Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:23 am

Lucius Aurelius Curio wrote:Salvete!

Hello all, my name is Lucius Aurelius Curio and I am new here. My interest is mostly in Religio Romana. I am just learning the rites and rituals for worship, but as you can probably guess from my name, Sol is my primary deity. I've done extensive research on him and the other deities for my research over the years as a writer. Anyways, nice to meet everyone!

Di vos incolumes custodiant!

L. Aurelius Curio

Salve!

Welcome! I too have a deep interest in the Cultus Deorum. If you have not already read these articles, I highly suggest the links below.

http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/gods.html
http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/ceremony.html

I urge you to share your research of Sol by creating an article in the library (http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/). If you have any questions, please send a message.

vale

Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Postby numerius iulius dolabella » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:12 am

Salve, everyone and welcome to our Republic
numerius iulius dolabella
Governor of Texia Pronvincia
Governor of Texia Pronvincia
Iovis et Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Iovis et Martis et Minervae Sacerdos

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:42 am

Salvete!

Gratias agimus tibi, for the warm welcome. I hope to be of a great contribution to the Res Publica. It is my hope we can grow and flourish into a great community that can make the Gods proud.

Di vos incolumes custodiant

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Appius Aemilius Maecenas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:19 am

Salvete!

Hello everyone, my name is Appius Aemilius Maecenas. I've been on the forums for a little while, observing before I decided to make myself known. My interest in the Romanitas is mostly reading, specially about military organisation, but also general history and cooking. I've yet to make proper dinners, but I can make some decent bread loaves! But I also write as well. I've also taken up Latin courses in order to teach myself Latin. Another one of my hobbies i rarely get to indulge in is After Action reports, where I write the backstory for characters in Total War: Rome II and try to dish out a truly epic story out of the events that occur. The stories take place in form of scrolls written by both major players, or stories recanted by family of heroic deeds. I recently applied to the Collegium Veterani and I'm quite excited to get to know all of you.

Valete!

Appius Aemilius Maecenas
"Quintili Vare, legiones redde!"
Appius Aemilius Maecenas

Postby Octavius Barbatius Barba » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Salvete fratres, milites and sorores

My name is Octavius Barbatius Barba, I´m new member from Hispania.

It´s an Honour to be among you.

Valete
Avdentes Fortvna Ivvat
Octavius Barbatius Barba

Postby Lucius Marius Vestinus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:23 pm

L. Marius Vestinus omnibus S.P.D.

Like many Romans, I have been recently disenfranchised by the actions of the two individuals calling themselves, in a grandiose fashion, but appropriately, for they embody the worst aspects of their namesakes, "Sulla" and "Caesar" in Nova Roma. In light of their actions, I began searching for an active organization that seeks to bring back the best of Romanitas. I am glad that I seem to have found it. While I do not give up hope that Sex. Lucilius Tutor will prevail in returning some sanity to Nova Roma, I am happy to participate in this community, and, should things continue in their downward spiral in NR, this will become the sole Rome to which I communicate.

Thank you for making me feel welcome in my short time here.

-L. Marius Vestinus
Di vos incolumes custodiant!
-L. Marius Vestinus
Lucius Marius Vestinus

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:49 am

Salve!

Welcome to the true Respublica! I think you will find many people here who are interested in developing Romanitas and living as a Roman in the best sense of the word. To get things started I invite you to join our ludi faction, the Whites! You can join here.
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

Salve Vestine,

Welcome home to your Res Publica!

Vale,

P. Iunius Brutus

Lucius Marius Vestinus wrote:L. Marius Vestinus omnibus S.P.D.

Like many Romans, I have been recently disenfranchised by the actions of the two individuals calling themselves, in a grandiose fashion, but appropriately, for they embody the worst aspects of their namesakes, "Sulla" and "Caesar" in Nova Roma. In light of their actions, I began searching for an active organization that seeks to bring back the best of Romanitas. I am glad that I seem to have found it. While I do not give up hope that Sex. Lucilius Tutor will prevail in returning some sanity to Nova Roma, I am happy to participate in this community, and, should things continue in their downward spiral in NR, this will become the sole Rome to which I communicate.

Thank you for making me feel welcome in my short time here.

-L. Marius Vestinus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Salvete To Our New Citizens:

I am pleased to welcome you all to the Roman Republic (RR), and I urge all of you to tell us a bit about yourselves, so that we can meet you, and find out what your interests may be. My interests are in the area of the Roman Military and architechture. My selected sporting group is the Russta or the "Reds!" This is a rapidly growing activity and I urge all of you to consider joining the "Russata" if you have no other immediate plans. This is a good place to ask your questions, and to get to know others, who enjoy the RR as well as "The Red Flag!".

So, I extend my friendship to you, the new-joining people. This is a good place to learn a bit more about ancient Rome, her activities, beliefs, accomplishments, and failures, Again welcome to RR!!

Respectfully Submitted;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Master Lucius Marius Vestinus;

I certainly hear you. I went through the same thing with the same group until finally I determined to look for another area of consideration. I think that I have found such here with a very kind invitation to join RR, and the consideration given to my ideas since I have joined. So, welcome to the RR, if you have no other ideas about having fun, then I invite you, most cordually, to join the "Russata - The Red Flag." It is a racing organization and other fun things as well! Anyway, welcome to RR, and I would ask that you tell us a bit about yourself, so that we can get to know you better and perhaps direct you to areas of RR that reflect your specific interests.

Respectfully ;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum