Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am

Brutus Cen. sal.

I also welcome Gaius Valerius Lepidus from Britannia whom I just approved.

All applications to date have been processed.

Current Population of the Res Publica: 427
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

A warm welcome to the citizens approved today! Please join me in greeting,

Gaius Octavius Siculus of Italia
Lucius Tullius Augustus of Italia
Numerius Maenius Calvinus of Italia
Octavius Passienus Celer of Italia
Quintus Quinctius Quirinus of Britannia
Titus Marius Saserna of Italia

Current Population of the Res Publica: 432

New citizens and friends, please tell us about your interests! Also, it is normal at this point to have many questions. Please ask your questions here, many citizens will be happy to assist you! You may also review the New Citizen Guide here: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wi ... tizen.html

NOTICE:

The prior backlog of applications has been processed. All applications received as of May 11 have been processed. If you applied before May 11 and did not hear a response please contact the Censores. Thank you for your patience.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Brutus sal.

Greetings new citizens! Please do not hesitate to ask questions! The RR has a lot going on, and it is certainly normal to have more than a few queries!

Titus Flavius Severus wrote:Severus Cen. sal.

Gaius Octavius Siculus of Italia
Lucius Tullius Augustus of Italia
Numerius Maenius Calvinus of Italia
Octavius Passienus Celer of Italia
Quintus Quinctius Quirinus of Britannia
Titus Marius Saserna of Italia

Current Population of the Res Publica: 432

New citizens and friends, please tell us about your interests! Also, it is normal at this point to have many questions. Please ask your questions here, many citizens will be happy to assist you! You may also review the New Citizen Guide here: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wi ... tizen.html

NOTICE:

The prior backlog of applications has been processed. All applications received as of May 11 have been processed. If you applied before May 11 and did not hear a response please contact the Censores. Thank you for your patience.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Valerius Lepidus » Sat May 13, 2017 2:21 am

C. Valerius omnibus sal.

I very much appreciate the warm welcome! My primary interest is the Cultus Deorum, and the Latin language in general, though I also enjoy philosophy, western history, and German as well. It has been some time since I practiced Latin properly, so becoming a citizen is a great impetus to study. It is my goal to piece together a fitting Lararium to honour the gods, and those that came before us; I find the discourse here particularly helpful in finding a revivified spirit of the Cultus for the modern practitioner. Latin and the Res Publica that spread it so far are only as dead as we allow them to remain!

Vale bene,
C. Val. Lepidus
Gaius Valerius Lepidus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 am

Gaius Valerius Lepidus wrote:C. Valerius omnibus sal.

I very much appreciate the warm welcome! My primary interest is the Cultus Deorum, and the Latin language in general, though I also enjoy philosophy, western history, and German as well. It has been some time since I practiced Latin properly, so becoming a citizen is a great impetus to study. It is my goal to piece together a fitting Lararium to honour the gods, and those that came before us; I find the discourse here particularly helpful in finding a revivified spirit of the Cultus for the modern practitioner. Latin and the Res Publica that spread it so far are only as dead as we allow them to remain!

Vale bene,
C. Val. Lepidus

Salve Lepide!

I hope to see you in the Collegium Latinum! It is as of now the collegium with the most active leadership!

Welcome to our community!

Vale,
Philo
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Sat May 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Salvete cives novi!

I am especially delighted to see so many new citizens from Italy. Are some of you from Rome perhaps?

Valete!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Sat May 13, 2017 10:40 pm

L. Horatia Adamas magistra Collegi Latini C. Tullio Valeriano C. Valerio Lepido omnibus S.P.D.

Vos salvere jubeo! Non es solus magister linguae Latinae apud nos, Valeriane, nec solus profugus Alterius Loci infesti (adsunt multi) pestibus acerbissimis Sullá Caesareque, quos speramus nos aliquando detrudere posse.

A warm welcome to other new citizens as well!

Lepide, Valerianus and I are both Latin teachers in different realms; I offer online courses in modified traditional Latin, and am quite familiar with modern (including spoken) Latin, having taught it for some years after taking a special course in living Latin. Please both of you do join the Latin collegium; we are in the process of working on bylaw improvements and would welcome your input.

BTW, regarding the mistaken idea that Latin has suffered a premature death: one of two sites for the news in Latin is http://areena.yle.fi/1-1931339 A knowledge of modern Latin is necessary to understand this, and Finnish is helpful as most of the rest of the site is in Finnish. Look for the phrase 'nuntii Latini;' that is where you will find spoken and written news in Latin. Latin is by no means dead; there are Latin immersion sessions every summer, and weekly / monthly meetings where spoken Latin is practiced. There is an academic journal entirely in Latin, Melissa; there is an all-Latin mailing list populated by some of the best Latinists in the world as well as rank beginners and everything in between. This July there will be a convention of a major European Latinists' group in Kentucky, the home of the best-known American Latinist, Terentius Tunberg; there all lectures will be in Latin.

Valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sat May 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

Gaius Iulius Messalla of Italia

Current Population of the Res Publica: 433

NOTICE:

The prior backlog of applications has been processed. All applications received as of May 13 have been processed. If you applied before May 13 and did not hear a response please contact the Censores. Thank you for your patience.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sun May 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

Proculus Lucinius Equiculus of Britannia

Current Population of the Res Publica: 434

NOTICE:

The prior backlog of applications has been processed. All applications received as of May 14 have been processed. If you applied before May 14 and did not hear a response please contact the Censores. Thank you for your patience.
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

A warm welcome to the citizen approved today! Please join me in greeting,

Gnaeus Bantius Brutus of Italia

Current Population of the Res Publica: 435

NOTICE:

The prior backlog of applications has been processed. All applications received as of May 15 have been processed. If you applied before May 15 and did not hear a response please contact the Censores. Thank you for your patience.
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum