Update on the health of Consul Lucius Curtius Philo

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Update on the health of Consul Lucius Curtius Philo

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:02 pm

P. Iunius Brutus Cen. omnibus in foro S.P.D.

This is an important message regarding the health of our Consul, L. Curtius Philo, one of the founders of the RR and a man I regard as a personal friend and mentor (http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... 20Philo/23).

Many citizens may have noticed that Consul Philo was last seen posting during May of this year (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1992&p=9652&hilit=surgery#p9641). At this time he was post-op after a very major surgery which removed part of his lung. Since this time I have been periodically in contact with one of his relatives.

It recently come to light that our honorable Consul has had a stroke. This has left him unable to speak or move. This is the reason for his lack of activity. Although the Consul is alive, he is for obvious reasons unable to conduct his duties as Consul as we would all wish due to his relative incapacitation.

I hold out hope that the health of the Consul will improve. But with this said, a full return of the Consul to an activity level seen in the past appears unlikely over the intermediate term. This was made clear by the family member who delivered this news. Obviously, this is a tragic loss for our Republic. Dear Philo is one of the most skilled scholars on the CDR and our first face-to-face meeting in Istanbul within the Basilica cistern directly led to the RR being founded.

May the citizens of the RR hold Consul Philo in their prayers. I have already conducted a ceremony to Minerva and Asclepius in this regards on his behalf.

In regards to the operation of the Republic, I have spoken with Consul Curio regarding this news a few days ago. I suggested that he liaise with the Comitia Curiata and Senate to determine the best path forward regarding the stewardship of the RR due to these unfortunate events. I hope all citizens can wait for his leadership and guidance moving forward.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: Update on the health of Consul Lucius Curtius Philo

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Sal.

This news deeply saddens me.

Philo introduced me to the respublica. I am a citizen because of him.

I hold out hope for a full recovery. Incense was just kindled upon my altar for such an appeal.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Return to Main Forum