Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

Tiberius Сlaudius Festus wrote:My name is Tiberius claudius festus. I'm a reenactor In the legio IX Hispania reenactment group out of San Diego California. We do 1st and 2nd century AD.

Nice to see in the midst of our Republic another re-enactor. Greetings to you from the Leg. XI Cl. P. F.! (=
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Iulius Albinus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Salve! I'll introduce myself as Publius Iulius Albinus, hailing from Louisville on the banks of the Ohio River. This would be the first Roman Reconstructionism-oriented organisation I've joined, though for a while now I considered joining Nova Roma but waffled due to the rumours I'd heard of great upheaval in that community. I was brought to the attention of this place through a thread at eCauldron forums, a major forum for the modern Pagan and polytheist revival community, and well...here I am.

A side note: I had wanted to make my cognomen Alexander, as that is my birth name, but it was not available when I registered for citizenship here. Could this, if it's not too much to ask, be altered? :oops:
These being the words of Publius Iulius Albinus Alexander.
Publius Iulius Albinus

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Publius Iulius Albinus, welcome!

I had wanted to make my cognomen Alexander, as that is my birth name, but it was not available when I registered for citizenship here. Could this, if it's not too much to ask, be altered?

You need to connect with Publius Iunius Brutus (send him a private message by the forum), he is responsible for these issues, until the position of an elected censor is not occupied.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Salve Iuli!

I sent you a PM.

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Marcus Helvidius Seneca » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Salvete amicis,
S.V.B.E.E.V.
Mihi nomen est Marcus Helvidius Seneca. Thank you all in allowing me the privilege of joining you. I have over the past two years taken a much greater interest in Roman culture and it’s effects on our modern world. My regular trips between Nova Eboracum and Washington have allowed me to see this influence up close. Therefore when I came upon such a fascinating group I was impelled to see about joining. Although I am very much a novice I look forward to getting to know each of you and your contributions.
Valete in proximum
Vive valeque!
Marcus Helvidius Seneca

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:50 am

Ave Seneca!

Welcome to the crew! If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to let us know.

Optime vale,
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:41 am

Salvete Quirites!

Welcome to those new citizens who introduced themselves!

I would like to take a moment to welcome our newest citizens who were just approved. Please join me in greeting:

Tiberius Claudius Vibulanus
Gaius Acilius Elva
Lucia Flavia Aquilina
Marcus Helvidius Seneca
Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus
Quintus Arrius Scapula
Marcus Minucius Audens
Marcus Licinius Clarus
Lucius Carteius Geminus

New citizens, please take a moment to introduce yourselves!

Valete!

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Quintus Arrius Scapula » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:42 am

Salvete amici!

Mihi nomen est Quintus Arrius Scapula,

It is a great privilege for me to be approved and welcomed in such a seemingly amazing community!

Since I was the age of seven, I always had a fascination for the Roman civilization and antiquity as a whole. During my several trips to my native province of Germania Inferior, as well as Roma herself, I tried my best to gather more information about the Roman life.

So, when a friend of mine told be about this community, it only felt natural that I would join it so that I can share the same passion and interest with you all. I do not claim to know too much, but I am certainly willing to learn and I believe that this is the best place to do so!

Also, if there is anything I can help any of you with, please, do not refrain from letting me know.

Valete!
Quintus Arrius Scapula

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 am

Victor Arrio sal.

Nice to meet you Arri! I hope you feel right at home here ^^

Vale!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:38 am

Quintus Arrius Scapula wrote:Salvete amici!

Mihi nomen est Quintus Arrius Scapula,

It is a great privilege for me to be approved and welcomed in such a seemingly amazing community!

Since I was the age of seven, I always had a fascination for the Roman civilization and antiquity as a whole. During my several trips to my native province of Germania Inferior, as well as Roma herself, I tried my best to gather more information about the Roman life.

So, when a friend of mine told be about this community, it only felt natural that I would join it so that I can share the same passion and interest with you all. I do not claim to know too much, but I am certainly willing to learn and I believe that this is the best place to do so!

Also, if there is anything I can help any of you with, please, do not refrain from letting me know.

Valete!

Brutus sal.

Welcome home Scapula!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister