EDICTUM CENSORUM: Appointing P. Sextius Laevus as a Senator of the Roman Republic

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

EDICTUM CENSORUM: Appointing P. Sextius Laevus as a Senator of the Roman Republic

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:57 am

T. Flavius Severus P. Iunius Brutus Cen. Sal.

It is with great pleasure that we happily invite Publius Sextius Laevus (http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... Laevus/159) to join the Senate of the Respublica as a Senator.

P. Sextius Laevus has served the Respublica with distinction both privately and publicly as Tribune of the Plebs this past year. Both of the Censores welcome him with open arms as brothers, friends, peers, and colleagues.

We eagerly await his public acceptance of this invitation which is required before January 11, 2018.

See formal edict attached below:
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: EDICTUM CENSORUM: Appointing P. Sextius Laevus as a Senator of the Roman Republic

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm

P. Sextius Laevus P. Bruto T. Severo cess. S.P.D.

Your extraordinary invitation has taken me completely by surprise. It is both exalting and humbling for me to be invited to join the most august body of Senators. A great honor it is to be bestowed the rank of Senator in this our great Republic and humbling because it is only my service as Tribune that I bring with me into the company of our accomplished Conscript Fathers.

I accept with sincere thanks the Censor's invitation to join the Senate of the Respublica as a Senator.

Valete

DATVM NOVI EBORACI AD XVI KAL IAN L. CVRTIO L. AVRELIO COS.
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator

Re: EDICTUM CENSORUM: Appointing P. Sextius Laevus as a Senator of the Roman Republic

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:22 am

Congrats Senator P. Sextius Laevus!

Well disserved! I look forward to working with you in the senate.
Sextus Decius Mus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am

Brutus Cen. sal.

The newly updated Senate is now reflected on the website.

http://romanrepublic.org/wip/senators.html
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Salvete Omnes

I am indeed greatful for this opportunity to further serve our Republic as Senator. I will endeavor to help guide our Republic and protect it from tyranny.

Valete
Senator P. Sextius Laevus

Although it was early December when the letter from the Censors arrived, Laevus commissioned the scene to be immortalized in his atrium in the likeness of an another great statesman's call to serve Rome.

LaevusReceivesLetter-History.jpg
After a year as Tribune, wanting to spend a quiet Saturnalia at his country estate, is called back to Rome
LaevusReceivesLetter-History.jpg (553.6 KiB) Viewed 417 times
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:10 pm

... however, since Laevus had brought the artist out of The City just as the festivities for Saturnalia were beginning out to the empty countryside, he painted the scene thus:

LaevusReceivesLetter-Actual.jpg
Having escaped the urban Saternalia tomfoolery, Laevus enjoys reading 'DE FINIBVS BONORVM ET MALORVM'
LaevusReceivesLetter-Actual.jpg (432.4 KiB) Viewed 417 times
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Senator
Senator

Return to Main Forum