Writing Celebration of Jupiter 7th of October

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Writing Celebration of Jupiter 7th of October

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Salve brave and noble Romans one and all!!

So I have decided to celebrate the rites of Jupiter Fulgur (Jupiter of daytime lightning) and Juno Curitis on the seventh of October. Though along with giving offerings to Jupiter and Juno, I thought we could honour the Lord of Heaven with grand stories of valour and greatness, thus it came to me to have a writing competition. I have chosen this date to honour Jupiter as Gens Valeria has always held Jupiter in the highest of regards and therefore I thought it fitting to hold this on a day when rites are done to honour Jove and give everyone enough time to get writing, as I know all our lives can sometimes get a little hectic.

Yes, you read correctly. A writing competition, all who wish to enter must send me their completed works by the 7th of October at the latest, the prizes will be given out later that week.

Rules
- you can write a maximum of 10 pages and a minimum of 4.
- Write about anything related to Rome (ancient or modern), Jupiter, Juno or focusing on one of their respective attributes such as justice or marriage respectively.
-send to my email valeriusgaiusscipio@gmail.com
-please also add your Roman Republic name to the email so that I know who is who.

Prizes
-First place will receive 15 denarii.
-second place will receive 10 denarii.
-third place will receive 5 denarii.

May the Gods make all your endeavors successful and your lives triumphant.
Vale bene.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: Writing Celebration of Jupiter 7th of October

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 am

Brutus sal.

Great job! I am eager to help.

I will add 80 denarii to the first place winner.

May we all keep Father Iupiter in mind over the weeks leading up to this event held in recognition of his benevolence.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Sal.

Gratias Brutus, I greatly appreciate the charitable donation of denarii to this competition.

I hope to see wonderful work from everyone who is interested and that we can make this an annual event.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 pm

I want to remind everyone that the writing competition is still on for the 7th! :)
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Return to Main Forum