Unity Amongst Romans

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

Unity Amongst Romans

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 am

Curio Sal.

It is one of my proudest moments as Consul of the Roman Republic to announce that we have come to an agreement with two of the Roman groups that we share a community with. After months of talks and debates on how best to make this work, we have reached a consensus of unity and friendship with Res Publica Romana (RPR) and Nova Roman (as the non-corporate Res Publica of the citizens of Nova Roma). This unity amongst Roman groups in unprecedented amongst our community, and I am proud to see this truly momentous occasion come about. Entailed in this agreement, is promises of no more bickering between groups and cooperative efforts on future projects that will be decided upon by the leadership of each group.

Now then, while this is not all of the groups, it is my hope that by year's end we reach an agreement with the other groups for unity and cohesion for the betterment of our community and future Roman generations.

Optime Valete!

L. Aurelius Curio
Consul Minor
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: Unity Amongst Romans

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:57 am

C. Florius Lupus L. Aurelio Curioni Consuli salutem plurimam dicit.
Ave!

Nuntium magnificum est! Did you negotiate this cooperation with the other groups, Consul? Gratias tibi et dis immortalibus qua re! This is a truly historical moment on our way to bring the global Roman community together. Are there any projects in preparation yet that we will do together? The TEMPLVM.ORG project is probably already something where we are all working together.

A good idea would also be to come to an agreement with RPR and NR about a common Collegium Pontificum. So we would have an institution for all Romans together.

Gloria Imperio Romano!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 am

L. Livius Seneca quaest. L. Aurelio cos. omnibusque Quiritibus sal.

A truly impressive and welcome announcement, consul! I can only guess at the immense amount of effort such an agreement must have required. I do hope we can expect to see some formal recognition of this great diplomatic achievement by all parties.

Vale et valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Gaius Claudius Quadratus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:20 am

Salvete!

I have always advocated unity and inclusiveness. We are all Romans and should work together for the betterment of our nation. As a magistrate of "non-corporate" Nova Roma (the only real Nova Roma, as far as I am concerned) I am pleased Concordia has smiled upon us.

Valete!
C. Claudius Quadratus
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Salvete!!

This is indeed a wondrous moment not only for the Republic but for Consul Curio as well, this agreement that you have brought about must not have been easy or swift but I praise the Gods that we can can finally have unity among some of the Roman groups, this without a doubt be an important step in the future of the Republic and all Roman groups in general.

Valete!
C. Valerius Scipio
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 am

Brutus Cen. Sal.

Momentous!

I look forward to seeing how this develops! May the Republic and all parties continue forward with good faith and industriousness.

May Concordia and Iupiter smile upon us all.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 pm

SALVETE!

I love sugar plums and warm fuzzies as much as the next guy. But I will applaud this announcement when I see more than words but real positive action from these tiny groups that have shown little but contempt for this noble community. Some signatures on a document would be nice too...

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Lucius Florius Brutus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Salvete!

This certainly seems to me to be a wonderful time to be joining this community, when we seem to be moving towards unity and our very first temple!

Would someone please explain to me what "non-corporate" Nova Roma is? Are there two Nova Romas?

Valete!
Lucius Florius Brutus

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:31 am

L. Livius quaest. cons. L. Florio sal.

Many years ago, Nova Roma registered itself as a non-profit corporation in the State of Maine, with the magistrates serving as corporate officers. In the last few years, however, a major schism within the community led to the formation of a parallel set of magistrates who claim to be the true government of Nova Roma, but without any official relationship to the non-profit corporation, which remains under the control of two declared enemies of the Roman people.

Thus, two groups currently claim to represent "Nova Roma:" one which controls the corporation and its legal assets, and the non-corporate government "in exsilio," with which our Republic has formed this agreement.

Vale.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Corporate Nova Roma does not exist anymore as an organization, only as a non-profit corporation in Maine. It has no magistrates anymore, only a CFO (Sulla). Their last magistrate was censor Placidus who is now one of the four consular tribunes (tribuni militum consulari potestate) of non-corporate NR. The official Yahoo mailing list is also under control of the consular tribunes
The non-corporate branch is the only Nova Roma that is currently existing. "Corporate NR" is nothing but a P.O.Box company that exists only on paper in the state Maine. It is dead and would legally not survive an audition, if someone would demand it.
Valete!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Next

Return to Main Forum