COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV (1st - 15th SEXTILIS)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Re: COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV (1st - 15th SEXTILIS)

Postby Lucius Florius Brutus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Salvete

I agree with Laevus, Camillus and Philo. Though I've only been here a short time, I've seen Lupus show himself to be a very kind and very intelligent man, and I'm sure he'd do very well.

Valete
Lucius Florius Brutus

Postby Tiberius Flavius Malleolus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 pm

The people of Rome, I stand before you and state that I am putting forward my candidacy for the Quaestor of the Roman Republic.

As a member of the Roman community, I would like to plunge deeper into the world of everyday Roman life. I honor the Customs of our Аncestors, Roman virtues are not an empty phrase for me. I believe that one of the best ways to implement public Roman virtues and work as a magistrate. In addition, for me, as for the ancient Romans, the Cursus Honorum is a significant and very honorable element of Roman culture, so I would like to begin this glorious path by entering the first stage - the Questura.

For those who do not know me personally, I would like to tell a little about myself. I come from Sarmatia, I am a lawyer by profession and engaged in private legal practice. For many years, I have been engaged in historical reenactment, in particular, I hold the office of optio of Leg. XI C.P.F. I understand Roman history and culture, honour the Cultus Mithrae, and as you can see, unlike most Sarmatians, though with difficulty, but I can read and write in English. I meet all the requirements for a candidate for the Questura.

Valete bene,
Ti. Flavius Malleolus
Leg. XI C.P.F., optio
Tiberius Flavius Malleolus

Postby Gaius Flavius Aetius » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Salvete, Romani.

I am Gaius Flavius Aetius from province of Sarmatia and here I stand to declare, that I wish to stand for the position of Questor. I am new to the world of roman politics, but I am graduated as lawyer and also have some experience I economics, so I have skills, that can be very helpful for the Questor, because of his responsibilities, connected with welth of roman people and also I have finished my military service in Sarmatia(51st guards airborne regiment), so you can say, that I am good choice for this position even by the standards of our forefathers.

Accordingly to all that and to my undying wish to serve bona fide to our State and our People, to increase might of Roman Republic I hope, that people of Rome will choose me as one of their Questors.

Superi vos tueantur.
Sarmatia, Mosqua.
Airborne is an angel for 3 seconds, eagle for 2 minutes and draft horse for all the time after.
Gaius Flavius Aetius

Postby Quintus Vergilius Crassus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Greeting! I support Malleolus and Aetius. They are good citizens, I persanaly know Malleolus - great smart man. About Aetius a heard only good things.
Quintus Vergilius Crassus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm

I declare my candidacy for the position of the Quaestor.
My English is very bad so it`s difficult a lot for me to write a speach in English.
-------
Я, Тиберия Сальвия Альба, выдвигаю свою кандидатуру на пост Квестора.
Я много лет занимаюсь исторической реконструкцией, при этом я - заместитель руководителя нашего реконструкторского объединения Тита Флавия Севера. В нашем объединении я занимаюсь общими организационными вопросами, финансами и заведую ткацким производством. Я соответствую всем необходимым требованиям, что бы занять этот пост, а кроме того, у меня есть все необходимые знания и навыки для успешной работы в этой должности (с английским вот только у меня проблемы - зато честно).
Tiberia Salvia Alba

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

Альба, у меня просто нет слов... Через столько лет, ты все таки сподобилась занять какую-то публичную должность ((((= С английским мы как-то тебе поможем, не беда, если избирешься, то мы попросим тебя в провинцию откомандировать, будешь заниматься тем же, чем практически и занимаешься! Так держать! (приятный сюрприз, которого я не ожидал)

I sincerely support all the candidates who have responded to this moment, and are ready to contribute with their own labor and benefit to the common cause!
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Quintus Aurelius Vulscus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Salvete Roma!
I am Quintus Aurelius Vulscus. Though my Gens know me by another name Tel’peH the Roman Klingon.
I hereby accept the position of Quaestor.
Though I am fairly new to the Res Publica, I am no stranger to this type of Group. I am a member of the Klingon Assault Group, I am the leader of the local Chapter (captain of the local ship). I will use my experience growing my Klingon ship to grow the Texia province as well as the Res Publica itself. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the “Nova Roma Res Publica”.

