Unfortunate resignation

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Unfortunate resignation

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:21 pm

To whom it may concern;

I have pondered over this question in my head for some time. The matter of the situation in the Republic, regarding myself, my treatment, and the treatment of my friends here. I have now come to the conclusion that I am not welcome. It hurts. It really does. I thought I had found a welcoming community. I made many friends here. That being said, ever since I stood up for my friend Cassia and started up a group so I may work on a separate project with her I have been the target of a witch hunt of which I will not tolerate anymore. I lost my temper once, a week ago or so which I own. I talked out of anger. So I made a statement I was going to step back and remove myself from the drama but still perform my duties. Suddenly though:

My Procuratorship has come under question

I have been blocked from participating as a sacredos until I answer questions.

What I do in my free time has no bearing on here. No one has the right to question me on my other activities OUTSIDE the Republic. I have felt bullied, pushed around and talken down to like a child and I already work 64 hours a week, I do not need the stress, or the drama.
I have talked to Brutus in great detail about his concerns and apparently my answers were lacking. I tried to ensure him that my activities outside the Republic would have no bearing on the Republic itself. I tried to stress that I am allowed to keep whatever company I wish. I also tried to assure him that I would not quit without reason. Well. Here the reason is and before one even asks, no I did not go to a magistrate, because my issues have been coming from magistrates. Who am i to go to then. I asked myself, who watches the watchers?

I have been bullied by some of the chief magistrates becuase of my support for a friend, although thinly veiled in "friendship "

All of my posts within a week have come under attack in what I can only call a witch hunt because I was vocal in the support of my friend.

So those are my reasons. I did not want to do this. But I officially resign all posts held by me and will be retiring completely from the RR. I do not tolerate the behavior that I have seen these past weeks and frankly am appalled by the behavior of the magistrates. I cannot abide it any longer. This whole situation has let me see the true colors of many and many still shine with the love of Rome inside. I can only imagine this posting will be ripped to shreds by many and what is left of my name will be smeared in mud but I will not be there to see it. I wish you all the best of luck

Sincerely

Joshua Boyce
Numerius Antonius Paullus

Re: Unfortunate resignation

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Really mate? We hear word that your group is plagerizing our rites by giving the full rites off as if it was made by Cassia. We temporarily take away your access to the sacerdos subforum so we can sort everything out and you say you were blocked from beimg a sacerdos? You're full of half-truths and buzz, which is pretty sad to see... We treated you with respect and wanted simply to have a talk with you face to face to resolve all the things that have been said about your org. We hear of people there accusing CURIO of all people of being a nazi. We hear people accusing our organization of being hateful towards women. And it is funny to see the coincidence that all these things seem to have come from Your org... So yeah, we wanted to understand what was going on... We revoked NONE of your positions, we didnt attack you at ANY time, unless you count disagreeing with you as an attack. Sincerely, I don't even understand what reality you're in sometimes...
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 pm

L. Livius N. Antonio sal.

I entirely agree with your sentiment of your resignation, Antoni: unfortunate. It is unfortunate, as are the continuing rifts which the incidents of the last few weeks are creating within the body politic. I myself have chosen to avoid the topic of Cassia Longina lest more fuel be added to this rancorous fire; you, however, as Cassia's friend, had no such convenience.

You feel harassed and targeted by the magistrates, and your sentiments are not without cause. I fear I sense the insidious spectre of Nova Roma's "competing organizations" emerging once again, and for this reason, I would urge you to stay. We need loyal opponents to challenge, lest the Res Publica devolve into monolithic conformity. You ask "who watches the watchers," and I tell you: the people, in the persons of our Tribunes. Before casting aside all that you have gained here, I would urge you first to appeal to the Plebeian Tribunes to intercede for you against any magisterial predations.

I know we have not spoken before, but feel free to message me if you like, under the pledge of our common citizenship.

Vale.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Magister Collegi LatiniDominus Prasinus
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Seneca, we literally have shown no problem at all with any group before. We have consistently given out our hand in friendship to everyone and at most have criticized when we saw people being treated unfairly... Sincerely, Cassia's group is the Only group we ever showed weariness towards and with good reason. Look at all the things they are doing ajd saying. How can one not feel that there is ill will behind that? And even so we called them to talk. We asked to meet and discuss this face to face. We wanted to get this sorted out. But till now, nothing... And we still hear more and more rumors leaking from that group...

