Inspiring Activity

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Re: Inspiring Activity

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Salve Flori*

Me a copa, when you wrote 'nos' I missed that you really meant 'vos'.

Many folks join multiple on-line groups. The RR does not require the resignation from other groups in order to join. It is common and reasonable to require someone to join a group in order to participate in that group. Perhaps it is the word 'citizen' that that sticks in their craw.

Vale
Sextius

* vero 'i' est, gratias ago tibi
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 am

As far as setting up CDR activities is concerned, anyone living in the Chicagoland area is welcome to contact me regarding our local project Cultus Deorum Chicago. We, the citizens of Mississippia Borealis are working on this along with other friends and partners from outside the RR to establish physical gatherings for Sacra Publica in our community, for the celebration of Roman festivals, the celebration of Roman culture and for promotion and outreach to the general public outside the Roman CDR community. We are on facebook at Cultus Deorum Chicago Forum. Feel free to contact me directly for information and especially anyone from Mississippia Borealis or anyone near Chicago or willing to travel to Chicago for events.
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Postby Tiberius Flavius Nerva » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:14 am

In fact, the attenuation of activity is a relative thing. From the side, for the forum, activity is possible seems low. But in Sarmatia Magna work is boiling, ahead of us is a new season of historical reenactment festivals and we are actively preparing for it, and besides, the Roman Republic has its own land, and working with this land is a huge layer of activity, where everyone can show himself and take participation in this big work. In addition, in the North of Sarmatia Magna, we plan to lay the first altar, which will become the foundation for the temple, the first temple in the history of the Roman Religion located so far in the North! Everyone can become a part of this project now and distance is not an obstacle for this. Join, the revival of Roman culture is waiting for you all!!!
Tiberius Flavius Nerva
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 am

Sarmatia Magna is ready to involve in its projects and work even those who do not belong to Sarmatia, then any citizen of the Roman Republic, we always talked and talk about it. At a time when Sarmatia is the locomotive of the regional development in the Republic of Rome, the problem arises that it is no longer Sarmatians who, in the overwhelming majority, do not know English, but other citizens who do not know Slavic languages, primarily Russian, are having problems accessing our cases. We are ready to provide even administrative posts within the Province to those citizens of the Roman Republic who are willing to work, who are looking for a foundation for the implementation of their projects.
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Tiberius Flavius Nerva » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Our openness distinguishes us from any other province except Sarmatia, no one else will open its administrative apparatus for people from other provinces. We are open and ready for cooperation, we will hope that our innovations will benefit the Republic.
Tiberius Flavius Nerva
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Marca Marcia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Personally, I believe that this situation is very remarkable. When many people said that the activity on the Internet was important, and they judged everything on only Internet activity to the detriment of quiet work in the real world, as a result it turned out that time showed that Internet activity is momentary, because it turned out that without activity in There is no real world and there will be no Internet activity. Sarmatia has always been far from online activity, because we are engaged in the daily routine of the Roman revival in the real world, however, when it was needed by the Republic, the Sarmatians came to the rescue.
Marca Marcia
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:16 am

In addition to the words of my compatriots on this issue, I would like to add that the transfer of some of the activity of Sarmatia Magna to the Forum of the Roman Republic, taking into account the problems with the language barrier, to some extent distracts Sarmatians from our real activities. For example, now, the time spent on writing and translating this message, I could spend on completing work on the tunic for one of the Sarmatians. I understand the need for our activization at the Forum here and now, taking into account the current situation, but I am against such activization taking place at the expense of the interests and needs of our Sarmatian internal real activities. Ahead of the opening of the season of historical reconstruction festivals and it will be inappropriate if we do not prepare for it just because we will be diverted to outside activity. With all desire, Sarmatia Magna, can not and should not replace the activity of the whole of the Roman Republic with all the diversity of its provinces.
Aula Flavia Philippa
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:49 pm

To be honest, I was always puzzled about how some people want to raise "activity", as if "activity" is something that depends on the will of several officials and is concentrated in one forum. The fact is that "activity" is not an end in itself. "Activity" is the measure of the interest that our people (including potential) are attracting our project. In order to "raise" this notorious "activity", we should all think about something else, about how we can attract people's interest in our Republic, including through interesting content, new projects, useful information, etc.
In my opinion, this is the most correct answer to the author of this topic.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Previous