Comitia Centuriata to be Assembled (March 18-April 4)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Comitia Centuriata to be Assembled (March 18-April 4)

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:08 pm

This announcement is made on behalf of L. Hostilia Scaura

In accordance with LEX CURIATORUM: On the procedure for calling, attending and closing assemblies of the Roman People, the Comitia Centuriata is called to assemble on March 18, 2016.

i. The assembly is to start March 18, 2016 at 0800 CET
ii. Voting will start March 26, 2016 at 1200 CET
iii. The assembly will close April 4 at 2359 CET, voting will close at this time.

Because of an absence of Consuls and Praetors the meeting will be presided over by Lucia Hostilia Scaura in accordance with EDICTUM CURIATORUM: On the First Meeting of the Comitia Centuriata.

The Comitia Centuriata is called to elect the following magistrates:

i. Consul
ii. Praetor
iii. Censor

The persons elected to the consulship will also be elected to the office of censor. This is outlined in, EDICTUM CURIATORUM: On the election of the first Consul and Censor.

No campaigning or intentions to declare candidacy are to be announced at this time.

A request for auspices has been made. The results will be posted here as soon as they are available.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: Comitia Centuriata to be Assembled (March 18-April 4)

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:04 am

Publius Iunius Brutus wrote:No campaigning or intentions to declare candidacy are to be announced at this time.

This should be put in a larger letter, bold and probably capitalized Brute, or else most people will miss it.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 am

Salve,

numerius iulius dolabella wrote:Salve, I am Numerius Iulius Dolabella, I would like to put my name in the hat for the post of Urbanus Praetor, as well as my vote if that's possible?

Dolabella, in accordance with the Edictum curiatorum: On the First Meeting of the Comitia Centuriata, follows that:

Campaigning
I. No citizen is to publically announce their candidacy for any office prior to the meeting
officially opening on March 18, 2016
a. Any posts deemed to be campaign messages or endorsements prior to March 18, 2016
will be deleted
II. Campaigning is to occur during the Comitia Curiata meeting before voting. Therefore,
campaigning is only allowed between March 18 and March 25, 2016.
a. Any posts deemed to be campaign messages or endorsements outside this window of
time will be deleted
III. Further regulations regarding campaigning may be announced by the citizen presiding over
the meeting of the Comitia Centuriata

So, I think this quote from the edictum should give you a comprehensive answer to your question!
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby numerius iulius dolabella » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:19 am

I realize that , I was at work and I only read part of the forum post , I apologize.
numerius iulius dolabella
Governor of Texia Pronvincia
Governor of Texia Pronvincia
Iovis et Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Iovis et Martis et Minervae Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:27 am

It happens, not your fault. I think it would be good if Brutus made it more evident because the notice is kind of hidden in the middle of the text. That would maybe prevent further mistakes ^^
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:28 am

Yes, Victor, good idea. I expect Brutus will add a Campaign Announcements folder here shortly, once we reach the actual campaign opening date. In the mean time, everyone who is interested in running for office should prepare a campaign speech to post.

I, myself, will probably not be standing for office, but I am thinking about passing out virtual ball caps with "Make Rome Great Again" on them, LOL!
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Lucia Hostilia Scaura » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:16 am

Ave!

As the chair of the upcoming Comitia Centuriata meeting, I am pleased to announce that the auspices were positive. A special thank you to citizen Gaius Tullius Valerianus for conducting the augury.

Aves admittunt! I am please to report that around 4:30 P.M. local time I received positive auspices for the Comitia Centuriata meeting for the dates specified, with "oscines ex parte familiari" (birdsong of a recognized bird of omen coming from the favorable part of the templum). The result is a Nuntiatio (permission to proceed).

The Comitia Centuriata will meet as planned on March 18, 2016.

A friendly reminder to all citizens. Please do not declare candidacy or start campaigning until the Comitia Centuriata meeting begins. Before this time, all campaign messages will be deleted.

Valete!

L. Hostilia
Lucia Hostilia Scaura
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Lucius Vitellius Triarius wrote:Yes, Victor, good idea. I expect Brutus will add a Campaign Announcements folder here shortly, once we reach the actual campaign opening date. In the mean time, everyone who is interested in running for office should prepare a campaign speech to post.

I, myself, will probably not be standing for office, but I am thinking about passing out virtual ball caps with "Make Rome Great Again" on them, LOL!

Lol That would be perfect Triari! And just one question that a lot of people might want to know also: Is there a limit to how many offices a person may candidate himself? As in, can someone simply put up candidacy to any of the offices offered and go with the one he won (if he won any election)?
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:19 pm

I have not heard the question of multiple candidacies discussed or addressed. I don't know that there are any prohibitions on multiple candidacies, but I would think that ones Curriculum Vitae would weigh heavy in both the voter's choice and candidate's petition as to what point to enter into the traditional cursus honorum or whether to just jump in and take their chances. If it be a religious office, prior experience in the CD would certainly benefit a candidate, as would prior management experience for a public office. Personally, I think it would be better for one to look at their strengths and narrow their options in that decision, rather than to throw all the mud from the bucket on the wall and see what sticks.

Of course, it can always be like the US presidential election this year, where all the traditional concepts of election have been completely thrown out the back door, LOL!
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Lucius Vitellius Triarius wrote:I have not heard the question of multiple candidacies discussed or addressed. I don't know that there are any prohibitions on multiple candidacies, but I would think that ones Curriculum Vitae would weigh heavy in both the voter's choice and candidate's petition as to what point to enter into the traditional cursus honorum or whether to just jump in and take their chances. If it be a religious office, prior experience in the CD would certainly benefit a candidate, as would prior management experience for a public office. Personally, I think it would be better for one to look at their strengths and narrow their options in that decision, rather than to throw all the mud from the bucket on the wall and see what sticks.

Of course, it can always be like the US presidential election this year, where all the traditional concepts of election have been completely thrown out the back door, LOL!

If I am made president, I promise to expel the turks from Constantinople, make a wall and have THEM pay for it! *Donald Trump mode on*
Gaius Curtius Philo

Next

Return to Main Forum