Edictum Praeturae: Removal of abandoned Collegia

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Edictum Praeturae: Removal of abandoned Collegia

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 am

The following Collegia are not in compliance with the recent Consular edict promoting collegium reform and are considered abandoned due to no leadership presenting themselves before the Praetores as requested since January. Therefore...

I. The leadership of the following Collegia is suspended:

Cultus Liberi et Liberae
Factio Prasina
Factio Veneta
Provinciae Italiae

II. No new members will be admitted into these Collegia mentioned in section I, until the status of each is voted upon by the Senate.

III. The fora of these Collegia mentioned in section I, if existing, are to be locked until status is voted upon by the Senate.

IV. At the next Senate meeting, it shall be proposed by the Praetores or Consules that these Collegia mentioned in section I, be dissolved by order of the Senate.

V. This edict hereby suspends the bylaws of the Collegia mentioned in section I., in order to allow for dissolution or reform.

VI. This edict is effective immediately and issued on VI Id. Mai. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Re: Edictum Praeturae: Removal of abandoned Collegia

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun May 14, 2017 6:26 pm

By order of CONSUL L. Aurelius Curio, this Edictum is vetoed in compliance with the Edictum Censorium of T. Flavius Severus Censor (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1967).

If any collegia wish to have any edict issued to help them sort out their bylaws problems, please contact Consul Curio or myself.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon May 15, 2017 11:19 am

Curio Sal.

I hereby withdraw my veto of this edict. Two of these collegia are leaderless, and considered as non compliant to the lex governing collegia. Factio Veneta leader hasn't been seen or heard from in a long time, and is considered absent.

If the leader of Factio Prasina wishes to, he may appeal to the Praetores to have Factio Prasina removed from this list as it does possess a singular leader.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Lucius Aurelius Curio wrote:Curio Sal.

I hereby withdraw my veto of this edict. Two of these collegia are leaderless, and considered as non compliant to the lex governing collegia. Factio Veneta leader hasn't been seen or heard from in a long time, and is considered absent.

If the leader of Factio Prasina wishes to, he may appeal to the Praetores to have Factio Prasina removed from this list as it does possess a singular leader.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio

Factio prasina is leaderless too. I resigned it a long time ago (in accordance with the edicts) but no aedile showed up to change my status.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Return to Main Forum