EDICTUM CENSORUM: Censorial Nota against Tribunus Laticlavius Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

EDICTUM CENSORUM: Censorial Nota against Tribunus Laticlavius Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 pm

I. According to LEX CURIATORUM: On the Censores, the following is issued against Tribunus Laticlavius Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

a. A Nota Censorum is issued for breach of the Mos Maiorum. This breach is the following: Tribunus Laticlavius Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas acting with the authority of a Consul invested upon him by Consul Lucius Curtius Philo has negatively influenced the honor and dignity of the Roman Republic despite warnings against such actions. He has openly attacked magistrates on personal fora on multiple accounts. Often using his authority as a means of doing so. He has also threatened to "remove" an elected Consul of the Republuc. Such actions are in direct breech of the social norms expected of a citizen acting with Consular authority.

b. The penalty for this breach is:
i. Public condemnation of the actions stated in I-a of this edict
ii. A fine of 100 denarii to be paid to the Senate.
iii. Loss of optimo iure status until this fined is paid.
iv. A link to this Nota is to be displayed on the public citizenship profile of Ti. Cilnius Maecenas until the fine is paid.

II. This edict is effective immediately. It is only to be revoked once the denarii fine stated in section I-b-ii is paid in full. Alternatively, another Censor may revoke this Nota Censorum at their independent discretion.

III. If C. Cassia Longina remained a citizen of the Republic this Nota would apply to her as well, except that she formally represented the office of Curule Aedile rather than Consul.

Issued by Censor, P. Iunius Brutus
XVIII Kal. Mai. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos. MMDCCLXX a.u.c.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Return to Main Forum