Micronation support

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Micronation support

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:47 am

Friends,

I come to you with a call for support of other micronations. Together we are strong and united. While I understand there are those that are not far from mere jokes, there are still those that we should pay attention to and maintain friendly relations with.

Vale,

Severus
Decimus Arrius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia

Re: Micronation support

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:34 am

Salve Severe!
As I understand it, we are no micronation. I think Brutus mentioned it repeatedly. There were some concerns regarding it. That we do not officially want to be a micronation seems to contradict the fact that we have our own magistrates though. Maybe one of the lictors can explain our official status better.
Optime vale!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Gaius Florius Lupus wrote:Salve Severe!
As I understand it, we are no micronation. I think Brutus mentioned it repeatedly. There were some concerns regarding it. That we do not officially want to be a micronation seems to contradict the fact that we have our own magistrates though. Maybe one of the lictors can explain our official status better.
Optime vale!
C. Florius Lupus

We are an organization serving a portion of a cultural and spiritual nation :)
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Salve,

The RR is not a micronation. The RR is a nation.

MICRONATION
noun: a small area or political entity that claims national sovereignty but is not recognized by other sovereign states.

We do not claim sovereignty.

We claim an already existing spiritual-cultural nationhood.

NATION:
noun: a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own

The RR is a nation and this objective already exists. This nation existed before the RR was founded.

We are associated with the territory of ancient Rome in a spiritual-cultural sense. We have a government to represent these interests. We do not seek to control the territory or take sovereignty. We are similar to some indigenous American tribes in this sense.

Our founding Declaration makes this clear in the first paragraph;

As descendants of ancient Rome and with history originating from that of the ancient Roman people we have gathered from around the world in international fellowship. United today on, Kal. Mart. MMDCCLXIX a.u.c., we affirm and declare the re-establishment of the Senate and People of Rome. In this act we declare a modern Roman Republic, the Res Publica Romana (Roman Republic), which is to be a cultural and spiritual self-governing nation. This nation shall include all those who voluntarily desire to live and culturally identify as Romans in the present day.

Micronations I cannot take seriously. They a fool errands best left to people like NR (which can't even run a simple corporation let alone a sovereign country...). The RR is real, no game, no play state, and it aims to be recognized as a non-sovereign and existing nation by outside entities. It is growing every day towards this aim and it will be achieved within the lifetime of some of our younger citizens.

As a cultural nation, we are made up of people who share customs, identity, and interests. Our nation is a living and tangible thing. The RR stands to represent the interests of this nation of peoples. The RR serves this nation and advances its interests in the world both with sovereign states and other cultural and religious entities, nations and the otherwise. But I would not spend much time acknowledging any micronation. We operate at the macro scale not the micro.

If we are going to form relations let us look to other non-sovereign cultural nations as a starting point.

vale.
L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Ave Consul!
This was a great response and very inspiring!
Until now the term "spiritual nation" has always been very vague to me.
This text, perhaps with slight adjustments, belongs on the home page of our web site. It would clarify things for people who find our community for the first time.
Vale!
C.Flor. Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Return to Main Forum