Oath of Office of the Decurio Aureliorum T. Aurelius Apollinaris

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Oath of Office of the Decurio Aureliorum T. Aurelius Apollinaris

Postby Titus Aurelius Apollinaris » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 am

Semper Salvete Aurelii Fratres Sororesque!
I declare in this forum that, by the jurisdiction charged in me by the Aurelian Assembly, I have positioned myself under Luna as She stood atop Her sacrosanct zenith at the prima vigilia noctis in Somersetia, provincial Nova Svecia (at 20:11 in Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.) I recited this Oath of Office:

"Salve Luna Bicornis! Luna Regina siderum! Glorious Silver Moon towering above me! You who once guarded with kind heart and strong hand the Eternal City and that still guards it till this day! Protector of the Roman People! Matron of Matrons! Silver lights goddess! As you have heard the pleas of romans of the past I beseech you to hear me this day and testify the taking of this most sacred Oath!

I, Titus Aurelius Apollinaris, take on today, with the first touch of your Divine Light, the mantle of Decurio of Gens Aurelia. In this capacity, I swear to be faithful to my Gens and serve it as long as it wishes for my service. I swear to protect the interest of my Gens before the Roman Republic, and do what I can to bring honor to Gens Aurelia.

With your Light, Radiant Moon, may you bless me and guide me through this journey, and may the Everlasting Heaven forever be pleased by and in favour of the Aurelian name. Let it be so!"
"Adolescentem verecundum esse decet" -Plautus
T. Aur. Apollinaris
Titus Aurelius Apollinaris
Governor of Nova Svecia
Governor of Nova Svecia
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: Oath of Office of the Decurio Aureliorum T. Aurelius Apollinaris

Postby Quintus Aurelius Vulscus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 am

majQa' 'ej Qapla'.

Good to see you doing well.

Strenght and Honor,

Quintus Aurelius Vulscus (Tel'peH)
The Klingon Roman Yodeller
Quintus Aurelius Vulscus

Re: Oath of Office of the Decurio Aureliorum T. Aurelius Apollinaris

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 am

Philo Aurelianus T. Aur. Apollonari Decurioni Suffecto S.P.D.

May your Mandate be one of great joy and growth for the Aurelii and the Republic. May you help ever shine the light of Luna and Sol upon the people of the City.

Vale
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Return to Main Forum