I am alive

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

I am alive

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:20 am

Friends,

I am alive. Not well. But alive.

I had a stroke. It has slowed me down. Things like typing, talking and getting around take much more effort. The doctors pumped me full of toxic medications. But tell me I am free of cancer after hacking out much of my lung.

It has been a hard year. Almost all of it spent in a sick bed that seemed to be turning into a death bed. But Apollo has decided to keep me around for a bit longer it seems.

I fear I am not as sharp as I was. My mind not a nimble. But my passion for Rome remains. My heart remains with you here in the Respublica Romana and with the ever benevolent Gods and Goddesses of the majestic Cultus Deorum Romanorum.

May the Gods and Goddesses keep you safe.

Philo
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Re: I am alive

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 am

Curio Sal.

It is good to see you alive, my friend. I hope you continue to remain with us here on Earth so long as the gods will it, if not getting even healthier. As always, I am here to talk if you wish.

Bona Fortuna!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Ave Consul!
Good to have some news from you finally. I understand what you have gone through, since I underwent chemotherapy myself some years ago. For months I believed that I would not make it and wanted to give up. However I can assure you that full recovery is possible and you will feel better with every month.
You are needed here. I hope you can be more active soon.

Apollo salutem tuam custodiat!
Vale/
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Salve Consul!

It brings joy to my heart to have you returned to us once more. I know that what you have gone through was hard, but here you are among us once more proving that "where there is a will there is a way". I hope that Apollo blesses you and as stated by Florius, you improve with every month.
May the Gods give you many more years of sunshine and camaraderie with us your Roman fellows who are here to listen and have sorely missed your presence.

Vale Bene

C Valerius Scipio
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:54 pm

This couple of weeks has been generous with good news from those from whom we have not received news for a long time.

I'm glad to read your, Philo, messages again, and I am sincerely glad to know that you are alive, and you continue to struggle, that the life force has not left you, and in the future there is still a good hope.

Be strong, my friend. We believe in you, and let our believes give you strength, strengthening hope and putting it into live.

Valete bene!
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Florius Aetius » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:01 am

Welcome back. I am glad to see you back and alife. I know from family experience a stroke can be tough. My prayers reach out to you. May you find the strength to carry on!
Advice is judged by results, not by intentions.

- Cicero
Gaius Florius Aetius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 am

This is the best Saturnalia gift the Roman Republic could receive. The father of our modern Roman Republic is alive and with us!
Sextus Decius Mus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Return to Main Forum