Praetor Peregrinus report for 2018

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:05 pm

I was elected and acted as Praetor Peregrinus during 2018.

Listed below is what, in accordance with the Lex Curatorum: On the Praetor, was part of my duties and how I performed my duties:

I. Primary responsibility for civil judicial cases between a citizen and non-full citizen, or any case where at least one party is an appointed magistrate or a provincial official and does not hold any elected office:

There were no lawsuits during the period when I performed the duties of the Praetor Peregrinus.

II. Primary responsibility for cases referred by the Plebeian Aedile for appeal.

There were no similar cases during the period when I performed the duties of the Praetor Peregrinus.

III. Moderates the main forums and additional sub forums designated by the senate.

I followed relevant forums and subforums. However, the Senate by its decision did not appoint me responsible for any forums and subforums.

IV. Primary responsibility for criminal cases dealing with: forgery or false information, destruction of state property, and purposeful harm to the cultus deorum romanum.

There were no similar cases during the period when I performed the duties of the Praetor Peregrinus.

V. To assist in organizing the Ludi Apollinares.

Since Ludi Apollinares were not organized in 2019, I could not realize this obligation and to assest organizing the Ludi Apollinares.

As you can see, I exemplarily fulfilled the responsibilities assigned to me, in strict accordance with the law governing the activities of my magistracy. In this regard, I ask the Senate or other competent persons to consider my report and provide me with what is due, because, according to the Lex Curatorum: On the Praetor, I have fulfilled my duties in full, i.e. «met expectations».
Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Praetor Peregrinus report for 2018

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm

SALVE!

Alba my dear let's take a good honest look, shall we?

Responsible for organizing the Ludi Apollinares

YOU were to organize this. It is on you. Not done. Big zero. You fail.

The lex says.

The duties of the two praetors are exchangeable if: one praetor is unreachable after one week of attempted contact

And as for the other stuff, saying you just can't do it because you don't have permission or the stars didn't align is a cop-out. It was your job to figure it out, to oversee things. You were the vice-president. If it wasn't on you or the consuls, who in the name of Priapus' cock was to get it done?
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Return to Main Forum