Interesting project

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Interesting project

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello. Today in one federal online newspaper I came across an unusual article. :geek: The article described the creation of the "cosmic kingdom of Asgardia" :shock: (honestly-honestly, you can google it! 8-) ). All this is very pompously arranged, conferences, meetings in expensive places. :? Although I think that all this is a complete dummy, since they have nothing to launch satellites, and some plans are so ambitious that according to the authors of these plans can only wait for a madhouse. :twisted: In general, this is a fantastic organization with a fantastic, i.e. not a real future. :lol:
You probably want to know why I started talking about this fictional organization? ;) And here is why: unlike the Roman Republic, whose goals and objectives are real, Asgardia is a fictitious organization without a future, however, over a year of existence in that organization there were more than 100,000 citizens :o . Just think about this figure. :!: The successes of the Roman Republic are much more modest. :(
Why am I saying all this? Can it make sense to analyze their work, find something useful for us and take it into service? I think it would be great if we had 100,000 citizens, we could build our city! :!: Yes we would have turned the mountains! :P
Aula Flavia Philippa

Re: Interesting project

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Two answers to that is Money and Wonder. Basically, Asgardia has the advantage of having a gery very rich man coordinating it and spending money in real world conferences and things of the sort. Besides that, their objective is Fantastical to the point of lunacy, and that makes headlines in newspapers! Lol People know about Asgardia because it is in the news. And it is in the news because it is crazy and is backed by a very rich man.

For us to get at least something similar to that backing we would need to have a lot of money and do a lot of ground work action. And even so we will not grow as much as they did. Space is fashionable today.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Return to Main Forum