Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:58 am

I wish you all a warm welcome to the Republic!

And a big welcome to my sister, Secunda C. Longina!

If any of you have any questions, I, or any magistrate or citizen will be happy to help you. (:
magistra maxima collegiorum philosophiae | artium | latinae | legis | librorum | peregrinatorum
sacerdos maxima c. liberi
princeps cassiorum
Gaia Cassia Longina
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile
Governor of Italia Pronvincia
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Liberi et Liberiae Sacerdos

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:25 am

Salvete Omnes!

I am Publius Sallustius Quadratus! I currently reside in the province of Mississipia Borealis, although I am originally from the province of Nova Hispania Ulterior. I don't know the Latin name for Chicago (or if there is one yet since Chicago is a name derived from an Native American word) but Chicago is where I live now.

A little bit about me, I am a Roman history and culture enthusiast. I have been attracted to and interested in the culture of Rome in particular for a few years. I think there were many things throughout my life that led me to Rome but certainly more recently the thing that made me more interested in Rome was definitely my love of classical architecture. Although some classicists will insist that no classical architecture exists beyond the classical period in Greece and that all other's outside of Greek Classical architecture are merely derivative appropriations, I am one of those who loves not only the original classical forms of the Greeks but all their derivations through Rome and into the Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical styles.

Roman architecture fascinated me not only because of the use, adaptation and innovation in style based on classical Greek architecture but also for the great ingenuity of Roman engineers who experimented with new materials and techniques that became the most advanced engineering technology of the ancient world.

Aside from my great interest in Roman architecture, I also have a great love of Roman art. Classical sculpture, again not only Greek but of course Roman and all later imitations from later periods, has always been a special favorite of mine. I am also very interested in the terracotta work of the Etruscans and in the magnificent fresco paintings of both Etruscan and Roman cultures.

So much of Roman history fascinates me and my interest and love of Roman history has grown over the last few years. I chose the name Sallustius in honor of the great Roman historian Gaius Sallustius Crispus.

I am also interested in participating in the politics of Roman Republic and in working to grow our community and bring Romans together from all over the world.

I am a personal practitioner of Cultus Deorum and am looking forward to learning more and joining with others in practice to honor the Gods.

I do not speak any Latin or Greek, nor can I read either but I am eager to learn both. I hope that I can do more to learn Latin here in the Roman Republic and someday learn some Greek as well!

I have a love of theater and acting and I would love to collaborate with others in the production of some great works of Greek and Roman drama!

Finally, I just want to ad that I am so happy to find a community of people who share a passion and love for Roman culture and religion and I am so much looking forward to working with everyone to promote Roman tradition all over the world!
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome all to Res Publica Romana! I hope that all of you will find your hopes and dreams in this Roman world! There are many groups of all interests to welcome you! Please do not hasitate to ask questions -- no question is a dumb question, as we all had to learn how to get around, so ask and if you recieve no answer within a reasonable time, I am always ready to answer your question or find someone who can.

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Quaestor / Governor;
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Secunda Cassia Longina » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Secunda Cassia Longina and you can probably tell that I'm Cassia's sister/best-friend. I'm from Florida and I am studying biology and medicine but she has convinced me to join this group...she spends so much time devoted to this group so I thought I would give it a try. I only know a little bit of Roman history, from what Cassia tells me and I hope to learn more over time.
Secunda Cassia Longina

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Salvete Laetateque Civibus Novis (be well and of good cheer to new citizens)

I would like to add my welcome to the new citizens.

Enjoy your time with us. Join in on the discussions and life in the Fora Republicae (Forums of the Republic).

If you have need of help or have questions please feel free to ask myself or any of the others that have frequented the Forum.

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Decimus Sergius Taurus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Hello,

I am new to the Roman Republic, I spend a lot of spare time studying history. Rome has been a long time interest if mind is study in great depth. I have spent a lot of my time studying the evolution of the Roman military both Pre 107 BC (Marian Reforms) and after. I would like to eventually participate in reenactment if we do them for the Roman Army. I also do World War 2 reenacting so I have previous experience with it. I am also interested in learning Latin. I have already submitted my email on the forum related to this. I am looking forward to getting to know the community and learning more in depth about the Roman way of life.

Decimus Sergius Taurus
Decimus Sergius Taurus

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Salvete,

Taurus, I am pleased to welcome in our ranks another person who is interested in historical reenactment! It is great that a community of people passionate of historicalreenactment always growing in our Republic. Welcome home, brother-reenactor. (=

Secunda... wow! I do not believe... another Cassiа Longinа! It's amazing! Now, instead of the one guiding star, our path will be covered by the two guiding stars, bearing one name!.... After all, what could be better than Cassiа Longinа? Right! Only two "Cassiа Longinа"! Welcome to the Republic! (=

Vale bene,
T. Fl. Severus
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Sal.

Greetings new friends and Romans! I hope this is the start of many years among us. The best thing to do is to jump right in! Work with the collegia, start a project. Don't wait for tomorrow!
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:54 am

Titus Flavius Severus wrote:Salvete,
Secunda... wow! I do not believe... another Cassiа Longinа! It's amazing! Now, instead of the one guiding star, our path will be covered by the two guiding stars, bearing one name!.... After all, what could be better than Cassiа Longinа? Right! Only two "Cassiа Longinа"! Welcome to the Republic! (=

A note from the Cassiae:
Thank you, Severe. You make us sound grand - truly (and me)!

I am more than glad to have my dear younger sister/best-friend in our ranks and I am sure that she will grow to be a valuable asset to our group! And hopefully more "Cassia Longina"s in the future! (:
-Gaia & Secunda Cassia Longina

(We're on the phone together and wrote you this note - haha!)
magistra maxima collegiorum philosophiae | artium | latinae | legis | librorum | peregrinatorum
sacerdos maxima c. liberi
princeps cassiorum
Gaia Cassia Longina
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 am

Brutus Cen. sal.

A warm welcome to the citizens approved today! Please join me in greeting,

Vopisca Antonia Camilla of Pacifica
Vopisca Antonia Bubulca of Pacifica
Servia Domitia Theophila of Virginia
Quintus Lollius Lurco of Nova Britannia
Publius Marius Silanus of Pacifica
Proculus Arellius Capitolinus of Virginia
Numeria Octavia Saturnina of Hispania
Marcia Aliena Naso of Illyricum
Gaius Cassius Vespillo of Nova Eboracum
Faustus Antonius Albinus of Hispania
Aulus Annius Saturninus of Nova Eboracum
Appius Galerius Silo of Gallia Mississippia

New citizens and friends, please tell us about your interests! Also, it is normal at this point to have many questions. Please ask your questions here, many citizens will be happy to assist you!

This round of approvals marks somewhat of a landmark for our Res Publica. We now have over 300 citizens registered in our 11th month after opening our non-profit! It seems appropriate at this time to thank the many citizens who have worked tirelessly to grow and improve our cultural nation. Nice work everyone! Welcome new friends and may we together make the next 11 months even more exciting!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

PreviousNext