Thanks You, Sol Invictus

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Thanks You, Sol Invictus

Postby Gaius Claudius Quadratus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 pm

Salvete!

As the partial phase of the eclipse began near Columbia, South Carolina, there were many clouds in the sky and we were worried. But Sol Invictus responded to prayers and cleared out the sky so that we had a perfect view of the eclipse. Thank you, Sol Invictus.

Valete!
Quadratus
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Augur
Augur

Re: Thanks You, Sol Invictus

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 pm

L. Livius C. Claudio et aliis in foro sal.

No such luck here in Transborealis Silva Canadensis. It was grey and rainy all day. There were a few, small tantalizing breaks in the cloud-cover, but never in the right part of the sky. :(

Vale et valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Magister Collegi LatiniDominus Prasinus
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 am

Brutus sal.

I witnessed the solar eclipse within a clear blue sky in Pacifica Provincia. It was an impressive sight to behold.

Very much a sight reflecting and befitting of Sol Invictus.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:55 pm

L. Horatia Adamas C. Claudio Quadrato P. Junio Bruto L. Livio Senecæ omnibusque S.P.D.

We had a 72% partial eclipse, with at worst a high and thin overcast. Normally here any onetime celestial event occurs on cloudy, rainy, or snowy days; this clear weather was almost a first. I was unable to obtain the requisite eclipse glasses, but used a pinhole viewer to witness this event. Though the image was tiny, it clearly showed the crescent sun waning and waxing, and despite the sunny weather, it was markedly darker both inside and outside during the eclipse than before or after it. In a few years, if I am still alive and the clouds are at bay, we shall have a total eclipse. Hope to be there and witness that!

Valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 am

Hail Sol Invictus!

I had the blessing of being able to witness two minutes and forty seconds of TOTALITY and it was AMAZING! Definitely one of the most moving and spiritual moments of my life. To see totality is a feeling like no other I have ever known. I am so hooked now that I want to chase down the next total eclipse. Who wants to meet up in Argentina in July 2019? ;)

Blessings of Sol Invictus to all of you who had the chance to see the eclipse in North America and for those who were not here as well!
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 am

How do you forget seeing something like this in real life? Taking the glasses off at totality and seeing this with the naked eye... No words.
Attachments
57c9b722180000b429bcee9c.jpeg
57c9b722180000b429bcee9c.jpeg (24.16 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Sextus Decius Mus

Return to Main Forum