Withdrawing from the office of Curule Aedile

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Withdrawing from the office of Curule Aedile

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Citizens, this spring I was promoted at work. I was happy to receive such a privilege. But sadly it also means my spare time is much more limited. I'm afraid this has limited my ability to serve as Curule Aedile in a capacity that the people of the Republic deserve.

I spoke to my good friend and mentor Brutus about this matter this morning. I believe it is in all of our best interests for me to resign as Curule Aedile at this time.

It was an honor to have your trust. I hope that when I have more spare time I can serve again to the fullest of my abilities. Until an election is formally called I shall continue to fulfill the obligations of the office. I do this to limit any distruptions resulting from this resignation.
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: Withdrawing from the office of Curule Aedile

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 pm

We are sorry to see you go, but as you said it's in best interest of the Reoublic. I hope to see you take up office again when it's in the cards. I wish you the best in all you do. I'll add a second Curule Aedile to the docket for tomorrow
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:26 pm

L. Livius princeps Liviorum M. Livio sal.

I'm sad to see you leave office, but very glad to hear of the new prosperity in your life, cousin! I do hope that, despite your withdrawal from public affairs, you will, nevertheless, still be around to share in the common life of the Republic.

If I can be of assistance to you in any way, do let me know, care gentilis.

Vale.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:28 am

Marcus Livius Horatius wrote:Citizens, this spring I was promoted at work. I was happy to receive such a privilege. But sadly it also means my spare time is much more limited. I'm afraid this has limited my ability to serve as Curule Aedile in a capacity that the people of the Republic deserve.

I spoke to my good friend and mentor Brutus about this matter this morning. I believe it is in all of our best interests for me to resign as Curule Aedile at this time.

It was an honor to have your trust. I hope that when I have more spare time I can serve again to the fullest of my abilities. Until an election is formally called I shall continue to fulfill the obligations of the office. I do this to limit any distruptions resulting from this resignation.

Brutus Cen. sal.

Amice, it is sad to see you go. But I know you have the best interests of your family and respublica in mind. No one can fault you for making such a noble call. As always, I look forward to working with you further in the years to come.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Marcus Livius Horatius wrote:Citizens, this spring I was promoted at work. I was happy to receive such a privilege. But sadly it also means my spare time is much more limited. I'm afraid this has limited my ability to serve as Curule Aedile in a capacity that the people of the Republic deserve.

Sal.

I am sad to see you go. You did a reputable job. Good luck with work and I hope to still see you serving as able.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Return to Main Forum