Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 am

Publius Iunius Brutus wrote:
Quintus Arrius Scapula wrote:Salvete amici!

Mihi nomen est Quintus Arrius Scapula,

It is a great privilege for me to be approved and welcomed in such a seemingly amazing community!

Since I was the age of seven, I always had a fascination for the Roman civilization and antiquity as a whole. During my several trips to my native province of Germania Inferior, as well as Roma herself, I tried my best to gather more information about the Roman life.

So, when a friend of mine told be about this community, it only felt natural that I would join it so that I can share the same passion and interest with you all. I do not claim to know too much, but I am certainly willing to learn and I believe that this is the best place to do so!

Also, if there is anything I can help any of you with, please, do not refrain from letting me know.

Valete!

Brutus sal.

Welcome home Scapula!

Yes, welcome! As for not "knowing too much," as me olde friend, Marcus Audens, would say: "I am but a student..and shall always remains so,,," Learning is a life long process. I'm just happy when I get to learn what I want to. I remember joining another org years ago and one of the first things I came across was an essay on Roman farming implements. While I really had no interest in agriculture, I found the article fascinating and took an interest in Roman agriculture...which can go on forever. Ya never know.

Vale,
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 am

Thank you for approving my citizenship application! I have been following the Religio Romana for almost two decades. I have been watching the Roman Republic with considerable interest. I am satisfied this group is on the right track. Inclusivity, a substantial website, an independent Pontificum, clearly defined objectives, profound respect for the Religio and a friendly welcoming ambience. Seeing this unfold is like noticing a ray of sunshine after a vicious storm. Considering the rapid success of this group, I must conclude that the Gods smile upon this place.

This morning the Gods provided further evidence of their favour. Today I meditated on the Roman Republic after providing an offering of incense to Juno and Vesta. Soon afterwards I noticed something remarkable. Within a large tree in my front yard a barn owl had come to roost in the uppermost branches. In the early 1990's an owl was commonly seen in this tree. But I have not seen such an owl in this location since this period. I am not an augur, but I believe that this is a meaningful sign. I think the Roman Republic has the strong support of the Gods. This place and its objectives have come under their supervision and protection.

I want to offer my full support and services to our Respublica and the Religio Romana. I am ready to do my part for the Respublica and may those running in the election be blessed with goodwill and wisdom. The Gods are watching and guiding our Respublica towards a secure future!
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Procula Valeria Messalla wrote:I want to offer my full support and services to our Respublica and the Religio Romana. I am ready to do my part for the Respublica and may those running in the election be blessed with goodwill and wisdom. The Gods are watching and guiding our Respublica towards a secure future!

Thank you for those kind words and welcome home! Vis unita fortior (=
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Thank you for your words Valeria Messalla! I feel the same. The community we are building seems to be of well mannered and peaceful individuals. We want to build something that adds to people's lives, not take it away. I wish you welcome here and may the gods bless us in our endiever. The cultores will find a home here, I hope ^^

Vale!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:38 am

Procula Valeria Messalla wrote:
I want to offer my full support and services to our Respublica and the Religio Romana. I am ready to do my part for the Respublica and may those running in the election be blessed with goodwill and wisdom. The Gods are watching and guiding our Respublica towards a secure future!

Salve Messalla!

Welcome! Thank you for your report and confidence. It is good to know that the work here is being recognized and appreciated! It surely motivates your fellow citizens!

If you wish to offer your services, you may want to visit the Comitia Centuriata meeting. Scaura has made a request for volunteers. We need a citizen to help count the ballots during the election. If you are interested and able, this would be an excellent way to assist the Res Publica!

Vale,

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Salvete Quirites!

This message is somewhat delayed, but I would like to welcome our newest citizens approved since the Kalends!

Please join me in greeting:

Titus Cassius Priscus
Manius Pollius Libo
Lucia Galeria Mira
Lucius Marius Vestinus
Paulla Antonia Bucco
Gaia Valeria Iulla

If you have not already, please take a moment to introduce yourselves!

Valete!

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:18 am

Salvete omnes! I hope you all feel right at home here ^^
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:18 am

Yes, Welcome! Let us know if you need anything.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Salvete!

A happy welcome to the new citizens approved today!

Greetings to:

Decimus Claudius Aquilinus
Octavius Barbatius Barba
Spuria Cestia Draco
Tullus Equitius Gracchus

We have some collegia forming to look after particular interests within our community. What are your interests? If we don't have a collegia addressing your interest let me know, and I can help you in establishing a collegia!

Valete,

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:53 am

Salvete!

Hello all, my name is Lucius Aurelius Curio and I am new here. My interest is mostly in Religio Romana. I am just learning the rites and rituals for worship, but as you can probably guess from my name, Sol is my primary deity. I've done extensive research on him and the other deities for my research over the years as a writer. Anyways, nice to meet everyone!

Di vos incolumes custodiant!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

PreviousNext