All we wanted was to talk, because people are feeling attacked and their reputation to be dragged down under hushed slander... Is that considered an inadequate response? We didnt remove ANYONE from anything. We didnt deprive anyone of any freedom given to all our citizens. All we did was limit a guy's access to a private subforum because we heard that Cassia was plagerizing our work and immediately followed to ask to talk with him to see if we can set this whole confusion straight...
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Curio Sal.

The decision to suspend his access to Sacerdotes subforum wasn't conducted by a magistrate, but by the Directors of the corporation. Their reasoning was that amidst being told Roma Aeterna was plagiarizing our ceremonies, it was best to seal off access temporarily to Paullus, given his close connection to the group. If they'd used them, and given the proper credit, this would've never have been an issue. These actions spit in the face of those Sacerdotes who researched and wrote them. So, I implore everyone, before comparing us to NR or yelling witch hunt, to ask questions. The schism created has not been because of the group themselves. The actions of their current leader are what draws this situation to occur. Slanderous lies and plagiarism is some of the injustices done so far. We still maintain our policy of open communication and cooperation with other Roman organizations. This has not changed, I still push for unity of all Romans with the other leaders. But we must also look after our citizens. If we did nothing against plagiarism, who among the Sacerdotes would want to keep doing that hard work, knowing it was merely going to be stolen anyways? Who would want to stay in our organization if we didn't speak out against lies being told that damage our organization? We applaud the goals Roma Aeterna strive for, but their leader is doing them no justice for cooperation between the Roman community.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Brutus sal.

Paullus has no respect for his citizenship and the community. His actions upon resigning demonstrate this. He does not even know who he is upset with before he starts accusing others of bad behavior. The magistrates had nothing to do with this. This was an act of the board of the RR. The board was protecting the assets of our community. Nothing more or less.

Here we are a team. He is upset because he is being questioned. Not accused. Not blaimed. Just questioned. A team needs to be able to ask questions and communicate openly to work well.

Why is he being questioned? Simple.

Paullus is a founder and co-leader of an organization called RA which has spread slanderous lies about our Consules calling many members of our community nazis and others such rubbish things.

We have also been notified that this same group has been stealing confidential resources from the sacerdotes forum without giving credit or asking for permission.

Why is this latter point an issue? Simple.

The Sacerdotes are writing two books for publication. Books that will help every cultor. The unauthorized distribution of this incomplete material is extremely injurious to our goals of publication. It is insulting to the hard work of the sacerdotes who are toiling towards this noble goal.

I'm very tired of the victim card being played by Cassia and now Paullus. In any other organization a member with access to confidential information who is associated with a group which has engaged in such activities would be questioned. Legal action would also be on the table. The notion of harassment is a persecutory fantasy that only aims to get everyone all inflamed and divide our community.It is a pathetic attempt. Zero chance of working. The citizens of the RR are more independent thinkers than this.

Paullus retained his citizenship until he resigned in a fit. Our legal process was made available to him. He had every opputunity to appeal as pointed out by Quaestor Seneca. But even before this time, we simply wanted to talk to him. He was obstructive with every question asked and needlessly hostile. Despite this he was never accused of being directly involved. But clearly we needed more information from him.

Paullus retained all his citizenship rights. He only lost access to the confidential information being distributed by his organization and in doing so hurting every member of the Roman Republic. We never assumed he was the person doing this. We merely wanted to have a face-to-face conversation with him. This simple request was disagreeable to him so he resigned. I find this suspect at best and incriminating at worst.

There is no notion of competition here. But there are concerns about the RA acting in bad faith by their recent theft and actions. The Roman Republic and its directors must protect our interests and investigate these matters. We would be negligent otherwise.

If Paullus does not like this fact I must say that is frankly his own personal problem. Zero relevance to the RR and its citizens.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Marcus Flavius Celsus » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am

I think anyone who have to say something - already did it.

In order to avoid further disputes that do not have favorable outcomes, I closing this topic.
Marcus Flavius Celsus
Praetor Urbanus
Praetor Urbanus
Senator
Senator
Governor of Sarmatia Pronvincia
Governor of Sarmatia Pronvincia

Return to Main Forum