[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - Preservation or Dissolution of Our Republic?

Preservation or Dissolution of Our Republic?

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Preservation or Dissolution of Our Republic?

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:46 am

Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby setting_the_table » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:55 am

Ive just joined...

...my children know the story of Romulus....

They know their history...

what is this talk of Dissolution......

I am a father of children that know Rome....so I say get back on your feet...TO THE GATES.....
setting_the_table

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:29 am

Salvete Omnes,

The discussion on dissolution was more of offering a way out if that was the public's wanting. A way to shut down the Roman Republic amicably and cleanly. But, due to the outpouring of support of the organization and it's goals, we on the CC decided to keep it running. Now we have the daunting task ahead of us on how to significantly improve it. A difficult goal, but anything worth doing is never easy, as they say.

Camillus, it is good to see you back. I agree with you, the main issue will be finding people to run these groups after they are restructured. It is a risk, as anything is bound to be, but one I hope will pay off. By focusing activity on the collegia, we are thus focusing on the citizens themselves. They will be our primary focus, not useless politics and all the drama that comes attached. This will allow us to work on having reliable and consistent people in these groups that will lead, hopefully through a council of sorts rather than relying on a singular individual.

These are my thoughts on the matter, of course. Time will tell how the final product works out to be. I welcome any and all input from the individuals of our wonderful community.

Bonam Fortunam!

L. Aurelius Curio
Vis per Unitatem Romanam

Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:28 pm

SALVETE!

Censor Curio, I’m glad that dissolution was rejected. Our Roman ancestors had many ups and downs of many magnitudes greater than the non-sense that has afflicted us.

Now that we are back on track I think we need to ask — What do the people want from the Roman Republic?

I want an online and offline community. I want a place to meet with people who share a love for living as modern Romans. I want to have activities, comradery, resources and projects to help build and enjoy the benefits of such efforts. I want to feel more Roman because of contributing here and being part of one of many who put forward such effort.

Friends and Romans, what do you want from the Roman Republic that is deliverable today?

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Ha! Good to see you duckies alive and kicking. Especially Camillus you old dog!
Sextus Decius Mus

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby setting_the_table » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 pm

I`ll welcome myself to the board....then

Is there a section on this board for childrens books that are Roman related....

I`m not sure if you guys are familiar with Roman history...the first thing they did was start families and become fathers...To be Roman is to live like Romulus did!!!!...Rome is named after him...in case you were not aware....

nothing else...matters more then that...raising a family and telling children the deeds of their ancestors...

where can I find that on here?....

and by the way,....have a nice day...
setting_the_table

Re: Preservation, not Dissolution, of Our Republic!

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:55 pm

'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator
Consul
Consul

Postby Appius Claudius Tuscus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:31 am

Appius Claudius Tuscus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 am

Attachments
VISION DIAGRAM.png
VISION DIAGRAM.png (97.33 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister