need only tend to this trajectory, maintain our momentum, and I believe great things will continue to emerge from this community. These are exciting times to be Roman!

I believe in concrete objectives. In presenting myself as candidate for Consul I pledge that by the end of my term the following seven objectives will be addressed:

Objectives

I. We will have a fully functioning Senate and a Roman administration that is self-sustaining, efficient, effective and respectful of tradition. Furthermore, I will ensure a smooth transition between this foundational administration and next year's magistrates.

II. We will have officially recognized created provinces and a strategy in place for developing our local communities. To assist in this objective I hope to personally meet with such local groups and to understand their perspectives, needs, and strengths.

To further facilitate provincial development I will form a collegium called the Limes Collaborative. This group would be dedicated towards coordinating inter-provincial development. This would be a collaborative think-tank of local communities. This collegium would facilitate the exchange of resources and help develop provinces into thriving local communities.

III. We will establish the start of a cooperative, educational, friendly and mutually beneficial relationship with our Sacerdotes, and any future elements of the Collegium Pontificum and Collegium Augurum.

IV. All bugs in our website system will be solved. Being the current Aranearius (webmaster) of the Roman Republic, will help facilitate this process.

V. With my magisterial colleagues, I will work to develop a strong set of operating procedures (lex), which will enable effective administration of the Res Publica which facilitates cultural growth and community development. Currently, the work conducted by my colleagues and myself within the Comitia Curiata has provided the skeleton of a future administrative system. We now need to develop this structure and optimize what already exists.

VI. Two years ago I founded the Academia Minervalis (http://www.academiaminervalis.org), an open source school dedicated to Romanitas. As Consul I will work to develop this project further within the Roman Republic.

VII. The international community of Romans is large. As Consul I am committed to working with other organizations and interested parties which share our beliefs in the Declaration. Together with such groups I hope we can further increase the growing talent pool and unique voices within our Res Publica. I will also work with other groups and individuals who are interested in assisting in the recruitment of interested parties.

Experience

I have been involved in Roman Restorationism for most of my life. I always felt Roman from my earliest years. In 2001, I became active in groups dedicated towards living the Roman Way. I have been studying everything Roman ever since. In 2014, I founded the Academia Minervalis (http://www.academiaminervalis.org). This project eventually evolved into the foundation of the Roman Republic.

I have experience in administrating non-profit organizations. I have served on executive committees of three such organizations within the last fifteen years, most recently in 2013. I am an academic. I hold a bachelors degree with a minor in history, as well as a doctorate and I am completing a masters of education at the moment (hopefully completed in September). I have experience teaching both at the graduate level and post-graduate level. I have published multiple academic papers in journals, and also authored a chapter of a textbook. I also have experience in leading research groups. My academic work is not directly related to Rome; however, I have managed to merge my academic interests with my love of Roman history. In this capacity I have been a consultant on published Roman academic projects in Italy (Rome, Naples), Greece (Heraklion), and Turkey (Istanbul). In all these places I have had the honor of participating in field work. It has been an amazing privilege to be so close and intimate with Roman history. I believe many of the skills acquired through these experiences are relevant to our Roman Republic.

Fellow citizens, I know this job is a huge responsibility. Nevertheless, I am fully committed to the task at hand. My effort towards our Roman Republic will continue with the same dedication that I have demonstrated since it was a mere idea shared amongst friends fifteen months ago. With your support in my candidacy towards Consul, I will ensure that this Res Publica continues to grow, to be a positive place, and to expand our Roman community and nation.

Gratias tibi ago.

Curate, ut valeatis!

Publius Iunius Brutus
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby numerius iulius dolabella » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:16 am

Salve
I Numerious Iulius Dolabella
humbly enter my cnidacy for PRAETOR, of this fine republic. As founder of the Houston classical Pagan association I live , eat , and Sleep The Religio Romana , Why does this matter? I beleive if one is to learn from history the decline of our beloved Empire came about from lack of virtues. I live those virtues on a daily basis and would bring a level of integrity well suited for this office , and the execution of its duties that would be difficult to find else where. I am a former paralegal student and have worked with many cultural and spiritual based non-profits. I am also the designated head of the Jupiter Familia within Numinsm which was bestowed upon my by the Numinisms founder. Currently I am the Harris County Chair of the Modern Whig Party {Texas} In conclusion I may not have a long illustrius list of past organizations and and postions of great esteem , but I am a ONE of the founding fathers who signed the declaration and I put my faith in the Citizens as I did that numinous declaration !.

-Hail the Republic
numerius iulius dolabella
Governor of Texia Pronvincia
Iovis et Martis et Minervae Sacerdos

Postby numerius iulius dolabella » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:22 am

Furthermore , I Numerious Iuluis Dolabella I support and Implore my fellow romans to do the same in backing Publius Iunius Brutus for the post of Consul .
numerius iulius dolabella

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 am

numerius iulius dolabella wrote:Furthermore , I Numerious Iuluis Dolabella I support and Implore my fellow romans to do the same in backing Publius Iunius Brutus for the post of Consul .

I agree in this. For me, both current candidates for Consules are the worthiest I know in the RR for the job. I believe both Severus and Brutus deserve the post and I support both!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 am

Philo Hostiliae Omnibusque S.P.D.

Hostilia, may I ask who will be rogator for this election? We have not elected anyone to this office. The law says that a quaestor should fill this office if no acting rogator is available. Obviously, we do not have such a quaestor available. The law says that in this situation the censores can appoint any citizen who consents and meets the requirements. But we do not have any censores.

I know Brutus has been acting as Censor until we have one elected. Will he appoint someone to act as rogator until we elect someone?

Valete

L. Curtius Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Next

Return to Main Forum