Intercessio of the Tribune

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo

Intercessio of the Tribune

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Tue May 16, 2017 1:21 am

SALVETE!

As tribune I will issue an intercessio against this edict issued by Censor Severus.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1967

I will issue this intercessio in 24 hrs if not reversed.

The content of this edict should be defined after debate by an assembly or by the Senate. Currently this edict is being used to justify the removal of several leaders of Collegia. This removal is not malicious in intent. But I do not believe it serves the interests of the people. These leaders being removed as a indirect consequence of this edict can reform bylaws that are problematic in many collegia.

I'm not against this edict in principle. I just think this matter is too heated at the moment to not go to a larger assembly first. I issue this request as a means of defusing the current political situation until the senate can meet and discuss my Collegia Reform Package.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Re: Intercessio of the Tribune

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Tue May 16, 2017 3:50 am

Quintus Furius Camillus wrote:SALVETE!

As tribune I will issue an intercessio against this edict issued by Censor Severus.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1967

I will issue this intercessio in 24 hrs if not reversed.

The content of this edict should be defined after debate by an assembly or by the Senate. Currently this edict is being used to justify the removal of several leaders of Collegia. This removal is not malicious in intent. But I do not believe it serves the interests of the people. These leaders being removed as a indirect consequence of this edict can reform bylaws that are problematic in many collegia.

I'm not against this edict in principle. I just think this matter is too heated at the moment to not go to a larger assembly first. I issue this request as a means of defusing the current political situation until the senate can meet and discuss my Collegia Reform Package.

VALETE!

Salvete Omnes

I support my colleague's intercessio. These discussions should go before the Senate and People of the Republic. The Collegii exist within the Republic and are formed within it and are not separate from the Republic. The relationship between these Collegii and the Republic is still developing.

I ask Censor Severus to voluntarily withdraw his Edict in the spirit of collegiality so that it may be civilly discussed in the public Forum and the Senate.

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Severus Cen. sal.

I stand firmly to what is expressed in the Edictum and that the only reason of the revocation is my deep respect to the office of the Tribuneship and my good will in seeing this be resolved in an amicable manner.

viewtopic.php?p=9585#p9585

Valete bene,
T. Fl. Severus
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Wed May 17, 2017 6:05 am

Titus Flavius Severus wrote:Severus Cen. sal.

I stand firmly to what is expressed in the Edictum and that the only reason of the revocation is my deep respect to the office of the Tribuneship and my good will in seeing this be resolved in an amicable manner.

viewtopic.php?p=9585#p9585

Valete bene,
T. Fl. Severus

SALVE!

My Censor, you are a true scholar and a gentleman. Thank you.

When you have a moment please read my proposals in the private senate forum regarding the collegia / societas matter.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Return to Main Forum