CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Salvete Omnes,

Session V of the Concilium Plebis is to be called to order on August 31st. All Plebians (members) are called to attend.

An Augur recognized by the Res Publica is requested to take the Auspices.

The location of this meeting will be on an online in the Main Forum in this thread.

The order of business is to elect a replacement Plebeian Aedile to complete the current term of office vacated by Postumus Galerius Galba.

The qualifications for the office of Plebeian Aedile are specified in LEX CURIATORUM: On the Plebeian Aediles, Section III.a: http://www.romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=232

Any Pleb (voting member) is asked to submit any additional items for the agenda by replying to this thread no later than August 30th.

The meeting will start on Aug 31st. Voting scheduled to begin Sept 7th and end Sept 17th.

Valete,

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Re: CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

Postby Gaius Cominius Laenas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:25 am

Avete!

Has this meeting started? Tribunes?
Gaius Cominius Laenas
Quaestor
Quaestor
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Salvete Omnes

The auspices have been unfavorable for opening the Concilium Plebis. We will delay while we await divine concent.

We will ask for auspices for PD III NON SEPT (Sept 3), which is the next possible 'C' date for Concilium.

Once favorable auspices have been received, the Concilium will be opened. Then those wishing to come forward to declare their candidacy for Plebeian Aedile may make it known.

Valete,

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:01 pm

CIVES REI PVBLICAE ROMANAE APPROPINQVATE ET AVSCVLTATE

With our thanks for the favorable auspices, the Concilium Plebis Session V is now called to order. All Plebeian Citizens are requested to draw near and attend to the business at hand.

Any Pleb who wishes to stand for election for Plebeian Aedile should now come forward in togata candida.

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 am

I, Tiberius (edit: now Manius) Ovidius Hyacinthus, wish to step forward as a candidate in the election for aedilis plebis.

If elected, this would be the second position I take as a member of the Roman Republic, the first being Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae. As such, I aim to treat this position as an opportunity to demonstrate my competence and reliability as a public servant.

I will leave it at that, simply and honestly. Gloria res publica!
| Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae, effective July 19th, 2017 | Aedilis Plebis, effective October 9th, 2017 |
Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:42 am

SALVETE!

Good to see the distinguished plebeian assembly back in order.

I strongly encourage citizens to consider the position of Plebeian Aedile. They play a fundamental role in our cultural activities and in maintaining the website.

You will serve until January 1, 2018.

Here is a description of the job.

a. To organize the ludi plebeii, ludi floraia, ludi cereales (ONLY LUDI PLEBEII REMAINS FOR THE YEAR)

b. To assist the praetor urbanus in organizing the Ludi Apollinares (DONE FOR THE YEAR)

c. To assist the consuls in organizing the Feriae Latinae (DONE FOR THE YEAR)

d. To publish edicts as determined by law and on issues dealing with trade of denarii

e. Responsible for assisting the Aranearius (webmaster) in the maintenance of the official
res publica website

f. To investigate and mediate complaints which are commercial in nature involving:
- Trade of denarii between:
1. At least one non-citizen
2. At least one societas
3. At least one elected magistrate without imperium
4. At least one non-elected magistrate or appointed official

g. To approve and revoke societas status for citizen groups

h. To monitor the trade of denarii within the res publica

i. To maintain the online public records of the res publica

j. To summon the Concilium Plebis

Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Titus Aurelius Apollinaris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 am

Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus wrote:I, Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus, wish to step forward as a candidate in the election for aedilis plebis.

If elected, this would be the second position I take as a member of the Roman Republic, the first being Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae. As such, I aim to treat this position as an opportunity to demonstrate my competence and reliability as a public servant.

I, T. Aurelius Apollinaris, would be honoured to endorse Ti. Ovidius Hyacinthus, that he might diligently fulfill the office of Ædilis Plebis. I have no doubt that Ti. Ovidius Hyacinthus will gracefully show us how capable and proficient he is, that he might inspire great productivity in the organization of Ludi, the mediation of conflict, and is of virtuous heart and mind.

May the Gods consent to his endeavor should they find him worthy.

T. Aur. Apollinaris, Proc. Nova Svecia
"Adolescentem verecundum esse decet" -Plautus
T. Aur. Apollinaris
Titus Aurelius Apollinaris
Governor of Nova Svecia
Governor of Nova Svecia
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus wrote:I, Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus, wish to step forward as a candidate in the election for aediles plebis.

I, Gaius Valerius Scipio support Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus proposal to become aediles plebis. From what I have seen he is a well spoken, level headed and determined individual. I think he will serve us well as one of our aediles plebis. I hope he brings honour to the Republic in the months to come if elected.

Vale Bene.

C Valerius Scipio, Curule Aedile.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 pm

My most emphatic thanks to Titus Aurelius Apollinarus and Gaius Valerius Scipio for voicing their support for me in the election for aedilis plebis! If elected, I vow to honor the endorsement of our aediles curules and give them no reason to doubt their decisions to support me. With their support and guidance I will do my best to make them, and all of you, proud. In the name of our great Republic!

Gloria res publica! Gloria maxima!
| Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae, effective July 19th, 2017 | Aedilis Plebis, effective October 9th, 2017 |
Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Salvete Cives!

I'd also like to place my support to Ti. Hyacinthus. He is a man of honor, an active citizen and someone I believe will take his job very seriously.

Vale,
C. Curtius Philo Aurelianus
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Next

Return to Main Forum