Salvete new citizens!

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Salvete new citizens!

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 am

Salvete Quirites!

On this thread I would like to start a new tradition of welcoming the newly approved citizens! May these individuals find a home here in our cultural nation! May we never forget that our Res Publica serves everyone and survives by having committed volunteers who seek to bring every aspect of the Declaration (http://www.romanrepublic.org/wip/declaration.html) to life both here and in their local communities!

Welcome and please tell us about yourselves!

Fellow citizens, please join me in welcoming the new citizens for Pr. Non. Mart et Non. Mart. MMDCCLXIX a.u.c.

Appius Iunius Laterensis
Aula Aliena Asellio
Faustus Romilius Cato
Gaius Tullius Cicero
Lucius Antonius Serenus
Lucius Iulius Corvus
Octavia Aurelia Veratia
Quinta Tullia Metella
Servius Calavius Ahenobarbus
Sextus Aelius Drusus
Statia Cassia Elva
Titus Iunius Pinnius

Valete!

P. Iunius Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: Salvete new citizens!

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 am

Salve! ^^
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:28 am

Salvete!

Welcome to the Respublica! Please excuse our mess while we finish organizing, LOL! Don't be shy, just jump in and start telling us all about yourselves.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Tullius Valerianus* » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Salvete!

My current name is Gaius Tullius Cicero, but only because the automated system would not allow me my true Roman name for over 16 years now, Gaius Tullius Valerianus (can the censors approve a change of name? "Valerianus" IS a historical name, and it is MY name). I've been a citizen of the Other Place for 16 years, I am a sitting consular senator, proconsul, and augur there, and a former tribunus plebis. I have been watching Caesar and Sulla slowly destroy everything that was worthwhile about that place, everything we fought for, everything I loved.

The Roman Republic here gives me hope. It reminds me of that day so long ago when I first became a Roman. I am a historian and a teacher of Latin and Classical Humanities. I correspond in Latin with penpals all over the world, and I have hosted conversational Latin Meetups. As Proconsul of America Deserta in the Other Place, I hold a regular Meetup for Romans (open to all Romans, not just NR) in Phoenix, AZ (we average about 2 meetings per month, 1 for "business" and 1 for festivals and cultus events). I am very pleased to be here (though I shall be MUCH happier if I can fix my name!

Valete,
Gaius Tullius Cicero (Gaius Tullius Valerianus - please HELP!)
Gaius Tullius Valerianus*

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Salve Valeriane!

Welcome and I hope you find a new home amongst us for many years to come! I've heard about your regular gatherings and would love to learn more about how you coordinated your local community. This goes without saying but your entire province at the "other place" is more than welcome here. Soon we will be organizing our provinces and your input would be appreciated.

Oh, and log into your Roman Republic account. I have a small surprise for you. :)

Vale!

Brutus

Gaius Tullius Cicero wrote:Salvete!

My current name is Gaius Tullius Cicero, but only because the automated system would not allow me my true Roman name for over 16 years now, Gaius Tullius Valerianus (can the censors approve a change of name? "Valerianus" IS a historical name, and it is MY name). I've been a citizen of the Other Place for 16 years, I am a sitting consular senator, proconsul, and augur there, and a former tribunus plebis. I have been watching Caesar and Sulla slowly destroy everything that was worthwhile about that place, everything we fought for, everything I loved.

The Roman Republic here gives me hope. It reminds me of that day so long ago when I first became a Roman. I am a historian and a teacher of Latin and Classical Humanities. I correspond in Latin with penpals all over the world, and I have hosted conversational Latin Meetups. As Proconsul of America Deserta in the Other Place, I hold a regular Meetup for Romans (open to all Romans, not just NR) in Phoenix, AZ (we average about 2 meetings per month, 1 for "business" and 1 for festivals and cultus events). I am very pleased to be here (though I shall be MUCH happier if I can fix my name!

Valete,
Gaius Tullius Cicero (Gaius Tullius Valerianus - please HELP!)
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Valerianus was accidentily marked as "Capitis Absens". Just informing.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Gaius Tullius Valerianus* » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Salvete!

Thank you! It is good to be here as Gaius Tullius Valerianus, now! Many thanks to Publius Iunius Brutus for helping me correct my name!

Valete!
~ Valerianus
Gaius Tullius Valerianus*

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:55 pm

It is very good to have you here...and your chickens, LOL! (He is an experienced Augur for those who do not know!). He is also a master at teaching the Roman Virtues as well.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:24 am

Salvete!

Please join me in welcoming the new citizens of VIII Id. Mart. MMDCCLXIX a.u.c.!

Marcus Livius Horatius
Manius Ogulnius Sacerdos
Appia Gratidia Avita
Gaius Octavius Flavus
Marca Marcia Aquilina

Please tell us about yourselves!

Valete!

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Faustus Romilius Cato » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:28 am

Greetings,

My name is Faustus Romilius Cato. Please forgive my lack of knowledge of Latin phrases for the forum. I am completely new to Romanitas and am just silently taking it all in. My main interest is the Religio Romana, but being a citizen of the Res Publica is also very nice! I look forward to the success of this endeavor! May the Gods and Goddesses make it so!

Warm Regards (the guide to Latin phrases for the forum is definitely needed!),

Romilius
Faustus Romilius Cato

Next

Return to Main Forum