Now, I hear you “but crazy Roman Klingon guy how are you going to accomplish growing your province and the Res Publica?” and here my answer

Simply, you have to put the group out there. We have to be more active both on and offline. More relevant posts online that can be shared with friends (i.e. recruitment flyers). Offline well thats where the fun begins events events events. Don't have any? You aren't looking. Everywhere there is a place to come together as citizens and promote the Res Publica, comic cons Ren fests, meetings at the local library where Roman history is discussed. So many things you can do.

As captain of my ship it is solely my responsibility to manage the finances of the ship. The same can be applied here as Quaestor. One of the responsibilities of the Quaestor assist the BD in managing the finances of the Res Publica. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, I used to manage restaurants finances and profit loss statements are a cinch. Another job that goes hand in hand is the monitoring of transactions in denarii easy enough. Make sure donations get translated to denarii and that transfers happen as they should. Being Klingon this is a job that should be done with honor.

Elections: now thats gonna be new to me there arent elections in the Empire. So my endeavor here will be to learn much about the elections and how they work and strive to carry out this function with honor.

I will also veto anything without honor, or that is not beneficial to the Res Publica.

In conclusion I thank you for the opportunity to serve the Republic in this capacity. This (electing me) will be a most glorious decision by the people.

Strength and honor,

Quintus Aurelius Vulscus
Tel’peH tai the Roman Klingon
Quintus Aurelius Vulscus

Postby Lucius Florius Brutus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Salvete

I hadn't planned on writing a speech for the quaestorship, but it appears that, perhaps, I ought to. I was a member of my high school Latin Club for two years, winning several awards at the state Junior Classical League convention, and was one of the two Consuls who managed the club. I am now going into a small college specialized in philosophy, for which I have read the Iliad, the Odyssey, the Oresteia, several works by Plato, and some of Plutarch's Lives. I am confident that I can carry out the duties of Quaestor to the benefit of the Roman Republic.

Valete
Lucius Florius Brutus

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:41 am

L. Livius quaest. cons. omnibus candidatis et Quiritibus in foro s.p.d.

I am delighted to see so many Quirites eager to take their first steps upon the cursus honorum in service of the Senate and People of Rome.

Our last round of elections, however, was a resounding chorus of pious calls for nobility, duty, service, etc., all of which largely failed to produce appreciable fruit: of such loftily spoken candidates, our Republic has already endured the desertion of an aedile and a quaestor, as well as the dereliction of two other aediles. As such, I am curious to hear from those who have stepped forward to replace them, what specific goals—if any—they have for the short time left in their suffect terms. Do the candidates have any concrete projects they wish to accomplish before the next round of elections are upon us?

Valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 am

Lucius Livius Seneca wrote:L. Livius quaest. cons. omnibus candidatis et Quiritibus in foro s.p.d.

I am delighted to see so many Quirites eager to take their first steps upon the cursus honorum in service of the Senate and People of Rome.

Our last round of elections, however, was a resounding chorus of pious calls for nobility, duty, service, etc., all of which largely failed to produce appreciable fruit: of such loftily spoken candidates, our Republic has already endured the desertion of an aedile and a quaestor, as well as the dereliction of two other aediles. As such, I am curious to hear from those who have stepped forward to replace them, what specific goals—if any—they have for the short time left in their suffect terms. Do the candidates have any concrete projects they wish to accomplish before the next round of elections are upon us?

Valete.

SALVETE!

Aye, this is also my primary concern. What are your plans in detail between September and December?

Actions speak louder than words.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum