The Public Calendar Is Being Updated

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

The Public Calendar Is Being Updated

Postby Gaius Claudius Quadratus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Salvete!

Our official public calendar is in the process of being updated. The first phase has been completed with the formal designation and character of each day having been entered through the end of December 2018. For example, if you access the calendar you will find today described as
Ante Diem III Kal., Dies Comitialis (C). The second phase involves the entering of festivals, ludi, and historical events. This has so far been completed from November 1st 2017, through June 30th 2018. If you click on the entry for June 9th 2018, you will find the following: Ante Diem V Idus, Dies Nefastus (N); On June 9th ... ; VESTALIA. By guiding your cursor to the second line, a box will open with the following information:
On June 9th: In 53 BCE, the triumvir Crassus was defeated by the Parthians at Carrhae. The emperor Nero committed suicide in 68 CE (Qualis artifex pereo). The third phase will involve the expansion of the historical notes and the addition of information about the various festivals and religious observances. Hopefully, this will be done before the end of the year. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Valete!
C. Claudius Quadratus
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Augur
Augur

Re: The Public Calendar Is Being Updated

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 am

Wonderful addition to the calendar, amice! I'm glad the project is moving along nicely. I cannot think of anyone better suited for it than you.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: The Public Calendar Is Being Updated

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 am

SALVE!

Much overdue, good to see noble Quadratus taking on this duty.

I will follow the progress with much interest.
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Return to Main Forum