Need to hire an assistant (Curator Censorius) to help the Censores

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo

Need to hire an assistant (Curator Censorius) to help the Censores

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:05 am

Brutus Cen. Sal.

The office of the Censores requires an assistant to help with updating our calendar at: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/calendar.html

The job will entail copying some sources on ancient festivals into the calendar for each day of the month. I shall provide the sources so no research is required.

It will require 1-2 hrs a month. You will be paid in denarii and be formally appointed to the Censorial Cohors as a Curator Censorius. In December you will get 56 denarii. I will add an additional 15 denarii to every month of the calendar satisfactorily updated.

This is a great way to get your feet wet in assisting with the management of the online aspects of the Roman Republic.

Apply by sending me a private message or responding to this message here.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: Need to hire an assistant (Curator Censorius) to help the Censores

Postby Quadratus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 am

Salve, Brute!

I've had some experience in calendar matters as well as in the taking of a Roman census, so if the Censura needs an assistant I hereby apply for the position.

Vale!
C. Claudius Quadratus
Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Quadratus wrote:Salve, Brute!

I've had some experience in calendar matters as well as in the taking of a Roman census, so if the Censura needs an assistant I hereby apply for the position.

Vale!
C. Claudius Quadratus

Salvete Brutus et Quadratus,

I support Quadratus to assist with the Calendar. He has produced and offered a most excellant one for this year, 2770 auc to which I refer every day at work. This calendar should be in the hands of every RR Citizen. I share its noted holidays with my co-workers through my Skype post.

The on-line calendar is very difficult to use as I have not found a way to upload information without using their tedious one item at a time messaging. Perhaps a more open form and a more Roman form would work better.

Valete
P. Sextius Leavus
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Quadratus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Salvete, Leave et omnibus!

Gratias tibi ago, Leave. I am happy to hear that you are making good use of the calendar. If anyone wishes a copy, it is available to citizens from the Roman Republic website. If there is difficulty in accessing it, just let me know so that I may forward you a copy. In a couple of weeks after I get back from Rome, I will start working on an edition for 2771, If anyone has suggestions for additions to next year's calendar or sees a need to correct something, please let me know.

Valete!
Quadratus
Quadratus

Return to Main Forum