Incorporation of the Provinces

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Incorporation of the Provinces

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Salvete Quirites!

The Sarmatians have finally shown us how things are done in the real world; and it is exactly the way as I have kept saying from the first day of our Republic: It makes no sense to have a non profit corporation for our Republic, incorporation has to be done on a provincial level.
I would like to thank Consul Flavius Severus for his explanations in another thread.
... the land was originally not obtained in private ownership, by a specific inhabitant of Sarmatia, it was obtained by a legal entity, in which the province of Sarmatia was registered. Nevertheless, in order to keep to the end the rule and custom, we decided to "nominally" (as Crassus himself noted) to transfer this land from the province to the Republic...

Sarmatia has its own corporation for the province that deals with legal affairs. Then, when the land was made an ager publicus, it was not done by transferring the ownership to the Canadian corporation Res Publica, Inc. (or whatever it is officially called), but it was (nominally) transferred to "The Republic", which is an entity independent from and above the corporation.
This is how things are done in the real world, and it is the same way as my often quoted example of the Catholic Church would do it. The Vatican is no corporation, but it has corporations in every country to represent the Church legally.

We have to get the organizational structure of our Republic in order and adjust it to the real world. The Republic is no Canadian corporation and not subject to Canadian bylaws; the Republic owns a corporation in Canada for legal purposes, a corporation that does what the Republic decides.

Our Republic needs a constitution that reflects reality and is able to get projects done. And this restructuring of the Republic needs to be discussed by all members of our community, not by the Senate or the Comitia Curiata, which are institutions that operate under a dysfunctional set of bylaws that are not well thought through and have now proven to be not applicable to real world projects.

We can use this thread to start a discussion how the Republic should be organized, on which level it should be incorporated and what has to be the relation to the authorities of the nation states we live in.

The most important points for me are:
  1. All corporations should be operated under our provincial governors.
  2. The Republic should be no corporation, but a multi-national community that maintains corporations in nations, where particular projects require it.
  3. Our constitution should reflect the fact that we are a cultural (and religious) community, not a political entity.
Valete!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Re: Incorporation of the Provinces

Postby Quintus Vergilius Crassus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 am

I am not strong in legal matters, but as far as I know, the registration of the province as a legal entity for us was a forced measure. We have about five local communities, they are scattered far from each other across the country, and that money and property were not in the hands of one person, but belonged really to everyone, we decided that the official registration of a legal entity is a good way out. Alba and Severus insisted on this. And they and we were right. Since there are too many different groups of people in the Roman Republic scattered around the world, similar to Sarmatia, I think that the Roman Republic should be somehow registered so that in case of violation of collective rights, the decision could be appealed to the court. I do not yet see any negative consequences of the fact that the Roman Republic is a corporation. And I see one positive point in that, if necessary, you can apply for judicial protection if someone's rights are violated.
Quintus Vergilius Crassus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Re: Incorporation of the Provinces

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:55 am

Salve!

It was done this way in Sarmatia, because this is the only possible way to go.
We should not try to impose rules on the real world, but set up the rules according to the necessities of the world.

The Republic itself does not need a corporation. Does the Vatican have a corporation? It maintains corporation.
What legal protection do we need? This is a forum nothing else. All legal protection comes from the admin access of the highest magistrate. If the admin bans a member, will he go to court over it?
And what legal protection by a corporation is good for, we can see with Noma Roma.
Why can we not learn from observation of facts (the chaos in Nova Roma due to its incorporation and the successful acquisition of land by the province of Sarmatia) instead of insisting in abstract theories ("We need to incorporate the Republic for legal protection.") that have never solved anything, not even once?

Vale!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Return to Main Forum