Marcus Audens died

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Marcus Audens died

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Today came the news of the death of a remarkable man, a veteran of the Roman revival movement - Marcus Audens. All of us can relate to this person in different ways. I sincerely considered him my friend, to those who had an ambiguous character, but he was exactly a friend full of experience and ready to come with advice and fatherly help. With his death, a whole epoch has sunk into oblivion ... Rest in peace with a dear friend ...
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Re: Marcus Audens died

Postby Appius Claudius Tuscus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you, Severus, for letting us know.

Audens had a stormy time here - he was quick to take offense - but as you say, over the years he contributed a lot. If I recall correctly he was one among the Novi Romani who stood up first against the usurpers, and he was a part of the formative élan of our Res Publica's first years.

Those of you who are cultores Deorum, commend him to the Gods in your prayers, if you will. I will keep a favorable memory of Audens, irasciable but (as I thought) decent at heart - and rather Roman.

Valete.
Appius Claudius Tuscus

Re: Marcus Audens died

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm

De mortuis nihil, nisi bonum. Ergo taceo.
Gaius Florius Lupus

Return to Main Forum