Inspiring Activity

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Inspiring Activity

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am

Salvete, over the past few weeks I have noticed more and more an inactivity in almost every thread. I see very little people on everyday and very little discussion. I know people have their lives which come first, but I also don't really see any new people. I think we need to do something to start bringing positive attention to ourselves and to bring ourselves into the light to try and bring in new members. I know I'm not a veteran of the Republic, I'm not someone special but I do believe that together we can do something to increase our activity. I start this thread so citizens may comment what they feel would help, what they can do and any other ideas that could help the Republic in general. I also call for our magistrates to start checking the website more, as I barely see any on and in the past weeks I haven't seen our Consuls on almost at all. So this is a cry to our magistrate as well as our citizens. I know we can do this and I'm willing to put in the effort. So how many others are with me?
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Re: Inspiring Activity

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Is there not a single person willing to stand up and start doing something? Plenty of you have looked at this thread, all have chosen to ignore it. You call yourselves citizens, but when asked to contribute you do nothing. It's sad. Until I start to see regular activity on the forums, I will be posting much more. Even after that I will post more. I want us to grow as a community. To do that we need dedicated people willing to help. Until then I'll be that dedicated person. Valete.
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Postby Quintus Iulius Symphorianus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:04 am

I see no reason to throw good money after bad.
Moribus antiquis stat res romana virisque. -- Ennius
Romanitas and pietas is not an RPG. -- L. Metilius Niger

Need a website for your province/collegium/societas? Do allow me to help!
Quintus Iulius Symphorianus

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 am

Is this community bad? Is it not worth saving? If you feel that way, then don't check the site, don't be a citizen and don't participate. If you actually want to help then message me. If not, then why are you apart of the Republic? This is a community of those who value the culture and history of Rome. I want it to grow, not die.
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Postby Quintus Iulius Symphorianus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 am

Aulus Iulius Caesar wrote:Is this community bad? Is it not worth saving? If you feel that way, then don't check the site, don't be a citizen and don't participate. If you actually want to help then message me. If not, then why are you apart of the Republic? This is a community of those who value the culture and history of Rome. I want it to grow, not die.

First off, don't get snippy with me quirite.

I've been a member of the Roman revivalist community for almost seven years now; dating back to when I became a citizen of Nova Roma in 2011. I have been blessed with extensive experience in Classical religion -- in fact I've held a priestly position in a related organisation; and once came very close as serving as the oracular medium for a minor deity. I put myself forward as a candidate for Quaestor in the elections we just had and was quite generously offered an appointment on the consular staff after having lost; not to mention the fact that I have a standing application for my local procuratorate that I'm waiting on to be addressed. I'm quite as devoted to Romanitas as anyone here, and your self-righteous and unpleasant tone is deeply unappreciated.

This community is great... when it's a community. As things stand activity on the forums is dead across the board, it's been over a month since Consul Brutus planned the imminent announcement of his plan for the next year, and as far as I can see the projects ostensibly underway have made little to no progress. I take no pleasure in these things and hope that they may, eventually, be ameliorated; but neither am I convinced that your passive-aggressive pontification will fix anything.
Moribus antiquis stat res romana virisque. -- Ennius
Romanitas and pietas is not an RPG. -- L. Metilius Niger

Need a website for your province/collegium/societas? Do allow me to help!
Quintus Iulius Symphorianus

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 am

What does being a member longer have to do with anything? I started this thread to inspire activity on the forums. My "passive-aggressive pontification" is more than I've seen anyone else do. So if you wish to berate me for attempting to bring some life back, please go ahead. I'm not ashamed of the fact I'm doing something. Passive-aggressive or not it's taking initiative to start fixing things. P. Iunius Brutus is dealing with real life matters at the moment, which is why he is not on. The fact is, we don't need the Consuls or the magistrate to fix the inactivity on the forums. We need dedicated citizens who want to converse and better their knowledge of Rome. So, if you feel my reaction was taken out of place you'd be wrong. If you wish to spread negativity, do it somewhere else. I'll be here actually trying to help fix things.
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 am

I feel I should apologize first off, I wasn't trying to be rude or snippy. I just want to see something get done. So if you want to help get activity up and make it a community, please message me. I know we can figure something out if everyone starts working together
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 am

IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG (921.63 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Having left Livius peripateticly kicking an acorn around the stoa and Florius fuming over the philosophy of thespian artistic license, Laevus meanders over to the Forum for congenial conversation. Finding it void of life, Laevus prandializes on toasted cakes and wine someone kindly left out at an ideal vantage point in the Forum and reads Seneca's letters ad Lucilium.
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 pm

L. Livius v. c. et inl. pr. ur. A. Iulio et omnibus in foro sal.

The current situation is deplorable.

I have no idea what has become of the vast majority of our senators and magistrates, many of whom have yet to even acknowledge their election to office by signing the necessary liability forms. If any of them are currently occupied with other pressing matters (which happens, I know), I would nevertheless have expected the courtesy of communicating that situation to the rest of us. As it is, I have heard nothing from anyone. Neither of our consuls have even visited the website in almost a month, and for many other magistrates it's been at least twice as long as that.

I won't rehearse the public indignity I have endured from our current leadership, but as I informed the Senate, I am unwilling to govern this community single-handedly; it is simply not Republican.

That being said, you, A. Iuli and Q. Iuli, are both correct in that the essence of the Respublica is community, which ultimately requires no officialdom, only mutual collaboration (communitas = con (together) + munus (work)). Have you any inspirations percolating? Parentalia begins today; perhaps there is something to be done in honour of our ancestors?

Valete.
L. LIVIVS ANI. SENECA
V. C. ET INL. PR. VR.MAG. COLL. L.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Praetor Urbanus
Praetor Urbanus

Postby Aulus Iulius Caesar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Traditionally, Parentalia is celebrated within the house hold. But there is suppose to be a ceremony on the Ides of February, which is today. But it was hosted by Vestal Virgins, which I don't believe we have any. I also have some matters to message you about in private L. Livius. Valete.
Avlvs Ivlivs Caesar
Aulus Iulius Caesar
Augur
Augur
Martis Sacerdos
Martis Sacerdos

Next

Return to Main Forum