CALLING THE COMITIA CENTURIATA - VII SESSION OF THE MODERN ERA TO ORDER

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:27 pm

AVETE!

All Quirites are hereby notified that the highest electoral assembly of Respublica is called to order!

MEETING START DATE: April 26
END OF DEBATE: May 3
START OF VOTING: May 3
END OF VOTING: May 10

The agenda will be to vote on the following question;

Do you agree with the following four citizens holding the office of Consular Tribune of the Roman Republic?

Ti. Terrentius Varro
P. Sextius Laevus
T. Aurelius Apollinaris
P. Iunius Brutus

- Further details on Consular Tribunes -

Consular Tribunes are an extraordinary office recently recognized due to recent administrative reforms taking place. These reforms are to make the Roman Republic better and result in regular elections this fall. These Consular Tribunes are to hold this new office for the remainder of the calendar year and shall have the powers and responsibilities of all regularly elected magistrates (Censores, Consules, Praetores, Aediles, and Quaestores). No further regularly elected magistrates are scheduled to be elected this year. Consular Tribunes have the ability to veto each other. All details pertaining this office are outlined in the following edict from the Comitia Curiata - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2409

- On the details of the meeting -

I will be chairing this meeting on an extraordinary basis as requested by the Comitia Curiata. Normally this would be the job of Consuls. Auspices will be taken by myself as extraordinary chair and with the assistance of an augur recognized by the Roman Republic.

The meeting will occur digitally in this location - viewforum.php?f=3

If you have any comments or concerns post them here.

VALETE!

Q. FURIUS CAMILLUS
Senator
Former Quaestor and Plebeian Tribune
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Re: CALLING THE COMITIA CENTURIATA - VII SESSION OF THE MODERN ERA TO ORDER

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 am

Brutus Augur Sal.

I have not witnessed Ex Caelo.

I have witnessed Ex Auibus.

Alites seen from the North West.

Oscines heard from the North.

I have not witnessed Ex Diris.

Divine messengers for you and for Rome, established by this ordinance reported by Augur P. Iunius Brutus to Q. Furius Camillius who took these auspices.

AVES ABDICUNT for starting a meeting of the Comitia Centuriata on this day of VI Kal. Mai. MMDCCLXXII a.u.c.. The signs are consistent with strong divine disfavour with the onset of such a meeting today.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:44 pm

SALVETE!

Romans, the Gods have been benevolent and revealed the best course of action. We must delay the assembly of the Comitia Centuriata. I sincerely thank Augur Brutus for his assistance.

We will now request new auspices for the following dates:

Start of meeting pending auspices will be April 30th with debate starting this day.

Voting to start May 6th.

Voting to end May 14th.

The meeting will continue to be held on this digital venue.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:52 am

I like it that the Roman Republic seems to handle auspices in a meaningful way. Other groups seem always to have favourable auspices. How is this possible? Seeing some variation in response reassures me that the Gods are listening.

I have no inkling of what techniques are being practiced but would like to learn more. At the spiritual level, it seems to provide this group with meaningful direction. Heartwarming to see.
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Brutus Augur Sal.

Taken from the auguraculum of Pacifica Provincia 1 hour after sunrise.

I have not witnessed Ex Caelo.

I have witnessed Ex Auibus.

Alites seen between bene iuante ave and iovi.

Oscines heard from remore ave.

I have not witnessed Ex Diris.

Divine messengers for you and for Rome, established by this ordinance reported by Augur P. Iunius Brutus to Q. Furius Camillius who took these auspices.

AVES ADMITTUNT for starting a meeting of the Comitia Centuriata on this day of Pr.Kal. Mai. MMDCCLXXII a.u.c..The signs are consistent with neutral to divine favour with the onset of such a meeting today.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:25 pm

SALVETE!

The Gods of the Romans smile upon us today. The auspices allow us to proceed! Thank you to Augur Brutus for again lending assistance.

I conducted a small ceremony to Jupiter, Juno and Minerva. I made a libation of a fine Tuscan red wine and ask this mighty triad to attend to this meeting of the Comitia Centuriata today. I noted no signs of discontent during the ceremony and followed Societas Numaea protocol as suggested by the sacerdotes of our respublica.

With the extraordinary power invested in me by the Comitia Curiata I hereby declare the seventh session of the modern era of the Comitia Centuriata open! I am your presiding citizen for the duration of this session.

Citizens our agenda is straight forward but important. Our respublica drifts without executive leadership. We have no regularly elected magistrates except the Censor L. Aurelius Curio who is on the second year of his two year term. His colleague L. Curtius Philo died while in office. Moreover, the respublica has invested in redesigning, relaunching and expanding all of its online platforms this summer. We need executive magistrates that are assured to work as a cohesive team and be present at all times for the remainder of the year. The solution approved by your senate is to nominate the following citizens extraordinary Tribunes with Consular Authority (id est Consular Tribunes) -

Ti. Terrentius Varro
P. Sextius Laevus
T. Aurelius Apollinaris
P. Iunius Brutus

These citizens and gentlemen are to work as colleagues holding veto power over each other and all the powers of regularly elected magistrates. As such, they shall hold imperium (the power to expel citizens from the respublica). They are to hold this office until the end of this 2019 year.

To ask for your guidance the following motion shall be put before the centuries of the respublica with the following ballot question -

Do you agree with having the following citizens hold the office of Consular Tribune until the end of December 31, 2019 and honorably terminating all pre-existing magisterial terms upon closure of the seventh session of the Comitia Centuriata -

Ti. Terrentius Varro
P. Sextius Laevus
T. Aurelius Apollinaris
P. Iunius Brutus

Select one of the following
    Agree
    Disagree
    Abstain

As the presiding citizen I now open this meeting to comments and questions. Please post any such queries or thoughts here. Discussion will end May 6. Voting will then begin until May 14.

VALETE!

Q. FURIUS CAMILLUS
Senator
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 am

VOTING HAS STARTED! VOTING ENDS MAY 14.

Vote here http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/welcom ... cc37bf4016

I kindly ask that any further discussion be limited to matters pertaining to casting a ballot.

If you have issues voting please send me an email with your Roman name, and legal first and last name from the email account you use to login. Tell me your vote by email. Please use email only as a last resort. Any emails missing the above information will not be counted. Send emails to qfuriusfrancis AT gmail DOT com.

For this election Caeso Cispius Laevus shall be acting as rogator to verify all results.

Q. FURIUS CAMILLUS
Extraordinary Presiding Citizen for Comitia Centuriata Session VII
Senator
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Return to Main Forum