My return to active service

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

My return to active service

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:30 am

Brutus Cen. sal.

I have been away for the last month or so for two reasons;

I. On Id. Iun. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos. my wife, citizen L. Hostilia Scaura gave birth to our second child and first son, Cn. Iunius Brutus. I am ecstatic to announce both baby and mother are well.

II. Over the last month, I have relocated my family from the province of Nova Gallia to the shores of the Pacific Ocean in the province of Pacifica. This was a huge logistical challenge, particularly with a new born. I hope to seek the governorship of this province if the esteemed Senate wills it.

Things are now settling down. I shall be returning to my regular duties here in the Roman Republic.

If there is anything I can do to serve please send me a message. Particularly any website updates pending should be forwarded to me.

I thank my good friend and colleague, Censor T. Flavius Severus for holding down the fort of the Censorial office during my leave. He has been particularly excellent in approving new citizenship requests.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: My return to active service

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 am

L. Livius P. Bruto sal.

I am glad to learn that all is well with your domus, P. Brute, and am even more joyous to hear that you are in a position to step back into public life. Your presence was very much missed, and I look forward to the certain fruit we shall witness from your return.

Be assured that I am ever at your service, honourable censor.

Vale.

P. S. If you have a chance to rename the "Collegium Latinae" to its new, improved title of "Collegium Latinum" (both on the main website, and the forum), we Latinists we be most obliged. Gratias ago.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am

Sal.

Thank you! The name of the Collegium Latinum has been updated!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 am

Collegium Philosophiae also needs changing to Collegium Philosophicum.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Welcome back, my dear friend! Thank you for the flattering feedback about my efforts! It is gratifying to hear that your family matters were resolved in the best way, and once again I congratulate you on such a happy event in your family as the birth of a child - son!

I, as Censor, am sincerely glad and happy from the realization that the ranks of the Roman Republic are being replenished not only at the expense of applications for citizenship, but also in the most real - natural way! It's really delicious! This is evidence not only of the success of our undertaking, but of commitment to Roman values ​​and the common cause!
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Welcome back Brutus!

Good that you are returning back to the Roman Republic and we are all overjoyed to hear about the birth of your son so congratulations are in order on that front. Severus has indeed been doing an excellent job and we are excited to see the Republic reach new heights.

May the Gods be good.
Vale.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 am

Ave Iuni Brute Censor!

Good to see that you are back and it is fascinating how you managed to bring the life back to this forum.
As Curtius Philo already mentioned, our collegium also had a name change from Collegium Philosophiae to Collegium Philosophicum. Can you do this?
The Plebeian Aedile Aurelius Augustus who reviewed our new bylaws had no administrative access to the website. So he was not able to change the bylaws to the new Latin version. Can you grant him access or change the bylaws of our collegium yourself along with deleting the old link to Cassia's old website?
Optime vale!
C. Florius Lupus
Attachments
Constitutio.doc
New Bylaws of the Collegium Philosophicum
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:25 pm

SALVE!

Great to have you back you feisty sprite!

As Lupus correctly notes, you seem to single handily inspire many others back to Rome. Astounding!

VALE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 am

Gaius Curtius Philo wrote:Collegium Philosophiae also needs changing to Collegium Philosophicum.

Done!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:44 am

Gaius Florius Lupus wrote:Ave Iuni Brute Censor!

Good to see that you are back and it is fascinating how you managed to bring the life back to this forum.
As Curtius Philo already mentioned, our collegium also had a name change from Collegium Philosophiae to Collegium Philosophicum. Can you do this?
The Plebeian Aedile Aurelius Augustus who reviewed our new bylaws had no administrative access to the website. So he was not able to change the bylaws to the new Latin version. Can you grant him access or change the bylaws of our collegium yourself along with deleting the old link to Cassia's old website?
Optime vale!
C. Florius Lupus

Could we get a copy of these bylaws in English as well? This is one of the requirements: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wi ... mples.html
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Next