CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Re: CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

Postby Paullus Aemilius Gallus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 am

Salvete,

Same here. I didn’t get any message and I’m not able to vote.

By the way Hyacinthus, I’m a little confused and maybe you can help me…
You have been endorsed by 4 of our fellow citizens and it seems you are an "active citizen" but you have posted only 6 messages all related to this Plebeian Aedile position… What have you done for our Republic? From here, you don’t look really active (maybe an underground activity in the Roman Republic? Did I miss something?)
Also, since you don’t have any plan, can please give me a reason to vote for you.
Why do you want to be Plebieian Aedile if you don’t know yet what you want to do as an Aedile?
Thanks for your answer.

Vale ed valete,
Paullus Aemilius Gallus
Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Postby Tiberius Iulius Nerva » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:54 am

Fortunately I have link for the ballot from Lucius Aurelius Curio.

http://www.romanrepublic.org/civitas/welcome/voting/45/b62e3a318a53d869dc8b76ca840e2f6f
Tiberius Iulius Nerva

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 am

Yes - vote here if you are a pleb. http://www.romanrepublic.org/civitas/we ... ca840e2f6f

Let me know if you encounter problems.
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Tiberius Iulius Nerva » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:38 am

Well......Lucius Claudius Caesar has nothing too. As me and as Gallus.
Tiberius Iulius Nerva

Postby Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:47 am

"By the way Hyacinthus, I’m a little confused and maybe you can help me…
You have been endorsed by 4 of our fellow citizens and it seems you are an "active citizen" but you have posted only 6 messages all related to this Plebeian Aedile position… What have you done for our Republic? From here, you don’t look really active (maybe an underground activity in the Roman Republic? Did I miss something?)
Also, since you don’t have any plan, can please give me a reason to vote for you.
Why do you want to be Plebieian Aedile if you don’t know yet what you want to do as an Aedile?
Thanks for your answer."

Of course, and thanks for your questions. I can't say I didn't come into this expecting them.

In regards to the endorsements I received, they were for the most part simple character testimonies. A backing not based on a substantial background in service to the Republic, but based on the extent of their interactions with me in shared spaces. The lone exception to this would be Titus Aurelius Apollinaris' endorsement, which has the modest weight of my work as his scriba procuratorius behind it.

The reason I chose to put my name forward for the position of aedilis plebis is because I was made aware that the position was open, and didn't seem to be receiving much attention in the way of filling it. I saw this as an opportunity to put myself out there in service of the Republic at large, and attain a comprehensive, hands-on learning experience to familiarize myself with the inner workings of the organization. While it is somewhat accurate to say I don't have a plan, I must admit to being a bit imprecise in having said that. My plan is to learn; to learn about the position and the governing framework overall, to learn what must be done and how in order to fulfill the requirements and expectations of the office, and to learn how I may make things even better, if I can. My plan is to learn how to faithfully fulfill the office of aedilis plebis, and then to do so to the best of my ability. With the guidance of our good aediles, and those distinguished Romans who have seen me fit to bear their stamp of approval, pointing me always in the proper direction. That is the most I can promise, and I do hope it is enough.
| Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae, effective July 19th, 2017 | Aedilis Plebis, effective October 9th, 2017 |
Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Salvete Omnes,

This election is now closed. I request Lucius Livius Seneca, Quaestor Consularis, to act as Rogator for this election.

Valete,

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:56 am

L. Livius Seneca quaest. cons. P. Sextio trib. pleb. et omnibus plebeis sal.

In accordance with the censorial edict on rogatores suffecti, I, Lucius Livius Seneca, quaestor consularis, hereby accept the request put to me by P. Sextius Laevus, tribunus plebis, to serve as rogator suffectus for the voting taking place during the fifth session of the Comitia Tributa.

Vale et valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Dominus Prasinus
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 am

SALVETE!

Will the results of the election be posted soon?

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:48 pm

L. Livius quaest. cons. et rog. suff. Q. Furio trib. pleb omnibusque plebeis s.p.d

The election results have been tabulated, and I am simply waiting for P. Sextius to confirm them before announcing them publicly. Yesterday, unfortunately, P. Sextius informed me that he has been experiencing technical difficulties with his computer, preventing him from accessing the relevant data. He has also informed me that these issues should be resolved this weekend.

I apologize for the delay, and thank the Plebs for their patience thus far. Results should be available in the next day or so.

Vale et valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Dominus Prasinus
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Salvete Omnes,

I apologize for the delay. I have now gained access to the election results and have forwarded my comments to L. Lucius Seneca.

Valete,

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum