COMITIA TRIBVTA SESSION IV - Called To Order

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

COMITIA TRIBVTA SESSION IV - Called To Order

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 am

Salvete Omnes,

The fourth session of the Comitia Tributa is to be called to order starting on Kal. Sextilis. All citizens are called to attend.

The order of business is as follows:

I. Election of TWO Curule Aedile (responsibilities of this office are outlined here: download/file.php?id=233)
II. Election of THREE Quaestores (responsibilities of this office are outlined here: download/file.php?id=250)
III. Ratification of LEX CURIATORUM - On the creation, modification and governance of provinces (Senate discussion found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1932)

I will be the presiding magistrate of this meeting in my capacity as Consul. No campaigning or declarations to run for Curule Aedile or Quaestor are to be announced until the assembly meeting begins on Kal. of Sextilis.

Voting is scheduled to begin 8th of Sextilis and end 14th of Sextilis.

Valete,

L. Aurelius Curio
Consul Minor
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: COMITIA TRIBVTA SESSION IV - Called To Order

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Salvwte Quirites!
Why are we electing only one Curule Aedile? Horatius is permanently absent. We shluld elect two.
Valete!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Curio Lupe Sal.

I understand your concern regarding this. However, regardless of his absence we need to follow procedure. As an elected magistrate we need to call Senate to initiate his removal, then call Comitia Tributa to ratify his removal from office. We must be careful never to create a precedent where a person chosen by the people could be randomly removed without due process. That may seem logical in our current situation, but if it is done it could be used as an excuse to do so again during an inappropriate moment, for political or malicious reasons. We must strive to keep the RR safe from that sort of thing.

My focus, and the focus of the current magistrates, is to get at least Curule Aedile in office. Until such a time we can remedy Horatius absence, either myself or Praetor Celsus will help however we can to assure the Curule Aedile office returns to normal operations.

Optime Valete!

L. Aurelius Curio
Consul Minor
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Due to the resignation of Curule Aedile Horatius, I have added a second position of Curule Aedile to be elected during the upcoming election
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Ave Consul!
The proper procedure has been followed. This is the Roman way.
Gratias tibi, Consul!
Vale!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:21 am

Salve Consul!

I concur that we should rather make sure that the proper steps are followed with this, in this way as Florius said, it is the Roman way and these are processes that will ultimately safeguard the Republic.

Vale
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Return to Main Forum