PUBLIC DISCUSSION: Senate meeting (Session V)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Re: PUBLIC DISCUSSION: Senate meeting (Session V)

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Salvete Cives!

The 5th Senate Session is now closed. Your participation was valuable to the Senatorial Proceedings, thank you.

In accordance with our Mos Maiorum, I hereby present the attached report of the fifth session of the Senate.

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor

SenateSessionVReport.pdf
(109.91 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Mon May 29, 2017 11:44 am

C. Florius Lupus senatoribus et omnibus civibus S.P.D.

Salvete!
The Senate still seems to be in session, since the subject of the collegia is still discussed there.
As magister of the Collegium Philosophicum I have to note that the entire system does not work technically. A collegium is supposed to approve its own members. There is no way to do it. I do not even get informed about new applications, neither do I have the means to approve them. My own application got lost for a year. And apparently only the Aediles can add new members.
How can collegia be expected to be independent, when they do not have the technical means to operate alone? Apparently the title of "leader" is just honoris causa, without any real effect.
Before having endless theoretical discussions in the Senate about the collegia, the administrator or webmaster of this forum should first set them up properly with a control panel for the collegium.
A collegium would be totally unattractive for any Roman group that thinks about using our platform. They would currently have no control over their own affairs.
Valete!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon May 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Curio Lupe Sal.

I'm not certain where you're getting your information, amice. But Aediles are only meant to add or remove members in extreme situations (such as when Cassia never approve yours or Horatia applications). As a leader of Collegium Legis Romanae, I can attest to the ability to approve citizens who apply. A notification is sent your email saying an individual (will give you citizen's name) has applied to your Collegium. You hit the link in the email, log in with your Roman Republic login, and then you should be brought to a screen that says citizen has been approved. The email the notification is sent to is the same one you receive your daily digest and voting ballots at. I hope this clears up any confusion, amice. Please message me next time you have questions. I shall strive to do my best to answer them.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon May 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Lupe Amice, maybe you are not yet registered by the system as a leader of the collegium. Because if you were you SHOULD have this power, as Curio stated. Check if you are listed as the collegium's leader and if not ask the aediles to add you as one. After that you'll have full autonomy.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Salvete Omnes

Senate Session V is Closed.

Senate Session VI is still open as of May 29, 2017

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Previous

Return to Main Forum