On the unique situation of Cassia's founding of a "Roman Group"

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

On the unique situation of Cassia's founding of a "Roman Group"

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:02 am

Brutus sal.

Here are my views: http://voicespice.com/Player.aspx?c=p&h ... 33&j=4A5EA

This group is unique. It is founded by a person who abandoned her office and the trust invested in her without warning. It was founded within hours of his complete disregard for members of our community. She basically demonstrated contempt for the voters and co-directors.

Overall I support and encourage other groups forming. This one in particular is unique. My spoken statement elaborates upon this matter.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: On the unique situation of Cassia's founding a "Roman Group"

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:50 am

Good day P Iunius Brutus. I hate to burst a majority of your bubble but Rome Aeterna was my Brainchild. It was my idea to make it to be a group dedicated to the creation of a physical temple to the gods and a physical location where cultores could congregate to learn and converse. Being as I suck at group management I asked my friend Cassia, to manage it for me and get it set up. No Ill will goes towards anyone and I for one do not hold any Ill will towards Cassia either. I get it, you feel betrayed by her and you are angry. But do not let this anger blind you as it appears to me you are letting happen. We are all cultores and I will work with anyone who walks the Roman way. So if you are seeking someone to blame, blame me. I will even resign my posts if you wish me to. But to me that just seems like a bitter injustice out of spite.
Numerius Antonius Paullus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 am

Numerius Antonius Paullus wrote:Good day P Iunius Brutus. I hate to burst a majority of your bubble but Rome Aeterna was my Brainchild. It was my idea to make it to be a group dedicated to the creation of a physical temple to the gods and a physical location where cultores could congregate to learn and converse. Being as I suck at group management I asked my friend Cassia, to manage it for me and get it set up. No Ill will goes towards anyone and I for one do not hold any Ill will towards Cassia either. I get it, you feel betrayed by her and you are angry. But do not let this anger blind you as it appears to me you are letting happen. We are all cultores and I will work with anyone who walks the Roman way. So if you are seeking someone to blame, blame me. I will even resign my posts if you wish me to. But to me that just seems like a bitter injustice out of spite.

Ave!

Did you listen to my post? The fact that she resigned and in hours runs your group is an insult to every citizen here. They trusted her to do her duty by voting her into various roles. She violated this trust. This does not make her "innocent" of such unprofessionalism. This is a fact. Not spite. But I am annoyed. It's a huge inconvenience and selfish act.

Because of these actions, the directors need to meet. Elect a new director. Then train them. Then we need to hold another election to fill her other roles. Then train these people. Get financial controls switched. She was invested with HUGE responsibility only months ago. It's unprofessional and highly inconvenient. We are doing more than run a Facebook group here...

As a director I promised the citizens that I would put them first. To trust me to do such. I will not support participants in Cassia's group, founded under these pretenses, who have caused so much disruption to the members of the RR, from holding admin duties in the RR. How can I trust such people after what the founder of this group did? I will excercise my right to oppose. Ultimately the voters decide. But you can count on me shedding light on the conditions upon which this other group was founded.

To put it another way. This message is for people like you. Who may inadvertently participate in this group, which unlike other groups, openly caused inconvenience and disruption to the admin of the RR. This is deeply problematic if you seek a greater role in the RR. Our administrators should be reliable and not flaking out of their entrusted duties on random whims.

Other groups are great! But this one is the only group which has directly disrupted our activities by being founded in this manner. This is because it's director treated the citizens of the RR with total contempt by resigning abruptly and erratically.

Honestly, if you really wish success for your brainchild group reconsider your director. I can't say I can provide her a stellar reference letter. She got in a private dispute with a member/donor then resigned from the corporate board without notice. Then resumed her duties by founding another group? Really? That is in everyone's interest? We are not just online. We hold offline assets and have offline responsibilities. We won't behave like this is acceptable behavior. It is not in any real business partnership. Cassia was legally in such a partnership. Good luck.

Vale,

Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 am

Curio Paulle Sal.

To say that because it was your idea that she is innocent in all this is a gross misconception. You may have come up with the idea, but she formed the group and is running it. That in itself speaks volumes. It doesn't matter that it was your idea, it was her actions that brought this to fruition.

Onto your next point, betrayal. Wow, that one is a doozy. As outlined by P. Iunius Brutus, she was entrusted with one of the highest responsibilities to our Republic. And she tucked tail and ran over a Facebook disagreement. This speaks volumes to me about her character. To me, she didn't take her responsibilities seriously. She didn't give a second thought to those she'd hurt in the process, only to her wants and desires. This is one of the most un-Roman things you can do, in my book. Out in the real world, abandoning your post in such a grossly unprofessional way is highly frowned upon.

Brutus voicing these concerns isn't anger blinding him, it's looking out for the interests of the Republic. I'm not certain if you're aware of this, but we take the Roman virtues here very seriously. Under one of our headings on our main page you can find the Roman Virtues (http://romanrepublic.org/wip/virtues.html). These, in my book, are principles and ideals that make a Roman. Here's a few of which I'd like to point out she broke. Fides, or trust. Under this heading, is the subsections of loyalty and reliability. Both of these she blatantly ignored, choosing to place her self interests above that of those who placed trust in her. Moving on to Disciplina, or self-control. This is a core principle of the virtues, and one she blatantly ignored my warnings for her to let it go during her disagreement with Maecenas. She chose not to have restraint during this disagreement, even going so far as to call him a neo-nazi and a fascist. This is unacceptable behavior of any Roman, let alone a Director of our organization. Last, but certainly not least, is the virtue of Pietas. The principle under this virtue I'm referencing is that of dedication. Dedication to your duties was a very important principle to ancient Romans. When you said you'd do something, or swear your service, you did it. Plain and simple. She abandoned that duty outright.

If you can't tell, I'm a little more than just hurt by her actions. Allow me to make this clear, she betrayed and burnt alot of bridges on that day. In a fit of rage, she left the Republic and cut many people off from her life. When her mother passed away, both myself and Brutus were there for her. When she was having difficulties in the Republic, I defended her at the risk of my own reputation. Now then, that being said, I'd say I'd been a pretty good friend to her. Yet I, and several others, were thrown to the side like garbage when it was no longer convenient for her. Tell me where the virtue or honor is in that?

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: On the unique situation of Cassia's founding of a "Roman Group"

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:53 am

I agree. Cassia was unprofessional and unRoman. She obviously made much work for our magistrates.

Does the NPO have any legal means for compensation?
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 am

SALVETE!

Why do you all act surprised? You are not really surprised. Right?

Don't you wish you threw her off the proverbial Tarpeian Rock when I first suggested it? (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=529&p=2660&hilit=Tarpeian#p2660) Waiting for her to jump on her own violation has everyone feeling sad.

See? Old wacky Camille might be smarter than he looks!

Paulle, I got some things I would like to sell your new group. Good prices, I promise!

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 am

I keep being added against my will to this stupid group on Facebook.

They won't stop. I want out. These bastards are adding people straight from the list of the Roman Republic without permission. Anyone else get added?

Can the Praetors please take action? Cassia is not here. But the group apparently belongs to Paullus, so I publicly request the courts take action against him!
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 am

As stated on Facebook. I did not know that one could be added to a group without approving the invite. Also as stated. I am looking into it.

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am

Evidence for the Praetor and Consul

When you join is says joined. When you are added it says added.
Attachments
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG (12.77 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
IMG_5016.JPG
IMG_5016.JPG (47.71 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 am

And as it is stated there. I am looking into it and I have also posted for those in the group that have been added in such a way. Of which I still don't know how it is possible. That they may be removed . I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Next

Return to Main Forum