New Roman Republic Instagram

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

New Roman Republic Instagram

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:25 am

Salve Amice!

It has been awhile since i've been in the forums and for that I do apologise. Life decided to drop a lot of unneeded drama into my life which I needed to sort out but I am back and will hopefully be able to do more for the Roman Republic.

In fact I have decided to restart our Roman Reublic instagram page (hopefully some of you will have seen this on the facebook page), seeing as a previous member of the republic could not, hand it over. So I went and started my own. It's important that we have a media presence on as many platforms as possible to not only spread information about our goals and community but to attract new members to our ever expanding (and if i do say so myself glorious) Republic. As Julian the philosopher said, "We ought to share our goods with all men." With this statement I agree whole heartedly.

I will try to weekly update the instagram be it concerning decisions made in the senate meetings, competitions put forth by members of the Republic, devotions to the Gods or even pictures about ancient Rome. I hope that this project may go forward with the blessing of the senate, our illustrious Consuls and the community.

Vale bene.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: New Roman Republic Instagram

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 am

It is called the res pvblica romana, in case anyone was wondering.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:07 pm

This looks like a pretty nice project!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm

I have somehow been able to push the instagram group up to 156 followers so far and there seem to be a lot of people that actively come onto the website and are curious about the Republic. I'm not sure if its helping to guide people to the Republic but I think it's a worthwhile project and will continue with it.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Brutus sal.

This is great!

Please feel free to link to the RR Facebook group and here at the forum.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Publius Iunius Brutus wrote:Brutus sal.

This is great!

Please feel free to link to the RR Facebook group and here at the forum.

Salve

I have already linked it to the Forum but I will also add the RR Facebook group link. Hopefully I can get to 200 followers by the end of the month.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Return to Main Forum