COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV (1st - 15th SEXTILIS)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV (1st - 15th SEXTILIS)

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Salvete Omnes,

Auspices were taken by Augur C. Claudius Quadratus, he reported them as favorable. In my capacity as the presiding magistrate, I announce this assembly AVES ADMITTVNT!

The fourth session of the Comitia Tributa is now called to order. All citizens are called to attend.

The order of business is as follows:

I. Election of TWO Curule Aedile (responsibilities of this office are outlined here: download/file.php?id=233)
II. Election of THREE Quaestores(responsibilities of this office are outlined here: download/file.php?id=250)
III. Ratification of LEX CURIATORUM - On the creation, modification and governance of provinces (Senate discussion found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1932)

I will be the presiding magistrate of this meeting in my capacity as Consul. Rogator shall be Quaestor L. Livius Seneca for this Assembly.

All elected positions are suffectus, as they are replacements for magistrates who resigned. Curule Aediles shall serve until January 1, 2771, and the Quaestores shall be in office until December 6th of this year.

Please announce candidacy on this thread.

Voting is scheduled to begin 8th of Sextilis and end 15th of Sextilis.

Valete,

L. Aurelius Curio
Consul Minor
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV (1st - 15th SEXTILIS)

Postby Lucius Florius Brutus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Salve

How are we to find out who the candidates for those positions are? Also, I can't get your links to work...

Vale
Lucius Florius Brutus

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 am

Salve, L. Brute!

Yes, there is a problem with the way the forum handles links. To get the links to work, you have to add http://www.romanrepublic.org/forum/ before them.
The candidates have to be announced during the session. For example, you could run for Quaestor, which is the entry into the Cursus Honorum. After having been Quaestor you qualify for Aedilis, then for Praetor and then for Consul.
Actually it would be a good idea, if you ran for Quaestor. Think about it! At the moment there is no other candidate. This should give you a good chance to be elected.

Vale!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Florius Brutus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:44 am

Salvete

Thank you, Lupe, for the information and advice. I've got all the links working now.

I declare my candidacy for the position of Quaestor

UTI ROGAS on the Lex Curiatorum

Valete
Lucius Florius Brutus

Postby Titus Aurelius Apollinaris » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:48 am

Salvete, I am T. Aurelius Apollinaris, Procurator of Nova Svecia and a Sacerdos Apollinis, who has just now received the honor of introduction. I would like to express sincere gratitude from the bottom of my heart to all of my fellow Romans for listening to what I humbly wish to convey.

Regarding the COMITIA TRIBUTA - SESSION IV elections which began on Kal. Sext., there is an unique finding to be recognized; of the performance of the Forum government, and how efficiently it is made to function, but only through dedicated individuals who believe in what the Roman Republic symbolizes... A phoenix out of the ashes, rising up in all its fiery glory, existing with the purpose to revivicate and reinstall the most excellent virtues, as seen and lived by our Roman forefathers.

I have worked hard with my brothers and sisters in Gens Aurelia to raise ourselves to be more capable citizens in our labour for a stronger and more accomplished Roman Republic, a Republic that might make our ancestors smile. It was only on November 25th, did I receive the honour of being a Roman; and quickly, I made many friends, and even more so, I was granted the feeling that this is where I belong... yet, when through various discussions in the forum and in the Roman Republic Facebook group, as well as, my noticing that we need more individuals to take charge and lead us into an even more responsive, quick acting, and noble form.

Among many people, the following idea prevails: it's fine to get moderate happiness through moderate efforts. However, I dare say, that's not good enough! Our Roman forefathers conquered half of the known world!!! Let us work hard, to do our best, and as a result, let me aim to create an atmosphere that might inspire affluency.

I personally find that it is possible for one to neglect and fail their people and office, due to false pride in political initiatives. Though, fulfilling ones term in office and committing himself for the benefit of the unyielding peoples of the Roman Republic, is of upmost importance to me. Should you vote for me as Curule Ædile, I will act in the best interest of the Roman Republic, and will labour for your benefit, while always keeping in the heart of my heart, said virtues.

Will you give me your vote, that I may carry out a successful term as Curule Ædile? In the hopes that we may become exceptionally able and far-reaching, will you give me the honour so that we, the respectable peoples of this virtuous Republic, can continue to carry out our calling to reawaken a Rome for a modern day?

With this appeal from the centre of my heart, and by the unconquerable name of Dius Fidius, I conclude my speech. I would like to express my deepest appreciation from the bottom of my heart to all of you who would consider me.

Lastly, on the Ratification of LEX CURIATORUM, I vote VTI ROGAS.

Gratias Vobis Ago.
"Adolescentem verecundum esse decet" -Plautus
T. Aur. Apollinaris
Titus Aurelius Apollinaris
Governor of Nova Svecia
Governor of Nova Svecia
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 am

All voting will take place through a ballot sent out on the 8th of Sextilis. This will be for the election and voting on LEX CURIATORUM.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:30 am

Salvete citizens of Rome!

I am Gaius Valerius Scipio and wish to make it known that I desire to stand for the position of Curule Aedile. This does not come from lofty aspirations but with the deepest and purest wish to stand and represent the people of the Republic, many of whom I have come to know well and have told me of their dreams and lives.

We have had trials and tribulations of that there can be no doubt, we have all fought hard to keep the Republic the place we have all come to know and love. Within the Republic resides the spirit of greatness something we have all seen with our own eyes, akin to our Roman ancestors who would not yield to Pyrrhus or Hannibal.

I wish to aid the Republic, through keeping with our ideals of Romanitas and my want to serve the citizens of the Republic.I feel that I can do this best by becoming Curule Aedile, though I leave this decision to you good people for I have your best interests at heart and want nothing more than to help us move towards a golden age. As Curule Aedile, I will seek to increase our strength, hopefully see an increase in those that can speak Latin. These are but a few of the goals I wish to bring to fruition

In the name of Jupiter Optimus Maximus and Mars Ultor I make my case, I hope that you will consider my words and choose me to be your Aedile.

Gratias tibi ago.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 am

Sal.

As Praetor, I urge one of our founders and patrician citizen Gaius Florius Lupus to run for office.

Over the last several months, he has taken on the administration of the Collegium Philosophicum and shown himself most committed. I am keen to see what he could do for our burgeoning Republic.

Lupus? Do you hear the call of the people?
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Caeso Cispius Laevus wrote:Sal.

As Praetor, I urge one of our founders and patrician citizen Gaius Florius Lupus to run for office.

Over the last several months, he has taken on the administration of the Collegium Philosophicum and shown himself most committed. I am keen to see what he could do for our burgeoning Republic.

Lupus? Do you hear the call of the people?

SALVETE!

I'm keen to second this call. Lupus is a fine citizen and would make a dandy of a magistrate.

VALETE.
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:57 pm

I agree fullheartedly with K. Laevus and Camillus. Lupus is a blessing to our Republic and should most certainly run.

On the already presented candidates, I must give my full support to T. Aurelius Apollinaris and C. Valerius Scipio. I have talked much to both of them and see in them the potential for proactivity and efficiency. Apollinaris has helped Gens Aurelia organize itself and has provem to be invaluable in our efforts. Scipio has been a lone active voice in South Africa, that really demonstrated drive and will to expand the RR in his region. I think both deserve a chance and would make us all proud.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Next