Statement from the Desk of the Procurator Pacifica

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Statement from the Desk of the Procurator Pacifica

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 am

Salve!

Hello one and all! I stand here before you as Procurator Pacifica to ask you a question. Do you live in Pacifica? Do you want to take an active role in the Republic? Do you want to meet like minded people? Contact me! Let us work together to make Pacifica a shining emerald in the constellation that is the Roman Republic!

Vale!

Procurator Pacifica
Sacredos AESCULPII

N. Antonius Paullus
Numerius Antonius Paullus

Re: Statement from the Desk of the Procurator Pacifica

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 am

Additional note:

As of this moment I will be stepping back from the public sphere. I will be only conducting my duties as Procurator and sacredos as stated by the bylaws and rules pertaining to those positions. Thank you all for your time and consideration on this matter. If you need to get a hold of me in any way pertaining to those two positions please contact me, I would love to talk.

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:13 am

Why the withdrawal if I may ask?

Numerius Antonius Paullus wrote:Additional note:

As of this moment I will be stepping back from the public sphere. I will be only conducting my duties as Procurator and sacredos as stated by the bylaws and rules pertaining to those positions. Thank you all for your time and consideration on this matter. If you need to get a hold of me in any way pertaining to those two positions please contact me, I would love to talk.
Decimus Arrius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Indeed, how can a procurator step down from the public sphere? It is a public office.
I am getting sick and tired of this quitting attitude.
Valete!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 pm

With all due respect Pallus, what you described are the duties of a governor. In a way it sounds like you are stepping down but still want the title of a governor.
Decimus Arrius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Paullus,

As a fellow Procurator I embrace you as my brother. You are too important to the Res Publica to withdraw and I will not stand by and watch anyone question your character by the meaning or motivation behind your words.

We have seen conflict in these past few weeks that have given some of us doubts about the future of Roman Republic but for my part, my faith has been restored that this organization is still worthy of our support.

I strongly encourage you to remain in your duties and work with me and others to build the organization as we know it should be.

Roman Republic is only one of many Roman restoration organizations. Roman Republic does not have a monopoly on Roman restoration. It does not own Rome. No one owns Rome. Rome exists with or without us.

We do however have the opportunity here to rebuild Rome as it should be and I believe we must take that opportunity.

I believe you and I have a good understanding between us and that is why I do not want to lose you from the Roman Republic.
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Numerius Antonius Paullus wrote:Additional note:

Sal.

Clarify your position, please. In the private magistrate's board if you must.

As Praetor I am an assistant manager of the organization. In this capacity it is my job to see that all arms of this organization are functional and the 370 citizens here get served. As a procurator you are a director of a regional chapter of this organization. You should be building up your chapter and playing a hugely public role. If you cannot do so or are unwilling to do so, then we need you to step down and the senate should initiate a search for your replacement.

Personally, unless there is a non-political reason for your need to "step back", I do not have a very fond opinion of the matter. Like Cassia, you applied only a few months ago for this duty and knew the responsabilities. Duty is a huge part of being Roman. Lack of duty and an appreciation for the gravitas of your position is inexcusable in public office. Sir, you are a leader. So lead.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 pm

I would like to apologize to you, Antonius Paullus. My last post sounded inappropriately aggressive. Please do not take it as a personal attack.
However I think we should try to avoid everything that creates the impression that here are two hostile factions in the Republic, the Cassia faction and the magistrate faction. There is no need for this kind of polarization.
I understand that you might have other duties that require your time and that you are not able to post here with the same frequency as before. But it would probably have been better not to announce it formally to avoid the impression that this is a form of protest.
This Republic does not know the concept of "competing organizations". We have fellow Romans in other organizations. We all work for the same goal. I think we would even benefit, if you could keep us updated about your efforts in the other group. Maybe we can even contribute to our common goal.
I always liked the idea of building a real temple. Hopefully it will be in Rome.
Please do not withdraw from the Republic. People who are members in several Roman groups are needed to improve cooperation among us.

Optime vale!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 am

It is very reasonable for the non-profit to ask for clarification on Paullus' recent statements and actions. If I was still Quaestor I would demand the same. Any other group would ask such questions. I am interested in learning what he has to say. Paullus, I hope you explain publicly, and I hope there is a very reasonable explanation. It would be terrific if this is a misunderstanding.
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 am

Salve!

As stated in the op, I will still be performing any duties required of me as a Procurator and a sacredos (provincial recruiting and planning of activities and performing rites respectively)Other than that. I will be abstaining on getting any further embroiled in any matter unless I feel as though my voice needs to be heard. As of right now, based on my critics, my name is not one looked fondly on and my stepping back is my solution to not making it any worse. I did lose my temper when speaking on the matter that has caused all this and that is on me. But I have also been called a traitor and the like for my continued support of a friend and the pursuit of what I belive to be a noble cause. Instead of making things worse I have become silent. I currently work two jobs , seven days a week and I have little free time, which I devoted much to the RR. It was a safe haven. I dont see it the same way. But I am devoted enough to not resign my positions. Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter. As stated. I will continue to perform the duties required of me but that will be my limit.

Vale bene

N. Antonius Paullus

Next

Return to Main Forum