The Royal Ontario Museum

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

The Royal Ontario Museum

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 pm

L. Livius omnibus Quiritibus sal.

This weekend I had the great fortune once again to visit the Royal Ontario Museum in downtown Toronto, where I spent an entire afternoon immersed in the ancient world. The Egyptian gallery is, by far, the best (which is hardly surprising as the museum's founder was an Egyptologist), but there are plenty of interesting artifacts for the aspiring Hellene or Roman as well. Well worth the visit if you ever have the chance to go!

Valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Re: The Royal Ontario Museum

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am

Brutus sal.

Shame I just moved from the province and missed you. About five years ago I lived about 800 meters down the road from this museum. The ROM was one of my favorite local visits in Toronto. I agree with your assessment of the Egyptian gallery. Great pictures!

If you find yourself on the west coast do let me know!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: The Royal Ontario Museum

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 pm

L. Livius P. Bruto sal.

That's interesting, amice, because five years ago I too lived in Toronto, about 6 kilometers from the Museum! A pity we hadn't known each other then to take advantage of the proximity.

I don't often head West these days, as most of the family I had in British Columbia have since made their way to Ontario, but if I do find myself out there, I will certainly let you know. Likewise, should Fortuna should bring you to the Prairies, I would be honoured to entertain you.

Vale.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Return to Main Forum