EDICTUM CONSULUM: Investment of limited Consular powers to Tribunus Laticlavius Maecenas

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

EDICTUM CONSULUM: Investment of limited Consular powers to Tribunus Laticlavius Maecenas

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 am

SALVETE OMNES!

I issue this edict as I am about to undergo a medical treatment that will temporarily indispose me.

I. Tribunus Laticlavius, Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas, (http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... ecenas/280) is granted the authority provided by LEX CURIATORUM: On the Consul (http://romanrepublic.org/forum/download/file.php?id=65), in subsection Powers and minimum responsibilities of the consul:

II. Must organize the Comitia Centuriata and Comitia Tributa to elect censores, consuls,
praetors, curule aediles and quaestors for the year after their term expires

IV. Can summon the following assemblies and propose items before these assebilies:
a. Comitia Curiata
b. Comitia Tributa
c. Comitia Centuriata

XI. A consul may veto the actions of their colleague and any of these junior ranked elected
magistrates in accordance to the bylaws

XII. A consul may veto the actions of any appointed (unelected) magistrate (officer)

II. All decisions made by my Tribunus Laticlavius in my name shall be reviewed upon my return and are to be regarded as temporary but effective immediately as if issued by my own hand.

III. The Comitia Tributa is to be called within the next 40 days by my Tribunus Laticlavius if not called sooner by my Consular colleague or the Praetores. This meeting is to elect an additional Quaestor and ratify any pending legislation passed by the Senate. Tribunus Laticlavius, Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas is to chair this meeting in my name if not called by another magistrate sooner. If this meeting is called by Maecenas, then Quaestor, Gaius Cominius Laenas is to act as Rogator to verify the results. Quaestor, Lucius Livius Seneca is to act as Custode assisting in this task.

IV. This edict is effective immediately and will remain enforce until vetoed or rescinded. This edict expires on the Kalends of Quintilis at midnight.

Id. Apr. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos. MMDCCLXX a.u.c.
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Re: EDICTUM CONSULUM: Investment of limited Consular powers to Tribunus Laticlavius Maecenas

Postby Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:37 am

CONSUL! I am deeply honored by your confidence. I will serve as you would. Get well soon.

As acting Consul of the Roman Republic I request that the Comitia Tributa be called as soon as possible. I will review appropriate dates tonight with Consul Curio.

I also will get the coin project completed. This project needs to move forward. I can do this on behalf of our most esteemed Consul and father of the Republic, Philo.
Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

Re: EDICTUM CONSULUM: Investment of limited Consular powers to Tribunus Laticlavius Maecenas

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:22 am

Curio Sal.

This edict is officially vetoed and considered no longer active due to the dismissal of Ti. Cilnius Maecenas as Tribunus Laticlavius.

The dismissal can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1870

The Censorial Nota can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1869

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Consul
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos
Augur
Augur

Postby Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:20 am

I had no intention to harm the Republic. I see now that I have.

I fall on my sword like a proper Roman.

I forfit my citizenship and will never return.

I wish the Republic and all it's citizens only success. You MUST be successful. Achieve your dream and keep working! The Gods are with you!
Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 am

Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas wrote:I had no intention to harm the Republic. I see now that I have.

I fall on my sword like a proper Roman.

I forfit my citizenship and will never return.

I wish the Republic and all it's citizens only success. You MUST be successful. Achieve your dream and keep working! The Gods are with you!

If all were all as noble as good Maecenas, Rome never would have fallen. Farewell my friend, may the Gods carry you where you are most required!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Return to Main Forum