My personal thoughts on the RR and the months-year ahead

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

My personal thoughts on the RR and the months-year ahead

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:54 am

P. Iunius Brutus Cen. Sal.

We are in the home stretch of this L. Curtio L. Aurelio year with October now upon us.

The current team of magistrates has only a few "must do" responsibilities left... This is mainly electing magistrates for next year starting this month and holding the Ludi Plebeii in November.

Now it would be a massive shame if the ambitions of this year come to a close with these minimal tasks. Much more should be accomplished, and many promises made by leading magistrates have gone unfilled so far. So as a citizen of the res publica I hope to see this year be remembered for more than what has been accomplished thus far. I have much hope left for the next 100 or so days.

But as a former Consul and one of the first financial backers of the RR, I feel compelled to now start looking ahead. The RR has a lot of exciting work to do over the next 18 months. I do not think it unreasonable to aim for the following by December 2018:

- An online storefront
- Dedicated monthly face-to-face meetings online and offline for members
- The establishment of altars (yes more than one)
- The establishment of a functioning reenactment legion organization
- The publishing of a book of all main CDR daily ceremonies (my personal project which the sacerdotes have been assisting with)
- The publishing of an intro to the CDR text
- Increasing links with other online and offline communities that share our goals
- Start of classes at http://academiaminervalis.org

In October we will start electing our first batch of magistrates for 2018. This will continue until December. Roughly the schedule will look like this according to our regulations:

- Oct-Nov - Plebeian Aediles and Tribunes elected for 2018
- Nov - Curule Aediles and Quaestores elected for 2018 (note Quaestors start their term in early December)
- Nov-Dec - Consules and Praetores elected for 2018

As an organization, we need to start thinking about building a strong team. We need people who are willing to take the bull by the horns and build. We have so many great ideas. The forums, chat rooms, video chat, email, etc. is bursting with great ideas. We need to start translating the best of the best of these ideas into achievable and clear goals. This is how we founded this organization in T. Flavio P. Iunio cos. (2016).

No one person can make all this happen. We need people who are willing to take on one project and get it moving on the ground and to stick with it for 12 glorious months. We need a team next year that will do even more delegating of tasks and identification of special talents held by our membership. Collectively we can each make these goals a reality. But only by not being shy about leading both on the ground practically with projects and as a strong team.

Think about the goals of the Roman Republic and the part you can play in making it a reality. Think of those you know who are able to assist and would be a good fit. Together let's build a team that will achieve the stated list of goals above ahead of time and go beyond.

I know for a fact we have the talent in this organization. We need only organize such talent and foster the skills of those able to lead the group.

My two denarii for the year ahead.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: My personal thoughts on the RR and the months-year ahead

Postby Tiberius Iulius Nerva » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Salvete omnes!

I accept Brutus call so I annouce my candidature for the office of quaestor.

I know that I have limit on English language skill, but in office I will do best I can.
We really need active western and middle european part of our organization beside USA and Russia.

Our main goal must be build provinces with good leading persons and active citizens. We dont need
governors who have this only as some kind of online game. Every governor must contact citizens in his area and try build
a community. Nova Roma shows that real life community in regions are true pillar.

Many thanks to those who will support me in the upcoming elections.

It will be great commitment for me.

Valete bene!
Tiberius Iulius Nerva

Postby Gaius Florius Aetius » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Great post, Sir! As good as my health allows I will support this work. I have just recently added a "basic ritual structure" post. You can use or modify any part of it, it you find it useful. I look forword to all of us becoming more active soon! :)
Advice is judged by results, not by intentions.

- Cicero
Gaius Florius Aetius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Sal.

I agree.

I will make it my mission to see that an online store project is actually started within the remainder of my term. I hope others will join me in making this happen.

If I were to start my term over I would distinctly set out three or four goals and appoint a magistrate one project each which they carry sole responsibility. We failed in delegating. I and the other consuls and praetors should shoulder the blame of this error. We have let the Republic down.

I will do my best with whatever time left I have in office. I hope this at least in part makes up for this transgression.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Return to Main Forum