Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Marcus Livius Horatius,

Great words! And... Welcome! (=
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 am

Marcus Livius Horatius wrote:Horatius Quiritibus sal.

My name is Marcus Livius Horatius. I have followed the Roman Republic for a few months. Only recently I became a citizen. I have had an interest in all things Roman for many years. But I never joined an organization related to ancient Rome. The more I learn about the Roman Republic, the more I realize that this place is different. My heart tells me that this is the beginning of something special. I am thrilled to join you in establishing a flourishing Roman nation! I hope my contributions help, in some small way, towards the success of this group.

Valete!

One of the reasons that this place IS different is that no one here wishes to have a purely political agenda and focus. There are so many wonderful things along the via Romana to experience and one should not waste any time in their life on baseless, silly, unimportant things.

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with severe diabetes, which has seriously affected my health and daily life. Recently, I took control somewhat over that condition, only to find I am in the first stages of esophageal cancer. My doctor advises that time is fleeting and to waste no days. Personally, I do not have time to participate in anything that does not bring me joy. Maybe Apollo and Asclepius will be kind and throw their favor my way and I will be able to enjoy many more days. Currently, it does not appear so, but I have hope. I don't generally "throw in the towel" very easily. I have a unique personal history with those two deities over the last decade, so we will see. In the mean time, I hope that we can all move together along the via Romana and make a great difference in the Roman community. The talent and desire are here in every citizen to make that happen. With the favor of the gods, we shall not fail. But, we must maintain the course to stay in their favor.

Valete!
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:56 am

I hope you get better Triari. My fiancée had throat cancer when she was 20 years old. The doctors were seriously considering ripping out good part of her throat, making her mute and having to eat through a tube for the rest of her life. Luckily, good people interceded, great doctors that showed another way and if I have the pleasure to hear her voice today it was because of those good people. I hope the gods have you find good people with good ideas like that in your treatment and I hope the gods bless you with good health. My fiancée is now 26 years old and healthy as a horse and Im the most grateful man concievable because of that. I hope that encourages you somewhat. ^^

And I agree with you. The good thing of this community, from what I felt so far, is that it does not create a still and hostile environment. It seems made up of tired people, but tired in the good sense. People tired of bickering, tired of pointless discussion. Seeing the willingness of these people to do good and work in cooperation to make something enriching both religiously and culturally, as well as unafraid to simply have some good old fashion pointless fun, is really what made me give this community a chance :) I'm liking it here so far. I hope everyone can say the same.

Valete!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:15 am

Ave Caeso Fabius Buteo!

Would you please login and check your RR inbox on your citizen page when you can. I sent you mail.

Vale,
Triarius
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:21 am

Yes, Victor, I completely agree. If we are not having fun, then what is the point? This is supposed to be an enjoyable experience, a learning experience, a cultural experience, a religious experience...that will differ with each person here, but we all need to be having fun!

Also, thanks for the encouragement. I'm a fighter and don't give up easily.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Octavius Flavus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Salvete!

My name is Gauis Ocatavius Flavus. I became citizen yesterday.
first i want to thank the builders of this comunity for giving us al a chance to get closser in touch with people who have te same interest from over the whole world.
Also its nice to see how close you can get to old traditions like the religion romana what defenitly is interessting and for sure want to learn more about.

i hope we can make a nice time of it and go foreward for years to come ! and most important having fun

Triarius i hope the things for you will go better soon i know i'm just here but from what i have read here man thats realy not nothing
i hope the gods will favor you and the rest of us !

And thanks everyone for the nice welkom for us it realy feels like coming home !

Vale
Flavus
Gaius Octavius Flavus

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Thanks Flavus for your kind words. I hope you are right...I have a lot of olives to eat and Falernian to drink, LOL!

And, yes, welcome, welcome, and welcome again! If you have ANY questions, someone here has the answer. You are among some of the best people in the Roman community. It humbles me to be in their presence.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Octavius Flavus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:43 am

No thanks :)
with olives and italian wine it has to go come alright!
lets make a good time of it then !
if i have questions i wil ask them but first i go read the forums and learn more about the old civil rights,laws,religion etc.
Gaius Octavius Flavus

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:17 am

...and then Triarius sneaks away into the night from the forum, secretly guarding a bowl of olives and a caske of wine cleverly tucked into the folds of his toga....

...MUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 am

Lucius Vitellius Triarius wrote:
One of the reasons that this place IS different is that no one here wishes to have a purely political agenda and focus. There are so many wonderful things along the via Romana to experience and one should not waste any time in their life on baseless, silly, unimportant things.

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with severe diabetes, which has seriously affected my health and daily life. Recently, I took control somewhat over that condition, only to find I am in the first stages of esophageal cancer. My doctor advises that time is fleeting and to waste no days. Personally, I do not have time to participate in anything that does not bring me joy. Maybe Apollo and Asclepius will be kind and throw their favor my way and I will be able to enjoy many more days. Currently, it does not appear so, but I have hope. I don't generally "throw in the towel" very easily. I have a unique personal history with those two deities over the last decade, so we will see. In the mean time, I hope that we can all move together along the via Romana and make a great difference in the Roman community. The talent and desire are here in every citizen to make that happen. With the favor of the gods, we shall not fail. But, we must maintain the course to stay in their favor.

Valete!
Triarius

Salve amice,

I am sorry to read about your past and recent health problems. I will certainly include you in my petitions to Asclepius. If there is any assistance I can lend please don't hesitate to contact me.

As one who works in healthcare, your thoughtful and touching message resonates. Triari, we all absolutely must make the most of our time and seek joy, harmony, and knowledge! You have certainly been and will continue to be critical to realizing this objective within our fledgling res publia!

Di vos incolumes custodiant,

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur