Meditations on the new year

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Meditations on the new year

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Salvete!

Early in my days of discovery of Roman Cultural Restorationism, in the late 1980s, I recall—when the fancy of a young mind turned from a life of impulses and towards one of more introspection, analysis, and virtue—a lesson that a mentor once taught me. I had not understood his meaning until I was much older, and am sure that even my interpretation is not necessarily the correct one.

But my take on this lesson is thus,

Unless you had certain experiences yourself, you live in the now, you wonder what is yet to come, and the past is a distant collection of personal moments and recalled memories of others.

In 2017, I resolved to be less curmudgeonly and to bring my attention to the very thing I strive to share with others I respect and love: the wonder of ancient Roman culture adapted to the modern era. In 2017, as consul, I resolved to be more active, to find opportunities for activity in everything to come to light. But the Gods intervened and struck my weak mortal frame down with afflictions. So I failed to achieve my aim.

Now in 2018, as a private citizen, I resolve two things:

To move beyond an informal role in the CDR, by exploring the mysteries within, and to investigate the possibilities of collaboration to bring new, exciting opportunities to life.

To dig deeper, research more. To find the nature of the divinities, the unexpected, and the unimaginable and then deliver my discoveries to you.

I look forward to new ideas, and new opportunities to restore one's sense of wonder in the Gods and Goddesses this year. If you are looking to renew your sense of wonder, think of what you can do to further your own journey. Just imagine how wonderful it will be to anticipate the support and positive actions of the great divinities of Rome in your life, and add to the story of our community, families and individual lives.

Your curator in the service of the Gods and Goddesses,

Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Re: Meditations on the new year

Postby Gaius Florius Aetius » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 am

I good writeup! May the Gods look favourably upon you!
Advice is judged by results, not by intentions.

- Cicero
Gaius Florius Aetius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Return to Main Forum